Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 07-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Pricing your clients...

As a client this is my opinion.

Am I buying a childs drawing or a Monet? Personally I can't afford a Monet but I shopped for someone that appealed to me on the same level. For instance I can't afford a Brandon, but I really like Tony and Jace as much and can afford them. Probably be out of my range soon because their talent is that good imho.

As for tipping it is like tipping in a restaurant. If I get good service I give a good tip. If I don't get good service I don't leave a tip. I just finished my first session on my back with Tony and Jace and I loved the personal treatment, conversation and that extra they gave. So I left 25% tips for each. Maybe not as much as some leave but what I could afford. A tip is not for the product, it is for the service.

Basically it's as has already been stated. Charge what your worth bearing in mind the cost of living in your area. A 100K home in LA won't get much, in my hometown it would buy a nice home and several acres of land.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Corporal

very well put
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRoadHog View Post

Am I buying a childs drawing or a Monet? Personally I can't afford a Monet but I shopped for someone that appealed to me on the same level. For instance I can't afford a Brandon, but I really like Tony and Jace as much and can afford them. Probably be out of my range soon because their talent is that good imho.

As for tipping it is like tipping in a restaurant. If I get good service I give a good tip. If I don't get good service I don't leave a tip. I just finished my first session on my back with Tony and Jace and I loved the personal treatment, conversation and that extra they gave. So I left 25% tips for each. Maybe not as much as some leave but what I could afford. A tip is not for the product, it is for the service.

Basically it's as has already been stated. Charge what your worth bearing in mind the cost of living in your area. A 100K home in LA won't get much, in my hometown it would buy a nice home and several acres of land.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:22 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRoadHog View Post

that is spot on.............good post!!

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 07-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Private

I've got a cool little solution for people who want tattoos but are short on cash. I put them on my referral program. Basically, for everyone they bring in to get a tattoo from me, they get $15 dollar credit toward a tattoo. That way, I don't undercut the shops around me by cutting my price, I just reward someone willing to promote for me. Especially since I just move to my new shop, and I'm building my clientel.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
I've got a cool little solution for people who want tattoos but are short on cash. I put them on my referral program. Basically, for everyone they bring in to get a tattoo from me, they get $15 dollar credit toward a tattoo. That way, I don't undercut the shops around me by cutting my price, I just reward someone willing to promote for me. Especially since I just move to my new shop, and I'm building my clientel.
that is a great idea.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

i usually ask if they're on a budget. if what they want and what they're looking to get are somewhat in line, i usually bite...and then proceed to tattoo a little above and beyond what they initially asked for. i've won over a lot of repeat clients this way...just make sure they know whats up...'hey i know funds are tight right now, but i'm gonna hook this tattoo up for you this time because you deserve something dope.' 99% of them come back with serious money to spend
Old 07-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
this an excellent idea.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by styles View Post
this an excellent idea.
Thanks conorblue and styles.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:08 AM
f@#k yeah
Private

you know, i think that being worried about how much ''the other guy'' is charging is a waste of time. look at some of the really good artists-they charge whatever they want, and they get it, because they are THAT good at what they do. nature is cruel. those that are weak or that underperform will be swept by the wayside. to expect 250 dollars an hour in this day and age and complain about not getting it is a flagrant admission that you are satisfied with mediocrity. step up your game and TAKE whats yours. use some good business acumen along with generating truly badass dope artwork and all that money will come to you. but those of you who aren't able to stand out from the masses will be culled out like diseased cattle.

Tags
clients, pricing