Thread: Obama and Vick?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 08:13 PM
Private

Default Re: Obama and Vick?

LOL Sorry... I'm a bit passionate about these criminals in DC. ALL of them. Not just one party.

I apologize if I came off harsh. This past year really set me off. Here's the short story. Myself and four other guys started a company 2.5 years ago, as of three weeks ago; we're up to 56 employees. We offer outstanding benefits, and a very flexible work environment.

Over this past year, our costs are going to go up DRASTICALLY. And they are a DIRECT result of the "cost of government". Simply complying with government regulations, and various "compliance" standards (HIPPA, SOX, etc) will cost us over $1 million. Just to comply with government regulation.

Then there is the personal aspect of it. The cost of providing healthcare insurance, because of the "healthcare reform" BS, is going to sky rocket to the point that we will either, A: not hire anymore people, B: Cut benefits, and C: start firing people. We may have to do C regardless because of the costs associated with complying with the healthcare laws that are pending. It could get to the point where it would be cheaper for us as a company, to NOT offer benefits, and pay the federal fines for not offering benefits!

Pissed off doesn't cover it brother. Our company supports a lot of family's. And to be placed in a position to mess with good people's lives, because of bureaucrats just makes my stomach turn.

And in the end, it will hurt our business because we may not be able to have enough people on board, to handle the increasing demand for our services (data centers).

I spend a lot of time in and out of DC. The Federal side of our business is my focus, and the crap that I see is abhorrent. Politicians are simply clueless on how an economy functions, let alone basic business principles. Layering rules and regulations upon businesses, just to make it appear as though they're doing something is very expensive.

Oh... and the statement about tax breaks for small businesses... A lie. Straight up lie. A business has to jumps through so many regulatory hoops to get a very minor tax break, that it becomes unaffordable to chase the tax break.

One more... Sorry...
Increasing taxes on those with an income over $250k... Very stupid idea. Over 90% of the businesses in the US are small businesses. A very large majority of small business owners file personally, showing their business revenue as income. Meaning, a small business that makes over $250k a year, filed personally by the owner, becomes subject to increased taxation. Guess what that is going to cause? Small business owners to fire employee's, slow down their businesses (which will hurt the economy), or close up shop all together.

Okay... I'mma gonna shut up now. Before I really get going...

Again, sorry if I came off the wrong way guys. This topic just gets me so damn heated. We just had our company Christmas party, and so many spouses of our employees came up to us and thanked us for holding it together in this economy. The thought of pulling that rug out from under them keeps me awake at night.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote