Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 12-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Post your work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJRabbit View Post
Did this one on thursday
sorry about the pixels gotta get a new camera or figure out why its doing this crap
uh oh. and this was totally by accident i found this one: eight down, one over. still, man, not a big deal but i thought all the other ones were yours? http://www.yellowblaze.net/shige/gal...omp/index.html

no hard feelings, but a lot of us really put ourselves out there when we post. its hard to put something up youve put a lot into, and then see something like this pic as your competition.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJRabbit View Post
Going through some old thumb drives and look what I found a Before the whole Enchilada
I was Tattooing maybe a year when I did this

wounder what it looks like now to bad this is the olny pic i have of it
i believe you did this, and all the drawings youve posted... and man, we all have to start somewhere, dont be ashamed of where you are at, unless you are a house tatter. and thats a bummer.

id want myself to be called out on some s&!t like this, and hope everyone critiques me seriously when i post. im no master at tattooing and neither are many people on here.

now, seriously. who did all the other ones? i just really want to know!

Last edited by conorblue; 12-06-2009 at 08:57 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:54 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

wow dude, i'm gone for like a day and this happens, dude you cant get better by posting other peoples work. this is a shame man, there is a big difference between using something as reference and just plain ripping people off. and ripping people off is f@#ked up. not trying to jump on your s&!t dude, but i thought you were better than that. now i need to go smoke a pipe, and mellow myself. this sucks

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 12-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Platoon Sargent

Ripping off Yellow Blaze? Now that's ballsy...
Old 12-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Platoon Sargent

Old 12-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Private

I guess i picked the wrong to post my work and expect anyone notice...lol

Um I got the PM too, and didnt bother to reply, cause I think that was a pretty s&!tty thing to do, and i have seen it before on another forum ,and nobody will ever look at you the same...

But you assured everyone the ALL the rest were yours , and now theres another one already????????

I didnt think much of it after you explained yourself , this place is supposed to be freindly and all that... If that other one is true too , then I would have to suggest you crawl into a hole and hide. Cause thats not f@#king cool. No respect for other peoples work ! I would ban you from the forum.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentsboots View Post
I guess i picked the wrong to post my work and expect anyone notice...lol

Um I got the PM too, and didnt bother to reply, cause I think that was a pretty s&!tty thing to do, and i have seen it before on another forum ,and nobody will ever look at you the same...

But you assured everyone the ALL the rest were yours , and now theres another one already????????

I didnt think much of it after you explained yourself , this place is supposed to be freindly and all that... If that other one is true too , then I would have to suggest you crawl into a hole and hide. Cause thats not f@#king cool. No respect for other peoples work ! I would ban you from the forum.
I completely agree. I'm scared s&!t-less every time i post some of my work on here but i do it so i can get better, not for praise or attention. Not only that, but not sure if anyone else has noticed this; rabbit seems to be the first one to bash anyone new that's posting some bulls&!t out of their house. Not to support these people or anything but even they have the guts to post their own horrid work.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

Quote:
I was hoping I could show more, but my memory card just took a dump... wont read in my camera or on my computer anymore, says i need to reformat and that will erase everything on it : ( I got most of it backed up, exept for the last few days...
check your card before throwing it out. some cards have this little slider on the edge of them, sometimes they get moved to the wrong position and it "locks" your card out. if it has a slide tab, trying moving it from one position to the other and checking it in your camera. if that doesnt work, i guess it did take a dive on you, bad luck. hope this helps, i purchased 3 16gb memory cards before i figured out why they wouldnt work, expensive lesson.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Corporal

Quote:
I was hoping I could show more, but my memory card just took a dump... wont read in my camera or on my computer anymore, says i need to reformat and that will erase everything on it : ( I got most of it backed up, exept for the last few days...

this was from a shirt the customer brought in, but i customized it a lil more. Tree and birds are all healed, just finished the blossoms.(sorry its sideways, cant fix it)

I had to google hand layout and find bone reference, but its still custom.

this one was all me as far as the design.... but she jsut HAD to have the lettering in there like that... Im kinda a push over sometimes I guess

This one i need to spend a lil more time on. I lost part of my stencil on the left rose... dosnt quite match up. Only used my liner on the barbed wire where i had to. Everything else was a 15 mag bugpin on all my tattoos lately. But the vines look good tho , eh ? just a lil darker in the right side...I cant tell that s&!t sometimes, til i look at it on the computer screen later on.

I think im doing better with leaving out the outlines and tryin to get a more softer , painterly look. As always I need any advice or constructive Crit !

And i had posted before in my other pic, that I was using 25 mag.... I dont know what i have been thinking... Its been 15 mag the past few months. I dont know why i thought I had bought 25 mags
Hey man here is my honest feedback.
I think you have a bit of trouble getting the ink smooth and achieving contrast.

Most of the tattoos you have shows seem to have the same issue. Like your coloring looks scratchy and that most of the tattoo will fade out after healing.

Like for example the one with the tree and the birdie.

The praying hands look a bit better but still needs work.

The ribbon piece also lacks of volume and smoothness. Here you can tell the scratchy finish even more. Like if you use the magnum only hitting the skin with the sides if the needle.

The Roses on the chest seem like you you really dough her good, especially by the black area next to the red.

In all the pieces you showed it seems that you are not following circular upward motion or at least a technique that allows you to lay it soft. You may also have a bit of a problem with your machine tuning maybe they are too soft or too hard hitting for what you are trying to accomplish.

Just my $.2 not trying to offend or anything, just the honest feedback from my personal point of view.

Last edited by FallenKing; 12-06-2009 at 06:30 PM..
Old 12-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Private

No offense taken, thats exactly what i wanted.
Sometimes thats what it takes for me to realize the obvious... I totally see what you mean by the contrast, thats not really something i have thought of much before coming here and thats all i see around here , and i can see why.
the tree is all healed in that pic, and it is too light now that i look at it again. I didnt use any black in that one and it shows. The last couple months i have been trying to leave out the black to get a more softer natural look. But I guess its more in the approach than just the color?
My hands dont have any solid black areas, i see that now too.

All i used on the ribbon, was solid violet and one mix of violet with white. should have used two or three shades ? Would you have black n gray shaded it first too?

I think i need to expirement with designs down on paper more, especially my roses.

I have always had trouble with figuring out machines. Sometimes i think i get impatient and move too fast. I should slow down and focus on my hand movements with the machines.

thanks for the input! and keep it coming , I'm trying to get better at what i do.

Last edited by kentsboots; 12-06-2009 at 07:28 PM..

Tags
post, work