Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2007, 02:45 AM
Recruit

Angry tattoo to moist or to dry

hey guys just got a large black tribal tatt, artist said keep it pretty moist but not to moist i kept it i think a bit to moist, what effects will this have on my tatt will it suck the black out so it will appear blotchy
cheers assassin
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: tattoo to moist or to dry

One word: H2Ocean.

The inkers here can advise you better...but if its too hydrated it will be more prone to scabbing and that WILL pull color out.

I had two tats touched up because they didn't heal properly, due to the artist giving me really bad aftercare advice.

http://www.inkednation.com/parabellum9x19
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:18 PM
ninja f*cking face punch!
Private

A really smart dude once said...

How To SERIOUSLY Heal Tattoos

1. After getting Tattooed leave the saran wrap on for a few hours before removing...this allows the tattoo the bleed out without your lymph drying and scabbing.
2. After leaving the Tattoo shop go buy Aquaphor, anit-bacterial liquid soap, paper towels, saran wrap, scotch or medical tape, and non-scented lotion (we recommend Aveeno, Lubriderm, or Eucerin... we advise only high grade and non-scented lotions for the after Aquaphor portion of healing...Different lotions work differently on different people)...you need all these products before removing the saran wrap the first time...Aquaphor can be found in the lotion section of most drug stores...its made by Eucerin...This is the only healing ointment that we recommend...let it be known we do NOT advise or approve the use of any A & D, vaseline, tattoo goo, tat wax, H2 ocean, flim flam, snake oil, etc...
(although A & D is used during the actual tattooing process, it is Not good for healing Tattoos)
3. When removing the saran wrap for the first time there will be blood, ink, and lymph (clear gelital excreetion on your skin)...wash the tattooed area with HOT water (as HOT as You can stand...this will cause discomfort but will not damage the tattoo), using a damp and fresh paper towel to help pull off all the lymph, excess ink, and blood...rinse this area for a few minutes with hand and bacterial soap...This process pulls out all the elements that create thick scabs and will further the proper healing of your new tattoo
4. Let the tattooed area air dry wiping only the wet areas around the tattoo
5. Now apply a small dab of Aquaphor enough to cover the tattoo..rub this dab in with your fingure tips...it is key to only apply a thin layer of Aquaphor...although it is an oinment, use it as if a lotion...for example, thick gooy films are not good
6. Now wrap the tattoo with new saran wrap and tape just like it looked when you left the tattoo shop
7.You are going to sleep with the wrap on...this allows for your tattoo to fully bleed out and the lymph to stay moist and not bleed into your sheets...if you sleep without the wrap any hair, loose particles, sheet lent, etc. will become a part of the scab...wrapping prevents the sheets and clothing from sticking to your new tattoo and potentially ruining part of your new Tattoo...this process may make your sleep a little more uncomfortable than usual, but is a SUPER IMPORTANT KEY to SWEET healing
8. When you wake up remove the wrap...again you will have a gooey gelatiness layer of blood, ink and lymph...use HOT water and a dampen paper towel to remove this layer of goo(do not be afraid to pull the paper towel over the tattoo...after the gooey layer is removed wash with hot water and anti-bacterial soap with your fingure tips...again let the Tattoo air dry
9. Now it is time to apply another dab of Aquaphor to the tattoo...Again do not leave a thick film of goo...you just need enough for a thin layer to be massaged into the tattoo...if you leave a thick layer you will potentially create a trap and nest for particles to get stuck to your Tattoo
10. Each time you wash your Tattoo for the next 48 hours reapply this small dab of Aquaphor
11. Keep Tattoo Out of Sunlight...DO NOT touch the tattoo, and try and keep as little clothing friction such as a sock, bra straps, belts, etc away from the tattoo...DO NOT let Drunk Girls or Guys lick your Tattoo
12. After the first 48 hours you should switch from the Aquaphor to the recommended non-scented lotion...Always wash the tattoo before applying any lotion or Aquaphor
13. If you follow these steps you are now privy to the ULTIMATE SWEET SWEETNESS in healing your Tattoo

good luck...
Old 04-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Corporal

thats alot of words
Old 04-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Platoon Sargent

See...this is the thing...

I suggested H2Ocean...the guy above said not to use it.

Ask this question at a hundred shops and you are going to get a hundred different answers.

I dunno...everyone has a method they trust that has worked for them...and so much of the advice is conflicting, its really confusing.

Best of luck...keep it clean and hope for the best.

http://www.inkednation.com/parabellum9x19
Old 04-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Topshelftattoo

i prefer to have them leave the bandage on for at least 45 minutes. most people won't leave on passed the shop door but..... the key is to keep it clean! wash it w/ the hottest water you can stand.it will open ur pores and allow the skin to "breathe". apply lubiderm or curel lotion. then wash, rinse.and repeat but that's just me...
Old 04-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Topshelftattoo

and don't pick at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn you
Old 04-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Private

my last one i just washed daily with antibacterial soap and left it alone...healed up great...i have tried a lot of different methods...so far thats the quickest.....
www.slowfadestudio.com
www.bacausa.com
Old 04-10-2007, 03:32 AM
Recruit

thanks for the reply guys
Old 04-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Field Marshal

if you get tattooed by a really awesome artist with lots of experience, chances are if you completely left it alone, it would probably still heal fine

we suggest different things for different tattoos and placements in person at the studio, so Im guessing you got your tattoo somewhere else, however if you wanna call 770 435 9966 and ask for John or Matt Im sure they would run through it for you regardless of where you got it bro!

and thanks for climbin aboard the AON love train!

Tags
dry, moist, tattoo