Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Private

Default White bump on tattoo?

This is my first post here, and I didn't see a place for this so forgive me if there is.

Anyway, I have a small whit bump on my tattoo....about half the size of an eraser, and is like a hard blister. I got my tattoo about 2 weeks ago and is healig perfectly except for that spot. It doesn't hurt/itch but I just don't want it to scar. Thebump doesn't seem to be getting bigger, but it doesn't seem to be going away either. I have noticed it for about 3 days now, and have left it alone thinking it is just an ingrown hair, but now I'm not sure.

Any ideas?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:41 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: White bump on tattoo?

it may be an ingrown hair, i've seen that before, but half the size of an eraser is kind of big.i would go to a dermatalogist or something, talk to the artist and let him or her know whats going on. honestly, without a pic i cant really say.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Private

I have no idea what it is, I will give it a week before I go to the dermotologist. The bump seems to have gotten a little smaller, but it looks like the little scab fell off and now its a little red bump. Again, it doesn't hurt, I just don't want it to scar my new tattoo! My friend thinks it's a little infection of the follicle. It looks to be resolving itself though.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Field Marshal

sounds like no biggie bro!
Old 10-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Corporal

Yo dude,

So I got my first big piece from jace a little while ago. It was about 8 or more hours and i was sweating my balls off. I got home and got a couple of the exact things you are talking about. plus I had a rash all around the tattoo. it is most likely heat rash which is caused by overheating or clogging pores. just dont pop it or do anything. it will go away. best thing to do is make sure you completely air dry and try to keep the area well vented. keep applying lotion but not too much. it will go away and everything will look perfect.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:19 PM
DiQuartel

good answer Madd

when you going to be back for more?
Old 10-11-2008, 03:18 AM
Private

Thanks ALOT for your answer because that is almost exactly what I was saying! Everything is almost healed now. I think I was just expecting this tattoo to heal as fast as my last one, but it is ALOT bigger. I will try and post some pictures of it next week when it's totally healed because Bird did such an amazing job getting the statue look I wanted....I can't really explain it. The tattoo almost looks like paint now, really soft but detailed....again, can't explain it.

The funny thing is, I have alot of people ask if it is real it looks so soft.

I hope to be back there in a few months for my next project, but I'm not sure if I want some color in this one...or if I should stick with the b/w deal I have going on. Ihave an idea of what I want...but I need someone to put it on paper for me.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Corporal

Hey Di!

I think I am heading down to the dirty Nov. 22. Hope to have jace finish off my background and such. gonna try to do it as a day trip. hahaha we will see how that goes. see you sooooooon

Tags
bump, tattoo, white