Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Thinning Inks

gotcha
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:02 AM
Corporal

yeah, sorry I should have specified, most pigments have glycerine and alcohol in them. I found that if I mix alcohol or water I get a washed out look, if I mix withan alcohol or witch hazel with a tiny bit of glycerine it will keep a solid color, but if you are not using pre dispersed like star brite, but like a waverly and you want it to be a little easier to use but not loose the giant punch in the face color, cut with what is suspending your pigment with a little more witch hazel and it shouldn't wash out, so like a drop of glycerine to two drops of witch hazel. recipes are a pain in the ass so it will take some fine tuning
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

this is going to sound bad, but, huck spaulding has a mix for pre-dispersed ink. the mix is glycerin and distilled water 50-50 mix. and it actually works f@#king well. but i like thicker inks, but when blending i will use a thinner ink to help cut the other down, like brown cut with a thin yellow.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 10-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Craig Harris
Corporal

Yes i tryed the same thing a few years ago but a 60-40 mix of witch hazel and distilled water and found it works great, i prefer thicker inks as well and do similar when blending.
But what works for me may not work for others, depends on your style and the ink that your used to.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Corporal

ahh good ole spuck.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:43 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

should be called f@#k spaulding i know there is a lot of old schoolers that swear by that s&!t. actually there needles are'nt to bad.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Corporal

where would any one be without their pumas, and voodoo, and millions of pages of flash that everyone in the world only chose from the same three pages.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:17 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

ever tried their ink? this old biker that tattoos in latrobe let me do a guest spot, all he uses is voodoo, and thats all he uses, s&!t fades to nothing.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Corporal

I'm convinced it is a mixture of water and food coloring. conspiricy, perhaps.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:30 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

i will be honest, their white kicks ass, all the other colors suck, but for some reason, the white is awesome. i used it until i got eternals white.millenium white sucks ass.and most of the colors that have a lot of white suck too.

Tags
inks, thinning