Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 10-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: side by side coils???

The main thing to remember about "cheap" machines is the materials used are inferior, the quality control is horrible and on the main thing is the Geometry of them SUCKS!!!! I've re-built cheap frames and use them on a daily basis, the frame quality is ok, but all the other parts were worthless.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrahn View Post
Im getting this model built for me next week and i wanted to show u guys how nice this machine looks. Performance...well, i will find out but i read some great feedback/comments from customers, about BLF22's pieces.

Some of these i think r Colabs also.
Charles and Brian build some badass machines... I got to talk to brian for a while at the fall philly convention and he's a super nice guy and a good machine builder, their machines are top notch and they've got some cool stuff going for them. Their frames are some of the highest quality i've ever seen from two independent builders.

They run great b/c they use all stock Lucky's parts (coils, binders, armature bars, springs, yokes, etc), so you're basically getting the same quality machines that lucky's puts out just with a different frame design.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Corporal

AWESOME!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Private

yeah, that's the new Trident, that guy from Kansas is making, "CustomCoils" is his screen name, yeah he's colabing on it, anything you get from that guy is geer-en- teed to be bad ass!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Field Marshal

He's just working on the coils and possibly binders i think, the frames are all brian and charles
Old 10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Private

I want one 2!!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Private

Thumbs up Re: side by side coils???

speaking about badassed machines when you (inkmucky) comming off some of those demacus and brass jobbers! that thing looks tight!
Old 10-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximalion View Post
speaking about badassed machines when you (inkmucky) comming off some of those demacus and brass jobbers! that thing looks tight!
I was gonna wait for the finalization of the plans before posting up the official information but as a teaser here's a lil word on what's gonna be going on.

I'm going to be releasing a production run soon. They will be brass and steel combos to start out with and 2 styles to choose from. The production models will have the following features.

Black Steel Baseplates and Saddle Springs
Brass Sideplates
Brass Binders
Copper Contact screws

The difference from a traditional production run machines are that these will have options associated with them (kinda like choosing s&!t for your new car). Options will include but aren't limited to choice of #of wraps on the coils, coil finishes, optional binders (carved, hand turned, copper or brass), hand turned contact screws. Sideplates will have the options to either be carved, sculpted, engraved, patinaed, copper sides or damascus sides.

The base price for a machine i'm targeting at $250 and options will add time so will cost certain amounts.

I'm also going to be doing a few one offs, including damascus combos, some simple some not so much. Those are going to be price appropriate but i'm aiming to keep everything under $450. One offs will be on either first come or commision basis.

I'm going to start off with 20 machines for the start of the production run. They will be built up however i'm feeling that day. 5 liners in each style 5 shaders in each style. Once those start selling then i'll up the run and start offering the options.

I'll post the details and photos once everything is up and running which should be within a month.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Private

you can count me in on one of those
Old 11-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Corporal

coool coool. we'll be watching for 'em

Tags
coils, side