Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 05-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: CAM

most premades are all the same

i know Nikko makes his own using CAM's needles, he likes to use the small bugpins and jig em to his own satisfaction

i personally CAN do it but don't see the need in investing the time TO do it, unless i need a specific needle type, in a specific grouping, for a specific reason... but then you can just call someone else and have them waste the time hahaha, i'll admit it i'm a lazy bastard sometimes
Old 05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Private

i have used cams premades from my apprenticeship on through to today...i have tried others..in fact, i used technicals needles for about a year.
i acctually liked them better...but the cam needles are just as good...

but its like this...

the needle can only be as good as you are.

just keep an eye loop handy....

johnny jackson uses all cam premades btw..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Corporal

cam all the way for needles. I really like the lines I get out of em. I tried eikon not too long ago and wasn't very pleased. All of the groupings were too small in diameter. 5's gave me 3 lines 7's gave 5's. As far as the way they ran, couldn't argue with them, it was just really irritating to get a bunch of needles in that didn't turn out the way i had thought. Still use em though, and plan to go back for more now that i've got an idea of what i really need.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

I like Eikon's loose needles, I bought a s&!tload of them about a year ago, and still have a few thousand, but I rarely have time to build needles though. The shop gets premades from CAM, Kingpin, Whitehall, and Technical, so I switch around alot. As far as the premades, I like certain things about them all, but none better than the other.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:48 PM
THE JAGERMASTER
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by motelsicks View Post

johnny jackson uses all cam premades btw..
that is just amazing....ca-ray-zee

i didn't think cam needles worked with hawk machines?

http://www.myspace.com/jonathonwant
Old 05-05-2008, 12:06 AM
that guy
Private

I have used the #11's from CAM for about 12 years now. They're .33mm which is great if you like the control that offers. That's about the only thing I buy from them with the exception of the occasional bottle of Starbrite. I still make my own and I like how they break up the package into smaller packages so I can stash some for those times when I forget to re-order in a timely manner.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonofthedead View Post
that is just amazing....ca-ray-zee

i didn't think cam needles worked with hawk machines?

smart ass
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-06-2008, 10:59 AM
THE JAGERMASTER
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by motelsicks View Post
smart ass
who me?.....never.....

http://www.myspace.com/jonathonwant
Old 05-07-2008, 01:38 AM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

ever since cam started going mass production there needles mostly noticed in the mags are not always perfect.....the needles were sometimes crooked and dull.....kingpin if you look under a microscope there dull aswell....i started going through pulse cause of the material they use and ive checked every needle and never have issues.....

they are a little more expensive yes but the qaulity of needle just like your other supplies can change the way your tattoo looks or heals.

ive used:

dps(tattooproducts.com)
eikon(not bad either)
kingpin(i will not touch them for needles)
workhorse (expensive but well worth it)
cam(no)
and pulse (expensive but well worth it)

its totally up to you

i say buy a few from diff. companys....try em out and see which ones suit you the best.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Private

amen brother.

seems like we got quite a few ppl from tx on here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
cam