Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 09-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Private

Exclamation Re: intenze ink

i agree...lets have an explanation...thats pretty harsh.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Private

Default Re: intenze ink

Both Intenze and Millennium are made with ABS plastic (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) which is basically colored ground up plastic polymers. I have some intenze in my foot and it is NOTHING compared to permapro / unique.. permapro is definately brighter and packs in more solid than any intenze ever will imho.

Dont know much of the technicalities about ABS plastic but I can say from experience, that you can literally feel the plastic under the skin and it has a high risk of polymerizing into one big mass of pigment. Nasty stuff, for sure.

Last edited by Graupel; 09-21-2008 at 11:36 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Private

well i feel like i got raped in the ass...cause i just switched to intenze...bought all 4 oz bottles...spent alot of money on them. Just really dont know what to say. I know one thing for sure...there is a whole lot of issues being raised with alot if ink....this is what happens when things become mainstream....so who now gets to deal with the end result....us? or the manufactures....or is it our clients...better f@#kin have a rock solid consent form.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:30 AM
crocmaster
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Reality View Post
well i feel like i got raped in the ass...cause i just switched to intenze...bought all 4 oz bottles...spent alot of money on them. Just really dont know what to say. I know one thing for sure...there is a whole lot of issues being raised with alot if ink....this is what happens when things become mainstream....so who now gets to deal with the end result....us? or the manufactures....or is it our clients...better f@#kin have a rock solid consent form.
didn't intenze recently reformulate their whole line of colors because of the reactions they were having.( thats just what i had heard, it may or may not be true)...I have never personally had any serious problems with any intenze pigment. I still use it all of the time. what it really comes down to for me is this, none of us were born with ink in our skin and regardless of where it comes from it is a foreign substance that we are willingly putting in our bodies. whether its some liquid plastic intenze or some purely vegan organic stable color, or dermaglo, none of it is supposed to be there and different people will react to different things in their body...someone may not be allergic to a lab created chemical plastic but may be deathly allergic to an organic ingredient. all reputable ink manufacturers say right on the bottle to spot test 24 hours before tattooing. obviously very few of us do that and that makes it 100% our fault if a client has a reaction (whether we like to hear it or not)
Old 09-22-2008, 12:24 PM
LBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpaetzold View Post
didn't intenze recently reformulate their whole line of colors because of the reactions they were having.( thats just what i had heard, it may or may not be true)...I have never personally had any serious problems with any intenze pigment. I still use it all of the time. what it really comes down to for me is this, none of us were born with ink in our skin and regardless of where it comes from it is a foreign substance that we are willingly putting in our bodies. whether its some liquid plastic intenze or some purely vegan organic stable color, or dermaglo, none of it is supposed to be there and different people will react to different things in their body...someone may not be allergic to a lab created chemical plastic but may be deathly allergic to an organic ingredient. all reputable ink manufacturers say right on the bottle to spot test 24 hours before tattooing. obviously very few of us do that and that makes it 100% our fault if a client has a reaction (whether we like to hear it or not)
well you do have to consider the fact that some of these pigments are safe and some are not...just a fact! Plastic is in no way safe to be putting in your skin or your customers, the fda doesnt regulate tattoo pigment since it is considered cosmetic which leaves it up to the artist to be responsible for what they are putting in people...do some research! If you want good pigment stay far far away from that turd that makes intenze!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
crocmaster
Corporal

the fda would probably tell you that peanut butter is safe...but it kills people all of the time...probably a lot more often than plastic
Old 09-22-2008, 10:07 PM
LBT

i know the fda is a joke sometimes but are you really arguing this point? are you down with the black light ink too?
Old 09-23-2008, 06:35 AM
crocmaster
Corporal

no...i don't think anyone should glow. but in that case, i guess we should all stay away from inks like classic color and waverly because they both have some colors that are blacklight reactive (maybe unintentional) but people still swear by them...i'm not saying that intenze is harmless at all, i'm saying that in the short years i've been tattooing I have used a lot of different inks and the ones i've seen the most frequent and most disturbing reactions from have been Starbright with the most, then Eternal, then Mom's, then Intenze.
I am not saying that intenze is the best stuff out there but it is definately not the garbage that you get in huck spaulding tattoo kits on ebay. there are a lot of artists, probably ones that we both look up to, that use intenze on a daily basis. you can't fault someone that uses something that works for them just cause you don't agree with it. especially when there isn't a single ink out there with any formulation that should be in our body. If it were truly organic and safe it would grow on a tree and no one would ever have these conversations.

just took a break and checked some msds sheets for intenze and technical info on dermaglo since they don't offer msds
yes intenze is a little freaky
but dermaglo still has charts showing for some colors that the levels of heavy metals in the pigment far exceed the limits that should be allowed
so i guess that if people have serious issues with putting anything potentially harmful into some one else's body, they should probably not tattoo at all
and for that matter, eat anything that they didn't grow or kill themselves.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Private

Talking Re: intenze ink

WOOOOOORDDDD!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:32 AM
LBT

well lets get back on track...my main point was there are some pigments that are very unsafe....that was it! If you do quite a few searches you will actually gather quite a bit of info on why there are so many reactions with intenze and it isnt because its great.

Tags
ink, intenze