Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Private

Default Re: how small is to small?

Confusius say:Never feel like the asshole when dealing with idiots and cheap mofos.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackthereof View Post
Confusius say:Never feel like the asshole when dealing with idiots and cheap mofos.
so funny and true. you speak clearly round eye
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Corporal

Im not f*cking around with small, Im an old asshole and Ive seen what 20 years can do to a well done piece,

take care of your ink and dont try to squeeze 10 pounds of sh*t in a 5 pound bag and you will be better off, shame that it is, most people wont listen tot he professional
Old 02-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Field Marshal

i try to tell them, a small tattoo may satisfy you today, but chances are you will be coming back to add on to it when that satisfaction runs out, so why not just do it right from the start. BOLD WILL HOLD!! and if i feel it's a tattoo that may come back to haunt me later and be detrimental to my reputation, i refuse to do it. it's not being a jerk, it's being professional. like it was said in an earlier post, bad news spreads way faster than good news. i know a few guys who are constantly getting calls to touch up their work, i'm glad to say i've only got that call once this year and it was an obvious pick mark.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Field Marshal

won't do em if it won't work
Old 02-14-2008, 06:17 AM
the cap'm
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkmunky View Post
me too... when you walk into a shop and show them something and all you hear is ok let me get set up.... i'll walk out from now on...
but I get a lot of people who come in and pick decent flash. there's nothing wrong with that either...if it's what you like

now, something your "art friend" drew...f@#k that s&!t hahaha
Old 09-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Recruit

Man Its a pain focus in. I have done praying hands on someone wrist (inside) and threw a little detail in it Huh not much.. Two fingers can actually cover it up.. Body location is a ++plus++ being that it will grow with them and all.. You can get pretty small with a 1 liner but any nick bump on the wall of the tube can bend the tip if not noticed can f*#k some S**t up!! Those anyone use one liner needles out there??? How Do yah'll feel about it???
Old 09-17-2008, 06:03 PM
DiQuartel

OK, so about 10 years ago my Daddio and I went together for our first tattoos. He is relatively obsessed with the Florida Keys, and wanted them emblem for The Conch republic (below, he didnt get the words) on his arm, and they did it. They did it maybe an inch and a half across, black only. Of course we all know the way that ink spreads a bit as it ages. The whole thing an inch across means negative space stars like a quarter centimeter, tops. Needless to say, he now has an inch and a half solid black circle on his arm. So yes, I think it is perfectly OK to say no when the client wont listen. If the artist had informed him about WHY it needed to be bigger, he would have listened and gotten it bigger, or changed the design, whatever. Neither of us went back to that artist, and certainly never sent him any clients. The tattoo started to look s&!tty within 6 months.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkmunky View Post
you can cover a chestplate from nip to clavicle with your hand... that includes your fingers
not anjis hands! shes a midget - the measurement is based on her...

hahaha
Old 09-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

HA!!! this thread made me feel better. last week i had a customer come in wanting 5 horseshoes, 6 spurs, 2 feathers, her husbands first initial, her childrens full initials(2). they wanted this as a bracelet on her wrist and i s&!t you not, they actually told me " we want this to look like its real ". WTF??? oh i forgot to add, they wanted the initials put inside the feathers and shaded in so they would blend in with the rest of the shading in the feather.

her husband had a tattoo he had received about 4 years ago by an ex employee of ours, that had feathers in it and the childrens initials inside the feathers. this guy rolled up his sleeve and said" lookit thar ewe cant even see them initials in thar can ye?" to which i pointed them out(they were 4 shades darker than the rest not to mention bolder).

anyway these people wanted me to do the same in the feathers on her wrist. when i started to explain to them that it wasnt going to work and why, the husband puffs his chest out at me(which was hilarious in its own right) and tells me " If'n ewe caint do it, ewe aint no real arteest". so, he picked up his "drawing" and he and his sister(oops wife) walked out. at first i was a little bummed out because money just walked out the door, then i thought f@#k it, thats just one less s&!tty tattoo out there.

Tags
small