Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 09-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Private

Exclamation ink problem????

Ok, so I came up with a fairly resonable thought abought all this ink reaction stuff. People say that moms ink has a bad repore for alot of reactions..used em 4 years never had an issue. I hear all this stuff about reactions and it drives me crazy. I have ALWAYS used plastic tubes. So it occured to me that things might be a little trickier than we all think. You know how people in the last years have started using plastic tubes for white...because the metal tubes stain the white??????? Think about it????? BRASS TIPS.... STAINLESS TIPS???? METALS IN INK??? maybe it is the ink and tubes that are reacting in a weird way??? and making a caustic poison.... Makes sense to me.

MACE
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:44 PM
crocmaster
Corporal

Default Re: ink problem????

I think we are all wrong...it is the dark lord himself SATAN!!!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Private

damn skippy!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Private

tis a possibility with some colors for sure....the only color i've ever had problems with is red or purple..but those both contain higher levels of toxins...the only red i've had the least amount of problems with is dynamic rd4....there black is also the darkest true healed black i've ever seen...good stuff...not for greywash though...so much pigment it's grainy
Old 10-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Field Marshal

agreed, most reactions i've seen are in reds. my boy lou reacts really badly for whatever reason. we just avoid any red, orange or yellows.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Platoon Sargent

i have a lot of starbrites red on my arm. and i get these weird lumps underneath my skin. they last about a year usually and then go away. then reappearing about a year later. they are usually a little bit smaller than a pencils eraser, and hurt slightly if i press on them. i got one right now and its starting to piss me off. anyone else seen this before?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Craig Harris
Corporal

I have had a similar reaction with black ink that was used on me years ago. I get raised lines and bumps in my skin when the weather is hot, but when its cold it`s fine, but it`s not painful though.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:47 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

never had a reaction, except when i used "one". and it was only once.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 10-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Private

Cool Re: ink problem????

i think our bodies don't like any ink, and....and but....we are ink freaks and artists who are obviously used to suffering, so if it does not kill us right away.....do we really care too much ???? sometimes when i eat taco bell i s&!t for 3 hours....how many taco bells are there???!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:23 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Reality View Post
i think our bodies don't like any ink, and....and but....we are ink freaks and artists who are obviously used to suffering, so if it does not kill us right away.....do we really care too much ???? sometimes when i eat taco bell i s&!t for 3 hours....how many taco bells are there???!!!
dude i worked for a taco bell for three years in high school, and actually all their meet is real, no fake bulls&!t. but yah it will deffinately make you s&!t for hours.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert

Tags
ink, problem