Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Corporal

Default Re: mixture of dettol????

Yeah, I use it straight too.
I mostly use Stencil Stuff. They both work great, but it's just like what Brandon said in the DVD.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Field Marshal

straight up for stencil application
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Field Marshal

stencil stuff sometimes works too good.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Disfigured Member
Private

Dettol works great... i wipe with only cool refreshing distilled water
Stencil Stuff is like lotion..stencil slides and smudges....
Who's using Spray Stuff?....Pro's????Con??? Comments?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Platoon Sargent

I've used spray stuff. Works great as long as you don't have an actual stencil. Spraying it on a stencil causes it to smear big-time. But if you've just penned some things onto skin, it helps it stick way way way better.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:19 AM
Private

I dilute it a third dettol and two thirds water. germX is my friend to remove it. Sure smells like pine sol. s&!t everything is bad for you I guess. Don't want to put bad s&!t on my customers tho if there is truith to it being banned fill me in I can make some other stencil stuff of my own. I think the worst thing for me right now is that I am awake and finishing up 6 dozen cupcakes for the school. Don't I look like Bettie f@#kin Crocker! lol
Old 12-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Private

Straight up. I dont use Dettol anymore though, just stencil stuff. I have never had the slightest problem with stencil stuff smearing, in fact it works too well sometimes... I'll be finished with the tattoo with purple lines here and there that WILL NOT come off and mess up my pictures.

The spray stuff works great as well. I've only used it once on a sharpie sketch, and it worked great. I'm going to buy some soon.

Agreed, hand sanitizer is the best for stencil removal.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Corporal

Stencil stuff works just as well (not knocking on it but I'm gonna),

I just don't like the drying time (I work in a street shop, so time is of the essance) , Dettol dries faster on people.
One of the plus's of dettol is that a $9 bottle will go way further than a $20 bottle of stencil stuff (You can dillute dettol and spray your basement to kill bacteria on your walls, Stencil Stuff won't do this, if it did, I'm sure they'd make the label tell you about this magical power, so they'd sell more).
This may be opinion, but stencil stuff is just liquid speed stick.(it even smells like it, and has the same ingredients)
Also dettol is an anti-bacterial disinfectant, So in terms, kills bacteria on the surface making a clean slate for whatever you decide to do afterward.
I'm not saying stencil stuff is a waste of money (I have friends that love it!), but I believe it is just another tattoo artist consumer "money making" product.

And sticking with the post,,,,, No, Don't dilute it, Shave, clean the area about to be tattooed with alchohol to remove oils from the skin and rub in enough dettol to make things "tacky" , stick on your stencil and set up, should be ready by then. About 5 minutes, not 20 (like stencil stuff), If you don't like dettol, just chop up a peice of speed stick and apply it the same, you'll get the same results as stencil stuff.

Besides the drying time (that I don't like) KY jelly also holds patterns on people just as well as all the mentioned above. Just makes customers nervous, lol.

I'm sorry for the meaningless rant, but I've tried both for along time between each other and noticed the difference from each one (over and over again)

I have no personal use or knowledge of the spray stuff, so I don't have an opinion or knowledge of that product.

I know that personal preference is the main factor and also what works for one may not be a benefit to others. It's all opinion based

Just my two cents,

I tend to type alot with in the basement while the paint dries, sorry for being lame.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Corporal

Wow -- this all sounds very 'involved'. I just use my green-soap mixture. Works fine for me.

www.jmanutti.com
www.myspace.com/toolz111
Old 12-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Platoon Sargent

You spray dettol on a paper towel or your glove, and wipe it on the skin. It's not difficult and works wayyyy better than green soap.

Tags
dettol, mixture