Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: so I need some interview questions! help a brotha out!

heres a bunch of crappy questions someone sent me for a new magazine featuring "DARK" tattoo art.

Do you sport any dark, twisted or creepy ink? Yes I have a lot of dead girls tattooed on me mostly by Joe Capobianco

Where and what got you started with being a artist on the human canvas? I did an apprenticeship 15 years ago, theres nothing I would rather do - tattooing saved my life

Why did you choose tattooing as an artistic outlet? because tattoos are where its at and the money is nice as welll - everyday is payday

What is it about dark tattoos that appeal to you most as an admirer or
viewer? Dark images evoke emotion or reaction, attract and demand attention and stand out as bold statements.

What do you remmeber most about the first tiem you placed the needle to the
skin? Being nervous VERY nervous.

What type of dark imagery do you enjoy inking most? I like realistic and bloody images that are colorful, bold and have a LOT of BLACK in them, the bloodier the better.

Have you ever regretted doing a particular piece on someone? there is no place in my life for regret of any kind... no. Sometimes i do think to myself Damn????? this guys insane though!

Why do you think dark and gothic, twisted or horror-type images are looked
down upon in the tattoo community or do you feel they are not looked down
upon at all? not a bit, in fact they are becoming mainstream these days!

To those who view ink as mutilation, what would you want to say to them? dont get tattooed, go back to the rock you must be liuving under.

What aspect of tattooing was hardest for you to grasp a or master when you
first started out? color blending and clean line work - I think all artists wrestle with those everyday.

Where do you think the dark/twisted tattoo fits into the history and culture
of tattooing? Tattooing has always been a seething underbelly , a hidden little world of art - and I feel like dark art is just a piece of that. as tattooing grows, so do all fascets and styles. The sky is the limit.

What darker designs do you feel are overdone and what sort of dark and
gothic designs do you feel are most neglected? I would like to do a lot more "mixed messages" kinda artworks, like dark and creepy meets happy and colorful - good vs evil - im into the struggle between the two.

If someone came to you with a concept or drawing for a totally twisted
insane piece of art for their skin, what would you advise them? to set up an appointment!

What was the most unusual or strange piece you've ever done for a client? super realistic nipples on ass cheeks which made the girls ass look like a huge set of tits.

What effect do you feel dark tatttoos have on the tattoo image amongst
society as a whole? none at all its art - art is subjective - dark art is just a part of a larger machine.

Do you have a favorite twisted/gothic/dark or sinister design or theme? I like murder scenes, bodies, severed heads, dead women.

What was the most grotesque or bizarre thing you've ever placed ona client? probably the "FED UP" piece which depicts a young girl splattered in blood and a poloroid collection of the bodies of the people she killed.

Where do you see he future of dark and twisted tattoos going in the inked
community? only growing like the rest of it. I think that our work as a studio has had a large influence on the constant imagery you see today.

Do you think geography has an effect on where we see mroe teisted body art? nope our clients fly in from everywhere and we shuttle them to and from the airport, hotel, and studio - for free - people come from all over to get bizarre and unique pieces of art.

Got any hardware you want to brag about? I have a really nice 5 pound hammer that albie rock gave me, its engraved with a quote from ted bundy "HIT THEM IN THE HEAD."
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Field Marshal

ill answer and catch up on your q's asap!!! thanks guys
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Field Marshal

heres some new ones from somewhere in mexico mixed with some previous articles???? whatcha thinnk about these???

-Who was BrandoN Bond before he was the tattoo artist?

I was a musician, I played guitar, keyboards, pianos, drums, bass, anything that made noise - tattooing was an easier way to make money so honestly it was my 2nd choice and I have always regretted that decision in a way.

-When and why you started as a tattooartist?

15 years ago, I was getting tattooed and I was drawing tattoos for my bandmembers and friends that were far superior to what I was actually getting on my body, so I said
"I can do that"!!!

- How would you define your style and what inspired you to develop it?

My style is tattooing I tattoo with and without lines - black and grey and in color, realistic and illustrated - to be honest I feel that the most important aspect of tattoing is versatility and a lot of artists these days LACK that skill - I refuse to be a one trick pony.

-The colors I see in your work are real bright, how do you manage it to obtain them? Blending! color blending is key and I cover that in my new DVD seminar where I teach every single aspect of what I do - its availible this july at www.strangleholdmerch.com

- What do you visualize before developing a tattoo? The flow on the body and the ability to determine what the image is from afar is key. I work with a body part and go crazy with it. - usually overflowing onto extra space for no reason other than blatent artistic domination of the area

-As a tattooartist, are there still things that you are interested in to learn or experiment?

every single day I push it and so does my staff - we experiment constantly - another thing that is covered in my DVD seminar is this discovery and process of evolution... without it there is no reason to tattoo anymore.

-One of the shop with a mayor recognition in the Sates is yours, when did you feel you were ready to open All or Nothing Tattoo and what was your motivation?

I knew I was ready when my art was ready - I wanted to be able to teach and instruct my artists, and I wanted to build the most sucessful studio in the history of tattooing... and it came like fire.

-When you started All or Nothing Tattoo it was just you and a couple of other artists, today you have 11 tattooartists and a piercer, why you think all this grew so fast? actually we have a staff of over 70 people including webguys, graphics guys etc... it grew as fast as it did because we are a family and we take care of eachother and we are sucessful and that only attracts more sucessful people and more awesome people - my crew is my life and I love every single f@#king one of them.

-All the artists in your shop have a particular style and an excellent quality, how did you manage to form this team and how you find the balance among so many styles and personalities in one place?

They always come to me because we are known for doing great art and taking great care of our artists! - I have never solicited a single staff member - actually there is a waiting list.

-Then, a year ago you had the need to create A.N.T.I. Art Elite, why the urge to open another space?

I needed a private space to tatto and focus on art - buisness has consumed my life - taken completely over it - so I needed a place for my artists and I to strictly focus on artwork all day without interruption - and it is amazing!!!!! the work is better because of it not to mention the waterfalls, movie theaters, etched glass, and total freedom! no restrictions! no distractions!

-You are promoting some companies that sell tattoo equipment and aftercare products like Pulse and H2Ocean, is this part of the business man Bond or your experience have thought that these companies have some good stuff to offer? I would never endorse a product that is not awesome! we are pproached by companies daily and I am only sponsored by 5 companies - therefore we are extremely selective - only the best - todo o nada style ya know!

-Another of your great passions are guns, why?

I have only one hobby and that is that I love to shoot guns, my friends, my wife, my father, everyone close to me also loves to shoot guns, its just a way to spend yime with friends and enjoy a day off that is all - I think its often misunderstood by a lot of people, guns are extremely important to prtecting those close to you and your investments YES, but really its just a lot of fun... If you havent tried it YOU SHOULD!!!!

-If you could make a wish today, what would it be?

To stop working right now - Im dying - to produce this many projects and books and studios and movies and artworks is killing me. I dont even need the money anymore but I cant seem to find the motherf@#king OFF switch! I want a f@#king day off!!!!! in fact I want to be entirely done, Ive been saving money - Im almost there!

-To conclude, something else you would like to share?

shop on www.strangleholdmerch.com!!!!!!!!

"See You In Hell: Volume 1" Produced By Stranglehold Publications, Full Lock Media, and Eulogy Recordings.

Crave magazine recently received the phenomenal new documentary entitled "See You In Hell", and we were absolutely blown away by the film. This is nothing like what we saw in the barrage of "shock" style previews. We highly recommend that you pick up a copy of this project.

A blistering personal journey into the explosive career, and hilarious lifestyle of one of the worlds most notorious tattoo artists and his clan of award winning co-workers. "See You In Hell" is a 2 hour window into a secret reality, that is absolutely NOTHING like any project produced about the cultural phenomenon and widespread success of the tattoo industry.

This documentary is a comprehensive, in your face, look into the creation of the worlds most published and award winning tattoo studio, "All or Nothing Tattoo" in Atlanta, GA, and the empire of art and workaholism surrounding Brandon Bond (voted tattoo artist if the year 2005, and 2006). The film, starring Bond and his huge family of gifted artists and lunatics, takes the viewer on a fast paced whirlwind, 17 city tour of tattoo conventions across America focusing on the artists that set the standard for excess and artwork at every turn, and then back home to a thriving leviathan of success and chaos. The directing constantly bombards the senses with random and awe inspiring situations, emotions, and incredible tattoo artistry.

"See You In Hell" is a one of a kind project that stands on its own as a force to be reckoned with. Random acts of wanton debauchery, tear gas, pit bulls, hilarious parties, firearms, tattoo art creation, slews of clients flying in from foreign countries, fireworks, and piles of money everywhere, COLLIDE with touching scenes of gratitude, love, and motivation as Brandon Bond guides his army into unprecedented levels of artistic success and personal growth. Never giving in, never accepting discouragement or failure, and living for the moment with those closest to you are reoccurring themes throughout the film giving a warm, compassionate and positively uplifting feel to the feature.

The entire film is set to a thunderous and official soundtrack from Eulogy Recordings (also entitled "See You In Hell'). The actual soundtrack will be released July 4, 2007 worldwide. The bands featured are some of the most widely sought after and nationally headlining Hard-Core bands in the industry. This is a film that should definitely be viewed at high volume, as scores of bands from the Eulogy Library crush through almost every scene adding to the overall intensity of the "All Or Nothing" lifestyle. When asked about the musical selection Brandon Bond stated: "Its my favorite record label, all my favorite bands are on that label, and the owner is a good friend of mine, so the decision to use ONLY their music was an easy one. The CD coming out is going to be amazing."

"See You In Hell" also forces its way into the opulent and hidden studio called A.N.T.I. Art Elite, which is a never before seen, lush tattoo studio that hosts 2 movie theaters, several koi fish and turtle ponds, waterfalls, and luxury dripping in lavish architecture and sophistication. Despite owning multiple tattoo studios, this is the only one that Brandon Bond actually tattoos in for obvious reasons. Huge artworks are created right in front of the camera, and then are followed to tattoo conventions where they consistently win every award for every artistic category they are entered into.

Brandon Bond is both hated and loved by swarming masses of tattoo enthusiasts and artists all over the world. He is an artist who found success on his own terms and in his own way, without compromising who he is and without being arrogant or lazy in any way. Surprisingly, Bond is not pompous or elitist at all, even in light of his overwhelming accomplishments, he maintains his sharp wit and biting sense of humor throughout. Brandon is surprisingly humble and extremely likeable contrary to his unfounded reputation of arrogance, indifference, and greed. He is confident, loving, giving, and only "slightly cocky" as described in the film by his own apprentice (John Lloyd): "He's like Mohammad Ali in the way that he talks a lot of sh*t but can totally back it up".

The Film also focuses consistently on the importance of "family"; as Bond's staff of over 50 people is described as "equal extensions of the same force". The loyalty and compassion that the family shares for each other is spellbinding. Brandon is incredibly motivating, protective, loyal, loving, and patient with his crew of co-workers and friends; forming an unstoppable force of self perpetuating success.

Surprisingly, the film is interrupted with a barrage of extremely provocative and personal footage of Brandon's home life, his mother, his wife, his dogs, his travels, and a real shootout with the Atlanta S.W.A.T. police force. Much of this footage seems to have been filmed by Brandon himslef with a home movie camera. There are tear gassed soaked scenes of gun play, live hostage situations, and hilarious shots of police K9 training for Bond's family of rescued pit-bulls; all overlapping scenes of his book release party and a television show flying him to LA, interrupting a slew of touring tattoo conventions and compulsive workaholism. There is so much happening all the time with these artists that you will be exhausted when you finally reach the end.

The supporting characters in the film, his eclectic staff members, clients, and friends are featured throughout. His artists and clients are shown with splashes of featured articles and portfolio pictures of their artworks and accomplishments. These outlandish and mildly insane "motley crew" give the film a continuous surge of fresh faces and captivating surprises. This is not a film about tattooing, nor is it a film about Brandon Bond. This feature is a project that focuses on the "family" of All or Nothing, and finally gives outsiders a real "reality" based viewing experience into "real life" tattooers having a "real life". This is not scripted, predictable, or boring in any way. Since receiving the DVD, I have already watched it 3 times.

If you are expecting "Miami Ink", or "Inked" from recent TV shows, you are not going to enjoy this movie. It is raw, uncensored, belligerent, and intense. However if you have any interest in just about anything pertaining to art, success, tattoos, money, firearms, law enforcement, friendship, humor, or personal motivation, this is a film you NEED to see. Brandon Bond will remind you of everything you haven't gotten done and after you stop resenting him for it, you will immediately begin to work harder at whatever you do.
This is an incredible movie, 5 stars all the way, and www.strangleholdmerch.com tells us that Volume 2, the sequel, will be available before Christmas 07! A two- disk DVD set and a two-disk CD soundtrack from Eulogy Recordings not for the kiddies stockings (unless you have REALLY grown up kids).

The film is set for mainstream distribution this summer, but www.strangleholdmerch.com is offering limited edition copies of it for only 20$ online NOW!

for more info check out www.strangleholdmerch.com

Not only is All or Nothing the name of his studio in Smyrna , Georgia , a suburb of Atlanta , it’s also the way he sees his life and his art.

“Everything in my life is based around tattooing and I love it,” says Brandon , 32, “All tattoo artists should be that way; we look like tattoo artists, we act like tattoo artists, we breathe like tattoo artists, and that’s who we are.”

There’s no use wasting words noting Bond’s achievements. Google “Brandon Bond Tattoo” and you’ll 217,000 results �" everything from interviews to merchandise to tattoo pictures to listings of his umpteen awards. I’ve got Brandon on the phone on a Sunday morning. I tell him I’ve got to keep the article to 1000 words; I mean, I’m mot writing a book. He says that’s cool, he’s already got that format covered with Whore, his insane outburst of photos, drawing, and verbiage he’s described as “extremely personal, powerful, motivating, artistic, and f**ked up…and uncomfortable window into an extremely disturbing and blunt reality.”

Brandon opened All or Nothing Tattoo in 2004. At first it was Brandon on his lonesome. It wasn’t long before Dave Tedder (“an all-around bad muther f**ker”), now shop manager, and tattooer Albie Rock made their appearance. “That’s when everything started to explode into something greater that I could’ve ever anticipated,” Brandon says.

The simple townsfolk of Smyrna weren’t quite ready for Brandon and his gang. There’d never been a tattoo shop in town, but Brandon was determined to make this his home. “It was an insane pain in the ass. They were rebuilding the city and making it all yuppified. I had to show them we weren’t trying to build some f**khead biker drug shop and that we were just good artists.”

Where some businesses sponsor little league baseball teams to show goodwill in the community, All or Nothing supports the city’s police SWAT team. “We pay for their outfits and they let us be the bad guys during their training exercises,” Brandon says. “One time there were snipers on the roof and they ended up tear gassing us and breaching the house, killing us. I shot five of them before we went down. It was awesome.”

Having an art gallery in the shop also helped spin peoples preconceived negative notions about tattooing. “The mayor even came to our first gallery reception. Now it’s cool and the community has accepted us really well.”

All or Nothing Tattoo has become one of the busiest studios in the state, if not the country. They were recently named Best Tattoo Parlor and Best Piercing Studio in Atlanta . Brandon was even honored as Best Friend of the Arts and Tedder was picked as Best Emerging Visual Artist.

“The crew that’s involved is amazing, ”Brandon says of All or Nothings family of artists, including Sean Herman, Joe Waulken, Josh Woods, Tim Orth, Tim McGrath, Chris Vennekamp, Matt Dunlap, John Lloyd, Jeff Paetzold, Bryan Reynolds, and piercer Max Brand. “They all have such diverse styles, yet they all work together on every image and bust each others balls and make each piece different.”

Brandon has feigned retirement a number of times, but he’ll be the first to admit he’s busier than he’s ever been. His bold style he describes as “realism with illustrative execution techniques. Images that have life, color, vibrancy, and intensity…images that jump off the skin and b*tch slap you.”

“More than anything, I’m influenced by my staff. We’re constantly inundated by our own stuff and that makes us grow and develop our own unique niche.”

If you want to know Brandon and the crew’ bag of tricks, you can by their new instructional DVD. Currently there’re all about H2Ocean aftercare products and they predominately run Pulse Tattoo Machines. One of the most asked questions is which brand of ink they prefer. To that Brandon says,”If there was a magic type of ink, then everyone would buy it and their s&!t would look the same. If I had to tattoo with just on set of inks from some random company, I’m sure the tattoos would still look good, but they wouldn’t be near as intense or bright or crazy.”

When the master self-promoter/entrepreneur isn’t busy developing videos, signing limited edition flash sets, or selling his wares through StrangleholdMerch.com, he can be found at A.N.T.I. Art Elite Galleries, his own private tattoo sanctuary.

“It’s everything I could ever want in a tattoo studio with absolutely no distractions or interruptions. There’s no telephone, no walk-ins, no sign,” Brandon says of the 6,000-square-foot space that houses two movie screens, two koi fish ponds, two galleries, wireless video games in every room, a luxurious Jacuzzi, and a bathroom worth $40K with decorative, hand-laid, Brazilian flooring and sandblasted and etched glass.

A.N.T.I. Art Elite is for serious clients willing to throw down a couple of grand on a session. To Brandon ’s thinking, that’s a deal, not only for the experience and the serenity, but also for the chance to be worked on by some of the best in the business.

“I didn’t want to open another public studio. Quality tends to suffer when you own more than one public studio. We had all this money and I figured we should spend it on what made us that money, and make an environment for our artists and clients. Because there are no distractions, the work reveals that focus.”

“The sky’s the limit and there’s nothing that can’t be done,” Says Brandon , adding that the ultimate goal is to share the love. “I want to be able to give something back because tattooing has given so much to me.”

We recently received the two new books released by STRANGLEHOLD PUBLICATIONS ( www.strangleholdmerch.com ) which were both created by the crew of ALL or NOTHING TATTOOS in Atlanta, and were absolutely blown away. We get "tattoo books" regularly and have never seen anything like what we found in that press package. These books are insane in every since of the word.

The first of the two books is "WHORE" Created by Brandon Bond who probably needs no introduction if you are involved in tattooing any any form. The book itself is incredibly impressive, heavy, and thick. The 170 pages are relief printed using etched metal plates and printed on an extremely high quality slick gloss paper. We are familiar with Brandon, (we featured a photo of him on our cover of the Volume 6 November 2005 issue) and expected this book to probably have a lot of offensive and lewd material and some great drawings, but what we found inside was something completely different in every way The book overflows with art, layered upon art, layered upon BRUTAL motivational honesty and drive. We did locate some of that nudity, shock type, chaos that we expected, and definitely recommend this book for viewers 21 and up ONLY. Surprisingly, the volatile content is an extremely minimal aspect of an elaborate and well put together work of art.

Every single page of this book is exploding with a meld of photos, personal stories, inner thoughts, tragedies, triumphs, pain and joy. Any page in the book I randomly select reveals something new to me upon each view. I find small subliminal photos layered with hidden text and writings. Drawings melting into backgrounds of broken memories and emotion. It is a book I read cover to cover in one long sitting, and then looked back through repeatedly every day since.

The artwork is incredible, the photos take you into an inner circle of family, love, and shock, but it is the writings that constantly burn through the reader and bring consistent revelations while beating you with motivation. The stories and secrets he reveals about his life, career, success, financial explosions, art, loves, chemical habits, sex life, family, and past amaze me. I have never read anything like this. It is obvious that Brandon Bond is a true artist. This piece of work is incredibly uplifting and touching. He has created something more powerful than any other tattoo publication that goes FAR beyond tattooing and allows you a window into an extremely brutal and uncomfortable reality, while constantly reinforcing hope, and perseverance.

The second Book is entitled "Burning Bridges and Breaking Hearts" is a sketchbook that also caught us off guard. Most sketchbooks are one style throughout, displaying an artists talents and creativity in ONE medium and line weight. This sketchbook is a collection of the ENTIRE STAFF of ALL OR NOTHING TATTOO, which is one of the nations most sought after and award winning studios located in North West Atlanta. Every piece included is extremely different and every piece is at a different stage of completion. It is almost an instructional guide on how these guys create art. Some are actual stencils taken from photos and portraits that can be cross referenced with thewww.allornothingtattoo.com website. Some are sketches that show you the creation and evolution of an image that you have already probably seen the finished product in dozens of tattoo magazines. These guys are some of the best tattooers around and this book is a highlight reel of all their favorite pieces.

This sketchbook represents 14 different published artists who have 14 different styles of tattooing. Guest artists from three countries are included along with the full time staff members of this ever impressive collective studio created by Brandon Bond. This book is on sale for only 20$ with the purchase of "WHORE" which is priced at 50$. This is a collection you can not miss, these guys have outdone themselves again. I got the opportunity to ask Brandon himself a few questions on the phone after reading his book, here's the conversation.

(DS) I just read WHORE and I gotta tell you it wasn't what we expected at all was that your intention?

(BB) In a way yeah, I think a lot of people formed opinion about us from all those articles and the photos and the guns and the hats and the "private gallery" on my old website and all, and anyone that knows me knows that was all about making loot, we wanted to make something that was "real" something hard to read from an emotional perspective, and honest. I think the book is cool, we worked for over two years on it every day while building the new studio ( www.antiartelite.com ) it has been a rough ride for sure. I wanted to reveal a little more of how I feel about tattooing, retirement, money, love, abortion, sex, what the f*** ever ya know? I get a different reaction from everyone I talk to about it, but no one has EVER told me "that was boring", or" I got what I figured Id get outta that". I felt we had to take it to a new level.

(DS) You mentioned retiring and without ruining anything from your book, what can you tell me about that?

Well, people work to make money, so I worked hard... real f*****g hard, for a really long time. 7 days a week 14 hour days for over a decade, people don't even believe that, hell I don't even believe that, but we got a LOT done in a short period of time and I think no one can argue that. The money was good, and so was the ride. I made a lot of good investments and built a studio that produces a generous amount of revenue. I no longer HAVE to work so I'm slowing down. It hasn't worked yet, cause working is all I know. I still work 7 days a week on something, I still run three businesses, I have a staff of over 20 people, and I still tattoo every week, so its not like I'm fishing or sleeping in past 9 am yet... but I'm working towards that. There is a secret message written backwards at the bottom or every page in "WHORE" that explains it all in a pretty upsetting and rude kinda way. The text starts at the last page and ends on the first one, its pretty unique.

As far as tattooing goes I am no longer tattooing at conventions because I want my guys to get some spotlight, I love them and they are family to me. Also I personally have never liked tattooing at conventions and guest spots anyways, I prefer working in solitude without a million retards asking me a million stupid questions and telling me they met me 8 years ago or something. I will still be AT the conventions supporting my guys and teaching seminars, while partying it up. Guest spots are not something I'm interested in anymore either. Packing all that equipment and moving around and flying and getting cabs and all that f*** IT! Its not fun, and its not cost effective so why do it, if I want to fly somewhere, its not going to be to do work, I never flew anywhere without my equipment until I went to Hawaii THIS YEAR, and it was awesome. To not have to check all my gear and wake up to go to some strange shop and listen to a bunch of people I will never see again??? not fun at all, but to fly somewhere and actually enjoy the food, and do dumb s**t like snorkeling or cliff diving, now that's f*****g awesome. I still tattoo because I love tattooing but I never planned on doing that forever, in fact I did it all saying to myself, "this is not forever, if you kill yourself now working, you wont have to later" and I hired a great financial advisor... my father. So now when I tattoo its because I want to tattoo, not because I need the money or whatever. I think the current pieces I'm doing reflect that different motive now.

(DS) Your book really isn't about tattooing at all, its more of a"LIFE" book about so many different aspects of your experiences, what would you say are some of the underlying themes throughout?

(BB) Never let anyone tell you that you don't deserve the things you want. Don't let anything hold you back from achieving your goals, and if someone opposes you don't ever lay down. Use that resentment, jealousy, anger, fear to surpass your enemies, and enjoy life more than them. Love those closest to you as hard as you can, and above all else, live your life for yourself first because you only get one shot and time is running the f*** out for everyone as soon as they are born.

(DS) Thanks Brandon, I know how busy you are and I appreciate your time.

(BB) f*** that man I appreciate you reading my book and enjoying it, the write up you do will be celebrated over here with wild abandon. Next time you're in Atlanta let us know, we will take care of everything!

That was a great (short) interview with the man himself, if you would like to get a hold of the new books, or any of the cast and crew at Atlanta's All or Nothing Army check out these great websites.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Private

those questions are stupid. magazine people seem to be little bus types huh?

"once you go black you never go back" now pass me the lubricant.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Field Marshal

yeah well you guys asked some great ones that WILL be used in upcoming stuff!

got any more questions?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

Question: What do you visualize before developing a tattoo?
Answer: "The flow on the body and the ability to determine what the image is from afar is key"

Brandon, this is an amazing answer.....these are the kind of answers that will always set you apart from other artists. Really nice to hear this. I can't wait til this laser removal is taken care of. More and more i can't wait to come to AON.

Christopher McCandless
Old 07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Field Marshal

this is from another set of questions:
That's funny. I was going to ask you about how you manage your schedule.

I dont do it very well, I never see my wife, I rarely eat or sleep.

Your marketing machine is really impressive, probably the most ambitious I've seen. How much of it do you manage directly and how much do you delegate?
I manage it all directly believe it or not.

I've also noticed that you tend to do more to promote the artists that work for you than most folks. How much of that do you leave up them and how much of it is part of the over all promotional set up for the business?

I stay on everybody all the time to constantly push foreward. I spend 100s of hours working with each artist and their sites and thier ads and thier galleries and get thier stuff uploaded for them all over and make sure they are sending art to magazines because I want them to be sucessful and happy and awesome

How do you motivate them to put themselves out there?

I lead by example - I dont ask them to do anything that I myself am not already doing times 100

My schedule is f*cked as it is. When I see someone like you generating so much energy towards their business and personal career I wonder how in the hell they can manage it.

Im barely pulling it off and Im exhasuted and almost dead. for real - careful what you wish for !
Old 07-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Smooth Operator
Field Marshal

Thanks for asking my questions, pal
Old 07-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Smooth Operator
Field Marshal

I have a question for you..

Im sure this was asked, but I dont care, i want to ask myself..

What artists work do you really dig, some well known, some not, whatever.. ones that DO NOT work at all or nothing?

who do you want to come guest spot at your shop? has anyone ever turned down an invitation to come to the shop?

dooo tell!

ps
iloveyou
Old 07-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Field Marshal

heres some questions I have to answer for some retard magazine who refuses to take the ones we already did??? retards...

EI: How long have you been doing tattoos for and what inspired you to become a professional tattoo artist?

EI: How does it make you feel when you see your work, creativity on someone else’s body?

EI: What sacrifices have you made on a personal level to get where you are today?

EI: Would you say it’s been a tough road ahead?

EI: When it comes to having tattoos on your body, how picky are you, and do you have someone who you always go to?

EI: What is it about body art that makes it all so fascinating for you?

EI: From your most recent DVD, you’ve also won many awards and trophies for your work, how has this affected your creativity for future jobs?

EI: Do you feel nervous during competitions and how do you prepare for such tense moments?

EI: As can be witnessed on your recent DVD production, you also like to go shooting, off roading and save stray pitbulls, so does all of this keep you sane from the everyday ups and downs of life?

EI: What does your wife think of your crazy interests and your work as a tattoo artist?

EI: How important is it for you to turn All Or Nothing Tattoo into a worldwide recognizable tattoo studio?

EI: Would you say you’re content with everything at this point in your life?

Tags
brotha, interview, questions