Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 04-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Recruit

Default color change

So, I have a question. A while ago, I got my first tattoo, and I love it. The shading is awesome, the artwork is lovely. I'm happy with it, overall. The only trouble is that I wanted it to be purple, very clearly purple, and it came out blue. I would just leave it as it is, except that the memory it symbolizes for me is clearly purple, and I want to stay true to that memory. It is the reason I got the tattoo, in the first place, after all.

I'm wondering what goes into changing the color of a perfect tattoo. Assume I know nothing about the process. Does it work like water color or oil? Would one be able to go over it with a light read, and thereby change the color without altering the shading or detail, or would it have to be a full cover up? If it would have to be a cover up, how easy is it to go over another artist's lines and shading without altering the original? Is any of this even possible?

Also, I am wondering about etiquette. I love the original artist's work, and would love for him to alter the color as well, but I don't want to offend him. I feel kind of stupid because he showed me the color of the ink first, and I agreed to it, but it looked much different on his glove than it does on my skin. I just don't want to look like an idiot or an ingrate. So, all you artists out there, would you be offended by such a request, or think the customer was stupid? Shall I go to another artist just to avoid that sort of thing, or stick with the one I know?

Also, have any of you gotten something similar done, changed the color of a tattoo? And, how did it come out for you?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Platoon Sargent

First, definitely talk to your artist. You should always have a positive relationship with your artist and feel free to talk to them about stuff like that.
second, you can change a color somewhat of a tattoo. Depending on the color. You could make something that is light blue purple easily. But it all depends on the tattoo and the circumstance.
We always keep a positive repore with our clients and make sure to give them exactly what they need, even if its changing a color or changing a tattoo all together.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Recruit

Default Re: color change

I just got my first tattoo last week at a very reputable place in NYC. It is supposed to be pink. I brought in a shirt to show the shade I wanted the color to be. It looks like red. I'm so disappointed. I haven't called the owner yet. Just doing a little research on the internet. Is it possible for this to even be fixed since pink is a lighter color than the color it looks now. It looks like a light red, but not pink at all. I'm really hoping someone will tell me what I want to hear.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:09 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: color change

let it heal, it might look red, because of irritation. when it heals it should lighten up. if not talk to the artist.

Tags
change, color