Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 07-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Corporal

Default Questions for the Artists

We as in the artists and apprentices are going to be on the forums full force so if you have questions for anybody now is a great time to ask
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Private

Default Re: Questions for the Artists

Howdy Matt, great seeing all you guys cruising around the forums, cant think of anything off the top of my head currently but im sure something will come up.

Cant wait to meet all the great people down at the studio when I come in! Keep up the sick work.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Corporal

what is the artist/shop split?

least favorite thing to tattoo
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Private

The artist/shop split is based on how long you have been at AON. The longer you have been at AON the more money you deserve.
I am not sure that I am allowed to say exactly what the split is.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Recruit

What is a good rule of thumb to determine how much detail is too much detail fore size limitations
Old 08-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Private

Your skin will move over time so just keep that in mind. You do not want so much going on that it will not age well.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Dunlap View Post
We as in the artists and apprentices are going to be on the forums full force so if you have questions for anybody now is a great time to ask
Really glad to see all the guys jumping on board. Helps make the time between sessions seem shorter..... Ok I lied but it is good to see everyone here.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Corporal

I know what you mean about being excited about the next session. When I get tattooed at All or Nothing, I cannot wait for the linework. Then I cannot wait for the color! It is always worth the wait. But good artwork makes me impatiant for more good artwork.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Doe View Post
What is a good rule of thumb to determine how much detail is too much detail fore size limitations
I tell clients all of the time. I have the ability to tattoo it that size, but, I want it to look good forever. So, lets make it big enough for you to be pleased forever. Looking at my tattoos from years ago shows me how tattoo ink migrates over time. I try to plan for success. Good luck to you.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Corporal

just as everybody has said it all deals with positive and negetive space, between skin and ink but also between ink and ink. people change, skin changes, and other factors you need to give room for that.

Tags
artists, questions