Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 12-31-2009, 09:47 AM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

Default Re: Need Advice on a White Tattoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannie View Post
wow... I'm real disappointed with half the responses posted.

First of all, IT'S MY BODY I WILL DO WITH IT WHAT I PLEASE.
I really thought that people with tattoo's would understand and respect that.

Second, I'm not blaming anyone for my tattoo failures/ misconceptions.... Sure there were things that could have been done differently but weren't and can't change that now. I am in no way blaming the artist for doing the tattoo and I'm not blaming my self for the tattoo (or the idea). He told me from the beginning that every person's skin takes ink and heals differently, so wouldn't that be the case for anyone getting a tattoo?? From my understanding all tattoo's need upkeep and maintenance through out time, and if I want one of in a color that will take extra care, fine I'm up for that. Of course I don't know better than the artist, I've never tattooed anyone and don't have any other tattoos.

Third, I came on here to get advise... I never thought I would get some of the rude responses that were posted. It's my body, I'll get whatever tattoo I want, whatever color I want, and where ever I want it.

And whoever wants to insult me or my idea please take it somewhere else, thats not what I came here for.
listen lady, if "its your body" then whats your problem? you got the tattoo that you were looking for. the artist did what he said he was going to do. "everyone heals differently" this is how you healed (all be it expectantly bad because its a white tattoo and thats what an all white tattoo looks like). and if yer not blaming the artist, then whats the problem here? you want advice on what to do? you got it. you need to accept what is possible in tattooing, and what looks good. things are done a certain way for a reason. it IS the artists responsability to tell you these things, and it IS thier responsability to turn out a good, lasting tattoo. sounds like he only did half of that. i know you arent blaming the artist, but i am. you got a raw deal. that should not have been done, and now you are stuck with a tattoo that didnt come out how you wanted (cause it was NEVER going to be that way) and now you have a bunch of assholes yelling about it on a messageboard.

bottom line. black. sorry if that is "too harsh of a contrast" but thats what tattooing is. if you dont want it to be seen, then dont do it. obviously yer husband/boyfriend/whoever was man enough to get it done right, maybe you need to look at yer own issues of if you really wanted this thing at all in the first place.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:47 PM
Corporal

Quote:

Second, I'm not blaming anyone for my tattoo failures/ misconceptions.... Sure there were things that could have been done differently but weren't and can't change that now. I am in no way blaming the artist for doing the tattoo and I'm not blaming my self for the tattoo (or the idea). He told me from the beginning that every person's skin takes ink and heals differently, so wouldn't that be the case for anyone getting a tattoo?? From my understanding all tattoo's need upkeep and maintenance through out time, and if I want one of in a color that will take extra care, fine I'm up for that. Of course I don't know better than the artist, I've never tattooed anyone and don't have any other tattoos.

Third, I came on here to get advise... I never thought I would get some of the rude responses that were posted. It's my body, I'll get whatever tattoo I want, whatever color I want, and where ever I want it.

And whoever wants to insult me or my idea please take it somewhere else, thats not what I came here for.
EVERYONE GETS THE TATTOO THEY DESERVE. Thank you for proving my point.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess View Post
yeah, shame on you guys.
hehehehehe!!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Corporal

sometimes, in life, we have to accept that certain things just won't work......so sad, but true.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

HA! reminds of something i heard someone else say:

This isnt Burger King, we dont do it your way.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:56 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Wink Re: Need Advice on a White Tattoo

Quote:

I don't think most of them meant any ill-will in what they were saying. Just being blunt and/or giving "tough love" on a subject they have seen time and time again. After a while, when you have told enough people the same things, you get kind of forget that the next person you tell probably hasn't heard it before, so you tell them as if it is the 500th time you've said it.

Not that this is an excuse for anyone here, just a better understanding.

Plus some people are just assholes.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Corporal

"First of all, IT'S MY BODY I WILL DO WITH IT WHAT I PLEASE."

Well,.... you done what you pleased! Against an "artists' " opinion on what works and what doesn't, And you got something your displeased with.
He took your money because he was tired of listening to "Who's the boss" gave you what you wanted, got you finished and got you to leave. This isn't a professional practice for any artist as to give in to a customer who has an opinion on whats right and what works if he knows better.

Shame on the artist for doing it and the customer for not listening, but if he didn't do it, they would have found another guy to do it. So I think it was a bad idea from the start from both partys.

but as long as he wasn't drinking Old crow and shooting Crank you should be good.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Recruit

Angry Re: Need Advice on a White Tattoo

see thats the thing I asked him if white would work, he said yes but it's taking a chance. so i took the chance thinking really any tattoo is a chance... i'm not displeased with him or the work, just need advice on what to do next... is it okay to tattoo over? what other colors could possibly work? all the responses on here just keep telling me how i'm an idiot or how bad my idea is, thats not what i came on a web site that I thought would have at least semi-professional or helpful resposnses. so yea thanks...
Old 01-01-2010, 11:12 PM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

i really dont understand why your taking to defending your stance on this. we (many of us) are artists, yes with lots of different personal experiences, and expertices, however many of us were not trying to be rude but just tell you our honest experiences and honest values of what happens with white, look. the bottom line up front is that if you are not happy with it, wait till its healed (*possibly a month or so) and go back and have the artist either redo the tattoo with a black background, or filled in completely black or ask him to use another white. its all your choice, however its like going to mcdonalds and asking for a whopper. you asked, we delivered, and you got pissed. please just take to heart that we were not taking pot shots at you directly as a person, you didnt know. however now you have many voiced opinions on what happens on a white tattoo. It is what it is dear. thanks for listening. (hopefully)
Old 01-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Recruit

thanks for your opinion. I just don't understand how I've seen so many pictures of white tattoos, yet so many people telling me they don't work. i see and understand now that my skin or whatever, that it wont work. my issues was i didnt expect the responses i received on here to be so negative and rude (in the way that i read them). thanks for your help.

Tags
advice, tattoo, white