Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 03-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Recruit

Default Cover Tattoos????

Hi, I'm doing a debate project for my literature class and our discussion is should tattoos be covered up while working? My partner and I are writing for the against side and we were wondering what your thoughts were on this subject?

Thanks so much!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Private

Default Re: Cover Tattoos????

Against covering up?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Recruit

Yes.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Field Marshal

truthfully i think that it doesnt matter. i work in the automotive business and generaly customers first look at my tattoos (im sleeved and chest pannel and back of my neck and scattered on my legs), they first look at them and are all "oh my god thats so beautiful" or "those colors are so bright" or "let me see whats on your chest" or they ask for the meanings behind them and why do i have them.... for me personally it is an ice breaker, i can give them alittle about myself and seem like i am their friend or i am telling them truthfully about my past and they build trust in me(not that i lie to my customers)... but it establishes a personal connection to me, the guy fixing their car... i work for GM and have a prominent position at my dealership. i deal with customers on a regular basis. i do tend to be remembered more by customers due to my livley skin. i honestly dont think that it really is looked at as "bad" anymore or that only bikers adn outlaws have tattoos. thanks mostly to better trained artists, better health practices in shops, better artistic influence on placment, color, and content. i have a mermaid on one arm with her boobs on my elbow... i wanted nipples, but my artist, Brandon Bond, talked me into sea shells to cover up the nipples like pastys.... and i am glad i got sea shells...... nipples would not have been a good idea. in general i think tattoos should NOT be forcably covered at work... they are a part of the person working with you, for you, aginst you, on your team.... it would be like making the people who wear glasses wear blindfolds....
Old 03-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Recruit

This is certainly a case by case scenario. As Snatch previously mentioned, in the automotive industry it is generally accepted.

In contrast, I work for a telecommunications company in a regional operations role, which quite frequently puts me in front of a lot of C-level executives (CEO, CFO, CIO, COO, etc). In this scenario, the company expects and demands that tattoos be covered. I happen to agree with this since I am representing the company's image... and they sign my paycheck.

Like I said, it's a case by case discussion. BTW, a lot of those C-level executives have ink of their own, but they keep it covered as well.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Field Marshal

i totally agree.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:08 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I'll have to come back to this tomorrow. I kept trying to answer, but work would not slow down so I could.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:49 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I work in IT as the Team Lead/Liaison between our company and many of the law firms that we support. The dress code at work is very relaxed, so the need to cover tattoos isn't there. But we have meetings with our clients both here and at their locations quite often, and I have never been asked to cover my ink. In fact, it is often encouraged that I show it and the owner of the company I work for has brought up my ink to clients so that we could talk about it. Great conversation starter, and we have yet to receive a negative reaction for it. Many times they start pulling up pant legs and shirt sleeves to show off their own work.

There are still many industries that like to have their employees cover up their tattoos at work in the off chance that someone will be offended by it or think negatively of the person with the tattoos. I honestly believe this has more to do with bad tattoos than tattoos in general, simply because someone with a sleeve of great ink carries themselves in a completely different manner than someone with a ton of cheap ink they got from a friend in their kitchen. They seem more creative, intelligent, and well-rounded to me and those I've had this same conversation with.

Tags
cover, tattoos