Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers
 
HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
  #21  
Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 AM
inkmunky's Avatar
inkmunky inkmunky is offline
Senior Member
Field Marshal
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 897
Default Re: stable inks

did you read the rest of the post? There's a ton of opinions. I tried it once and didn't like it all that much, too thick for me too. But everyone has to make up their own minds, i'd avoid the set and just get a few bottles of the colors you think you'll use the most often to try it out, that way if you don't like it you're not wasting a ton of money.
__________________
there's nothing hard work can't accomplish
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-18-2008, 11:38 AM
edu's Avatar
edu edu is offline
Tattoo For LIfe
Private
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 13
Default Re: stable inks

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkmunky View Post
did you read the rest of the post? There's a ton of opinions. I tried it once and didn't like it all that much, too thick for me too. But everyone has to make up their own minds, i'd avoid the set and just get a few bottles of the colors you think you'll use the most often to try it out, that way if you don't like it you're not wasting a ton of money.
yes, i'm so curious about this ink experiment... so i just i bought 4 bottles of stable 2oz and waverly jap red... hope is not wasting money.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Jayrahn's Avatar
Jayrahn Jayrahn is offline
Senior Member
Corporal
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Baraboo,WI
Posts: 159
Default Re: stable inks

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu View Post
yes, i'm so curious about this ink experiment... so i just i bought 4 bottles of stable 2oz and waverly jap red... hope is not wasting money.
well i guess we'll know soon enough if YOU wasted money...
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-19-2008, 10:22 AM
jerseyjaywymbs's Avatar
jerseyjaywymbs jerseyjaywymbs is offline
Senior Member
Field Marshal
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,094
Default Re: stable inks

with all the new ink on the market it's hard to say what's best. i buy inks from like 5 or 6 different companies. each one has something i like or dislike. don't be afraid to buy tons of colors. if you concern is money, buy sample bottles. if you like em' go ahead and get the bigger bottle. opinions and assholes bro, everybody's got em'.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-25-2008, 09:28 AM
edu's Avatar
edu edu is offline
Tattoo For LIfe
Private
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 13
Default Re: stable inks

Well i got the stable and waverly ... yesterday ... and i do a cover up tattoo on my friend leg...
here's the link pic :

http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=CIMG1847.jpg

Last edited by edu; 12-25-2008 at 09:32 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-26-2008, 04:21 AM
kollin's Avatar
kollin kollin is offline
Senior Member
Corporal
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: sunset, utah
Posts: 268
Default Re: stable inks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrahn View Post
well i guess we'll know soon enough if YOU wasted money...
sick buuurrrnnnn
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Deran's Avatar
Deran Deran is offline
Senior Member
Platoon Sargent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 647
Default Re: stable inks

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu View Post
Well i got the stable and waverly ... yesterday ... and i do a cover up tattoo on my friend leg...
here's the link pic :

http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=CIMG1847.jpg
Huge light source issues there. The shadowing is all kinds of off. I'm not sure if you were looking for a critique or just to show the colors but I would strongly suggest either an art course at a school or pick up a book or two. I think it would help you out quite a bit.

To me, it doesn't matter what kind of ink, machines, needles, etc. you use. The first priority needs to be on the artistic side. You have to train your eye to see exactly where the shadows should be and where they shouldn't be when you first look at something. It'll take a bit of practice... lots of drawing. Look at real things, like a stuffed animal or a lamp or have a person pose for you. Draw them. Look at where the shadows are. You'll see that when a mouth is open, there's always a shadow towards the back of the mouth. Unless someone is in front of them shining a light in their mouth for whatever reason. Things like that.

Like I said, it'll take a lot of practice but it's definitely something you absolutely have to learn if you want to get good. I'm not a great tattoo artist yet by any means but I like to help with the artistic side when I can. Hope that helps.
__________________
Tattoos by Deran
Who wants a mustache ride?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-26-2008, 06:15 PM
kollin's Avatar
kollin kollin is offline
Senior Member
Corporal
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: sunset, utah
Posts: 268
Default Re: stable inks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deran View Post
Huge light source issues there. The shadowing is all kinds of off. I'm not sure if you were looking for a critique or just to show the colors but I would strongly suggest either an art course at a school or pick up a book or two. I think it would help you out quite a bit.

To me, it doesn't matter what kind of ink, machines, needles, etc. you use. The first priority needs to be on the artistic side. You have to train your eye to see exactly where the shadows should be and where they shouldn't be when you first look at something. It'll take a bit of practice... lots of drawing. Look at real things, like a stuffed animal or a lamp or have a person pose for you. Draw them. Look at where the shadows are. You'll see that when a mouth is open, there's always a shadow towards the back of the mouth. Unless someone is in front of them shining a light in their mouth for whatever reason. Things like that.

Like I said, it'll take a lot of practice but it's definitely something you absolutely have to learn if you want to get good. I'm not a great tattoo artist yet by any means but I like to help with the artistic side when I can. Hope that helps.
Well I learned alot
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-27-2008, 12:42 AM
edu's Avatar
edu edu is offline
Tattoo For LIfe
Private
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 13
Default Re: stable inks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deran View Post
Huge light source issues there. The shadowing is all kinds of off. I'm not sure if you were looking for a critique or just to show the colors but I would strongly suggest either an art course at a school or pick up a book or two. I think it would help you out quite a bit.

To me, it doesn't matter what kind of ink, machines, needles, etc. you use. The first priority needs to be on the artistic side. You have to train your eye to see exactly where the shadows should be and where they shouldn't be when you first look at something. It'll take a bit of practice... lots of drawing. Look at real things, like a stuffed animal or a lamp or have a person pose for you. Draw them. Look at where the shadows are. You'll see that when a mouth is open, there's always a shadow towards the back of the mouth. Unless someone is in front of them shining a light in their mouth for whatever reason. Things like that.

Like I said, it'll take a lot of practice but it's definitely something you absolutely have to learn if you want to get good. I'm not a great tattoo artist yet by any means but I like to help with the artistic side when I can. Hope that helps.
I'm open to critique and yes i want to show the colors. well its not finish yet, perhaps next week i'll finish it. Me too i'm still new in tattoo art, still lots of pratice here..
anyway thanks for the build up critique and i appreciated it.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
inks, stable

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

| Home | Tattoos | Art | Publications | Messageboard | Links | Studio | Tattoo Articles | Driving Directions |
| New Pictures | Tattoo & Piercing Aftercare | Link to Us | Media |

Don't forget to check out:
| A.N.T.I. Art Elite | A.N.T.I. Art Atlanta |Atlanta Tattoo Tv|BrandonMFBond.com| Atlanta Pitbull Rescue
| StrangleHold Merch | TattooingAtlanta | Brandon Bond | Dave Mf Tedder |
Matt Dunlap |

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2004-2013 by All Or Nothing Tattoo And Art Gallery.
2569 S. Cobb Dr., Smyrna, Ga. 30080 - Phone: 770.435.9966