Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Private

Default bills original waverly black

i just picked up my first bottle of it yesterday and was wondering if any others have any opinions on it . i have been an avid kuro sumi user for years and now that i have done a couple small tattoos with bills black , i must say i am really pleased ! the consistency of it seems really close to sumis and it just flew right in .
i know it states that it is an all around black so i guess i`m really asking if any others have used it as a wash and solid fill and how their results were .
thanks in advance , B.........

p.s. as always ... bill has to be one of the best i`ve had the pleasure to deal with ! it seems every order i have ever placed with him has always come with an added little extra door prize so to speak and the customer service has always been great , thanks bill for giving a f#$k !!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:25 AM
Private

Default Re: bills original waverly black

My order was packed with freebie goodies. :-)
So the black is thin as kuro sumi? Is it as messy to get of the skin?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Angel of Death
Corporal

I was recently tattooed with it and I didn't see the artist having any trouble
with it being messy or hard to get off my skin...went right in and the tattoo
has head up beautifully!
In fact this entire tattoo was done with Waverly pigments!
Don't know if this really helps as it is coming from a non-artist
but I love Bill's pigments and they heal wonderfully in my skin!

Tattooed Sweethearts
Old 02-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Platoon Sargent

Saw the pics on my activity stream on Myspace. Seth Ciferri knows what's good. Love the tattoo Dawn, it's beautiful.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Angel of Death
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Saw the pics on my activity stream on Myspace. Seth Ciferri knows what's good. Love the tattoo Dawn, it's beautiful.
Thank you Joe!

In all fairness though....I have no idea what he would normally use as
he was using what was available to him there at the time!
I personally was stoked though that it was all Waverly pigments and I am guessing
since this is a new pigment from Bill, that it was the first time Seth had ever used it!

All I can say as a non-artist is....buy a bottle and try it!
If you don't like it then pass it on to someone else who
might! For a few bucks you may find something you really
like a lot.....but I can tell you, it looks wonderful in the skin!
At least that is my experience!

Tattooed Sweethearts

Last edited by Bunny; 02-21-2010 at 08:56 AM..
Old 02-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Angel of Death
Corporal

Just got tattooed again yesterday with it and when i asked them if it was as messy they said to stop being a Puss E and wipe harder....ha ha ha ha!
The artist who tattooed me yesterday really liked it as well!

Once again....Black looks great!
Tattooed Sweethearts

Last edited by Bunny; 02-22-2010 at 08:43 AM..
Old 02-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Field Marshal

there is a certain richness to the heal of waverly that i have not found in other inks.
if you have it on you, or have used it, you know what i am talking about. i need to re-up soon myself.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Corporal

I just placed another order with Waverly last night, and I put a bottle of Dark Black on there just for good measure. I've always been a Talens kinda guy, but everything else from Bill is so flippin' good I figured I had to give it a shot. From the looks of Bunny's rose, I will be making a permanent switch. And for the record, Bill is tops on my list for Customer Service professionalism.

www.jmanutti.com
www.myspace.com/toolz111
Old 03-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Corporal

Waverly's Dark Black is the BOMB!!! I love it!!! Been lining and shading with it for a week now, just did a giant tribal lion on some guy's chest --- its a little messy compared to Talens, but goes in nicer and is BLACK AS f@#k!! I have not had the chance to do a B+G piece with it, but i have used a light wash for drop shadows and stuff, it mixed down nice

www.jmanutti.com
www.myspace.com/toolz111

Tags
bills, black, original, waverly