Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Private

Default Re: Just Cause YOu Tattoo Doesn't Mean You Have To Look Like It..., Does It?

old thread or not, my two cents are these:
I cannot tell you how many times I have been stopped at the check-out line/red light/gas pump/bar stool and asked a)where you get your tattoos at? OR b)you do tattoos?
And then I hand out business cards. Lots and lots of cards. I like drawing attention from my tattoos, it's like a billboard but cheaper, and..uh..well, portable.
Just sayin.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Just Cause YOu Tattoo Doesn't Mean You Have To Look Like It..., Does It?

In some cases, maybe these non tattooed tattoo artists are saving their skin for something more larger like a full themed sleeve and don't want to have any regrets later. I wish I would have put some more thought into my arm tattoos. I have a clean back and the idea for my concept for my full back is over 6 yrs. Just waiting for time and an artist I feel comfortable doing the piece.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Platoon Sargent

I think you should hang it up dude do the corporate thing, or whatever, becuz if I had a job to support my future career I'd have tattoos everywhere and if they had something to say about it, I'd go hard to better myself so my artwork can now support me! Go hard or Dont Go dude............and by the way I love tattooing and everything it stands for and I will never "punch a clock" ever in my life again, tattooing has totally consumed me and I love that it did, f@#k a 9-5 Im a artist b1tc4!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Corporal

frek, chill man. and watch who you talk to and how. i am not heavily covered, nothing below the elbows, no ribs, no back, scattered across my legs. most of what i do have i am going to get lasered off. i agree with joe, i want to be a collector. go to these guys who have helped me and that i respect and get solid pieces instead of being covered in random sh1t. i will never do the hands or the neck. i still want to be able to put on a suit and not have it show. that doesnt mean anyone is less of an artist or less committed. i love being able to play the stereotypes. nothing visible, goad people into a conversation about it. hearing what they really think, then showing them my work. watch their expression change to oh sh1t, what did i just say. its fun for me. everyone around here already knows me, and knows my shop though so its getting rare to trick someone into it.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

All of these tattoo's were done by a guy named Mark Inman.
I work with Mark ,..and he does some real NICE work. Mark has been tattooing for 13 years now and has yet to get a tattoo.
Just because you dont "look" like the stereotype dont mean that you cant or shouldnt do the job.
... ( y )
Old 05-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

P.S.
I would let a Non-tattooed person who does good clean work, tattoo on me any day of the week.
Sure beats getting the same work from a person with a big head.
... ( y )
Old 05-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Corporal

We hired untattooed people at my shop to run the front. Never again. Now if you are a talented motherf@#ker and you do nice work I may consider hiring someone like that. But from a clientele perspective is odd. Imagine a client asking you "how does it feel?" and the artist responding "no clue!"

Last edited by FallenKing; 05-04-2010 at 03:21 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Platoon Sargent

Not saying you have to have a s&!t load of trash on your arm> my comments were directed to the guy who posted he doesnt like the covered tattoo look, I mean I know alot of guys who have a bunch of trash all over thats them not me. I only have a quarter sleeve on my right forearm done by a close friend of mine's who actually turned me on to tattooing and a old ass tribal dragon I plan on covering but as for ME I have plans of traveling and eventually being covered from hands up to my neck and I personally dont care what people think about me with a suit on or not. I was telling the origanator of this thread to hang it up becus I kinda took offese to what was said about the craft I love so much, thats all, thats how I feel> f@#k the chillin dude he basically told all of us that love tattooing and do it for our main source of income that he likes to play around in a industry that is and should be taken seriously. I want to be a collector myself becua I was a fan of the art of tattooing before I wanted to tattoo, Horiharisu I didnt mean to come off any kind of way towards you, but I will have a very opinionated view for people that play around in this industry, especially since my journey for becoming a tattoo artist has and still is very hard for me right now, and for a person to loosely talk about this medium irks me dude, I dont support the scratcher tattooer " Go all in or Move over". I'll go as far as to say this: I've seen alot tighter artwork from tattoo artists that are covered or have really big pieces or just alot of tattoos done on them, than a tattoo artist that doesnt have as many or none at all. Just my opinion> Not downing anybodies ego or artwork, just from my experience in this field thus far, thats what I have experienced.

Last edited by Frek; 05-04-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Corporal

LOL I'm with Terry on this one! Well I get to tattoo still, and a few others.....
Old 05-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Corporal

I do have to agree that I wish I didn't have half of the s&!tty 80's tattoo I have

Tags
tattoo