Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 08-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Just Cause YOu Tattoo Doesn't Mean You Have To Look Like It..., Does It?

oUR cards hopefully sucka!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Just Cause YOu Tattoo Doesn't Mean You Have To Look Like It..., Does It?

but the question was about a tattoo artist and tattoos and then a monkey wrench got thrown in about having another type job interview hahahah you lost me

anyways I met a tattoo artist in UK w no tattoos a korean woman who takes NO s&!t from anyone

darrin white and I had dinner with her and several other awesome people.

and I told her the same thing - you are awesome but you not being tattooed is just plain uncomfortable.

darrin said her work was awesome though but I didnt see it cause we were at dinner.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:22 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
oUR cards hopefully sucka!
They're the only cards I carry on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
but the question was about a tattoo artist and tattoos and then a monkey wrench got thrown in about having another type job interview hahahah you lost me

anyways I met a tattoo artist in UK w no tattoos a korean woman who takes NO s&!t from anyone

darrin white and I had dinner with her and several other awesome people.

and I told her the same thing - you are awesome but you not being tattooed is just plain uncomfortable.

darrin said her work was awesome though but I didnt see it cause we were at dinner.
The only way I could see it as okay, was if the artist was not only really good, but only lacked tattoos because of some religious/familial belief. But it'd still be weird.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Private

I am not a tattoo artist. I wish I could be. I haven't drawn in years. If I started and got back into it full time I would like to try and learn tattooing. But I don't see that as something I want to do forever. I like computers, graphic design and building s&!t so thats what I do. I have tattoos. They are not visible past my shoulders...yet.
I will say seeing a person with tattoos tattooing doesn't determine them as an artists. Their portfolio and their rep. determine them. I just got a tattoo from a guy who has a full sleeve...its bad ass...He sucks as an artist. No creativity outside of the original design. My wife quite going to him after only line work because he was unorganized and showed no interest.
I had another piece done on my back by another kid at the shop and he's like 18 and did amazing on it. His dedication shows. His portfolio shows. He started tattooing with his dad too. I sadly had to switch shops because of presumed tension with the artists that f'd off on my wifes chest piece. The new shop we went to has amazing artists and a friendly atmosphere. They are excited about tattoos and designs. They are not all tattooed up but for the most part they are. They all seem to be artists outside of the machine too. Artwork and drawings around their work spaces. They don't like flash but rather draw custom work. The girl that is fixing and finishing my wife's piece is amazing. Her tattoos pop out and look vivid. I thought of Brandon's talk immediately when he says that the tattoos need to pop and jump off the skin at you. Thats what that shop has.

So an artists covered in tattoos doesn't make the artists, it may help them learn how to do things differently or how to not have a heavy hand, but does not make them an artists. Anything you do and want to do you have to sink yourself into. Also the people looking at you thing. I mean really, how old are you. People stare thats what they do. Most people are D-Bags. I get stared at all the time I have Pit Bulls and Shirts that say to ban Stupid People not Dogs. I also get compliments on them. When I have my shirt off people stare at my tattoos as well. I also get random people that say man thats awesome or where did you get that done thats sweet.
So Tattoos and Individuality are a badge man. Wear that s&!t with pride. If you are not proud of what you do then don't do it. If you are not proud of who you are in what you do then change your situation and yourself to fit the way you want to be. Maybe I am coming across as a d**k in this and going off topic in some spots thats just my opinion. Like I said I am not a tattooist. I have mad respect for people that are. If you are covered from head to toe or not you make the artwork and reputation for yourself.

Also that Arm piece you did is nice.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:56 AM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubh666 View Post
Whatever you do, do it with all your might. Work at it, early and late, in season and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never deferring for a single hour that which can be done just as well now.
P. T. Barnum
Yes!

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 04-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Private

If you havent got many and dont want many you simply cant have the passion and drive for this industry and should probobly find something else to do, you need to be 1000000% devoted and passionate about this lifestyle... not just a job so be a car salesman or whatever... its a question any devoted tattooist shouldnt have to ask i was a phonesalesman with full sleeves before i decided i wanted to quit and learn to tattoo
Old 04-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Platoon Sargent

^ THIS!!.......
Old 04-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Recruit

I'm no artist, but I have a little bit of ink myself and some of it is visible. It has never kept me from getting an office job. It's 2011, there is a much more lax policy regarding body modification. I do wonder, do you take all the metal out of your face before you go to these job interviews or jobs?

I will also say a phenomenal portfolio can make me wish I had work from any artist, but I would wonder how long they have actually been working in a shop. I know when the artists get bored they start working on each other so I would have to wonder how this person has so much willpower. Or how bad his co-workers must be to not have anything visible I can see.

P.S. every man looks better with some ink. Just sayin...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Recruit

No you don't have to be covered. But if your reason for not being covered or having visible tattoos is because you don't want to be judged or stereotyped because of your tattoos ...then you are just encouraging the stereotypes and not encouraging freedom of expression....

I recently opened a new business...and at first I was self conscience of my tattoos especially since I have had to hide them at the workplace for so called "professionalism" ....But I quickly realized that the service that I provided far outweighed my appearance. I get many compliments on my ink(which were done at AON) but I def get the side eye just because ppl don't know what to expect if they are first time customers.

Also on the flip side any one who has a passion and love for this industry should be ashamed of themselves if they say or think a person should look a certain way. You are pre judging and setting another stereotype ....we all have the right to look how we want and express our selves how we see fit as long as it doesn't harm or disrespect others.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Recruit

Well... there're many examples of tattooers with no visible tattoos or not huge ones.
Just to tell a couple:
BORIS, from Hungary
Dimitri Samohin: only wears small lettering visible in forearm...

I think it's better an artist without one, than a "living tattoo flash" with a lack of knowledge. Wearing tattoos from others doesn't mean you have the ability to do them, as an advantatge he/she has seen all the process from diferent artists. That is priceless.

Tattooed people always complain about prejudices, don't do the same. Judge about his/her abilities.
Just my opinion.
(The shoemaker's son always goes barefoot)

Tags
tattoo