All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   what inks are best? (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291)

chrizzle 03-13-2006 06:46 PM

what inks are best?

I have used MOM ink from technical tattoo, starbrite, and intenze. Was just wondering what others thought about these inks, or any other inks that you would recommend. Also, I've seen guys do black and grey by mixing black with white instead of water. What do you think, and does anyone have any experience with the white? Thanks

davetedder 03-15-2006 02:27 PM

opaque whites are just a different way of going about it sometimes. alot of times i'll throw opaque whites in a color piece if it calls for grey in the central image.

mrdeadlifter 03-15-2006 08:14 PM

by opaque do you mean the way you lay it in or are there some whites that really are better than the tinty starbrite?

timmy 03-16-2006 08:13 AM

inks

There are a few other post on this if you read the older ones,lots of good info.

seanherman 03-22-2006 12:12 AM

I use waverly, but I'm also expanding my palette. I've been trying some intense, starbrite, and unique. I think alot of ink prefences comes down to the style that you tattoo.

Shin Smack 03-24-2006 01:14 AM

I've been using Eternal and love the results. They go in easy and heal up awesome. I know some guys that use derma-glo and they say good things about them.

Rockstar Tattoo 03-24-2006 07:45 PM

I've been using Eternal for quite a while, and have noticed that they tend to lose their richness and intensity after a short amount of time. I've been tattooed with Dermaglo, and it healed faster than anything I've seen, and they are pretty damn bright. I just got a sample set of Dermaglo, so I'll be trying those out on a few select people.

seanherman 03-25-2006 10:40 AM

thanks for the info. about Eternal. I'm definitely gonna be order some dermaglo on this go around to try 'em out. I hear good things

Rockstar Tattoo 03-25-2006 01:30 PM

I just did my first test piece with Dermaglo, last night. It went into the skin with no effort at all, using a seven mag, and a Pandora. Very solid on one pass, and looked pretty bright, with smooth blends. Now its a waiting game to see how it heals.

mrdeadlifter 03-25-2006 05:25 PM

i too have recently ordered some eternal and some dermaglo. the dermalglo is available just down the road from me in the north of england and the sample packs are very reasonably priced thirty quids.. ive also ordered a sample pack of eternal which was 126 quid. a lot more moola. i hear dermaglo is the way forward.

starbrite red has led to a really unwholesome situation for me. see hyperspace.

Los 03-25-2006 05:43 PM

National is in me and has worked well...

but with all these suppliers these days I'm curious

anyone use Micky Sharpz color???

starbrite has worked great for me for brighter funky new s&!te!

Shin Smack 03-26-2006 12:46 AM

I'm been very happy with the healed results from Eternal. Honestly to the point that I'll see customers walk into the shop a few months after tattooing them and from a distance I'm like "Damn, that s&!ts bright and solid"

They've got a ton of great greens, purples. blues. The Dark Red is slamming. I just did a halfsleeve Oni mask with it and it look nuts! the pinks, wild orchid (one of the purples) nuclear green etc....

What works well for me may not for you and vice versa, but if you're looking to try some new inks, they're definitely worth trying.

seanherman 03-26-2006 08:09 PM

I think i'm gonna try some eternal's out soon. I'm gonna put an order in this week for 'em.
I've really heard alot of good about 'em.

Bryan66 04-05-2006 09:17 AM

My first Post here...
Anyways, I have recently switched from Starbrite to Fantasia. After Starbrite got into all that trouble by sending contaminated ink to England...I think it was, I went to Fantasia. I really like their colors and the viscosity consistancy of them. Eikon sells both Dermaglo and Fantasia which they picked up after they stoped with Starbrite. Not putting Starbrite down for those that like to use it...I used it for years.

**Bryan**

seanherman 04-05-2006 10:10 AM

I'm gonna order some of that dermaglo. Everyone has been raving about it, figoure I'll try it out.

Los 04-06-2006 03:56 PM

Where do yall test your s&!t?

I generally test it on my own leg....this way Ilive with the bad results

am I unproffessional for doing this???

I just don't want my clientes being pissed or hurt...

ya know?

Rockstar Tattoo 04-06-2006 04:39 PM

I have the healed results of the test pieces using Dermaglo colors. All pieces healed very quickly, and brighter than any other brand I've used. So far I am very impressed with the ease in which they go in, healing time, and intensity of the healed tattoo. I'll be doing a few more test pieces, before making a final decision.

seanherman 04-07-2006 10:12 AM

Awesome, thanks for the info.
Those pigments sound dope.

bigsteve 05-05-2006 11:50 AM

dermaglo are the dogs

seanherman 05-05-2006 03:08 PM

yea, i've heard alot of people rave about 'em.
but i'm just not sure.

BRANDON BOND 05-05-2006 04:26 PM

I love the use of my photo with the mace and the poontang!

thats awesome - her name was sarah

WAVERLY is what we use

seanherman 05-05-2006 04:34 PM

Waverly is doooooooooooooooooope!
ps...waverly has some dope shirts to.

bigsteve 05-06-2006 02:15 AM

just got some chris cougar colour (uk) really bright.

Anthony the canuck 05-08-2006 10:10 AM

ive been using and still use all the above pigments, testing the waters, and its totally up to how you run your machines/needles half the time....different pigments have different viscosities therefore need to be put into the skin at different speeds, but if you are using cutting whites etc... you can get the desired melted ice cream like ink with any brand.....i dont think one company makes all the best colors, keep trying it all.... every company will have 2 or 3 colors from each set that you will love best always they do that on purpose for sure....lol
But since you asked; troy glen are the best pigments around ive ever used but good luck trying to get 'em shipped from austrialia... i'll always have more than one companies pigment on my pallette, i recommend the same for limitless possiblilites.....just my opinion

tatmandood 06-28-2009 12:51 PM

Re: what inks are best?

i use fantasia, but lately it's changed, the viscosity of the ink is really thin and it seems to fall on it's ass pretty quickly, and i shake the s&!t out of my bottles..i've been thinking of trying out prima, or eternal, but now i'm hearing about dermaglo...so i'm at a loss..anyway, triple black, who's is the better black? eternal or national? i never can find everything i like from one supplier, if their inks are good their needles suck and vice versa...

FATSOS 06-30-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony the canuck (Post 2054)
ive been using and still use all the above pigments, testing the waters, and its totally up to how you run your machines/needles half the time....different pigments have different viscosities therefore need to be put into the skin at different speeds, but if you are using cutting whites etc... you can get the desired melted ice cream like ink with any brand.....i dont think one company makes all the best colors, keep trying it all.... every company will have 2 or 3 colors from each set that you will love best always they do that on purpose for sure....lol
But since you asked; troy glen are the best pigments around ive ever used but good luck trying to get 'em shipped from austrialia... i'll always have more than one companies pigment on my pallette, i recommend the same for limitless possiblilites.....just my opinion

Yeah I agree totally. For example, I still use Starbrite canary yellow and white. I use Talens and Pelikan blacks, Dermaglo green, I mix my own red and orange from Spaulding pigment powder (which -- if ANYONE know where to get some, please let me know!! I can't get it from them anymore!) Fantasia blue, pink and magenta.

How about you guys? What are the ones you always keep out on your station? I'm especially interested to hear about reds because I'm down to my last package of the stuff I love and I don't know if I can get more. So far, Fantasia is the closest I've found. Believe it or not, I really liked the Intenze Bright red, but most of my clients had a hard time healing from it. Wierd, huh? So I stopped using it.

Jayrahn 07-01-2009 06:10 PM

I ordered Prima white and im also going to try out a white from "EO One"- Anyone heard of it and is this a Non Predispersed? I want to try something other than Predispersed for a change. Know any decent inks to try?

travelingtom 07-01-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayrahn (Post 44444)
I ordered Prima white and im also going to try out a white from "EO One"- Anyone heard of it and is this a Non Predispersed? I want to try something other than Predispersed for a change. Know any decent inks to try?

EO ONE, is'nt that from unimax? never heard anybody that used it. non predispersed means that the particles are bigger, which means it will be a bit harder to get in the skin. i think intenze, and stable are non. stable is some of the thickest s&!t i've ever seen. but when it goes in, it stays, and heals f@#king bright. some colors from intenze rock, others not so much. reds suck for sure.

jess the dude 07-01-2009 08:58 PM

i know easy glow is made from large flake powder, and is from what i have heard kinda thin. i havnt tried it but i would like to.

jess the dude 07-01-2009 09:01 PM

i really like the shades of some alla prima colors, but am worried about ordering them cause i heard they are super thin.

SugarT 07-02-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess (Post 44447)
i really like the shades of some alla prima colors, but am worried about ordering them cause i heard they are super thin.

Im using the Prima Black, the white, the zombie set, the realistic blood and the fleshtones{the latter only a lil bit}, and yes, they are thin, BUT they cover really well.

Depends on how or what your using to put them in, as always, curved mags dont cut it, i use the flat mags to get it in, with a lil longer stroke on my machine at a lower power....im diggin them, big time though, the fleshtones, i think i may have gotten a wierd bottle, the mid tone is separating from the reddish tint and the separation is blue, kinda wierd...

Other than that one gripe, they are fairly kick ass, im gonna order the full 25 color set soonly.

travelingtom 07-02-2009 09:30 AM

i dont like thin inks, i like a little thick like waverly and eternal which is'nt that thick, but still thicker than like starbrite.

jnoxzemia 10-02-2009 03:00 PM

anybody heard of Fusion Ink or use it before?

Frostbitetattoo 10-02-2009 03:30 PM

I`ve never heard of fusion ink before.

JohnnyTeabags 10-05-2009 01:13 AM

Mike Cole is Bringing me some Fusion inks in 15 days, once I get some tattoos done with them, I'll Let you know. What I've heard about them is they're being made by the guys who originally developed Eternal inks, which until recently I swore by.

SJRabbit 10-05-2009 04:22 AM

why untill recently cause they started showing up on scratcher supply sites hahahaha

travelingtom 10-05-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJRabbit (Post 48161)
why untill recently cause they started showing up on scratcher supply sites hahahaha

no, i think its because they changed the formula. i have noticed lately that its a lot harder to get good saturation. as soon as my hand heals, and i can do some work, i am switching to waverly, and trying some classic and maybe some dermaglo.

JohnnyTeabags 10-05-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelingtom (Post 48171)
no, i think its because they changed the formula. i have noticed lately that its a lot harder to get good saturation. as soon as my hand heals, and i can do some work, i am switching to waverly, and trying some classic and maybe some dermaglo.

That's exactly it, I've still got about 12 bottles left of the original formula, and once those are gone, I'm buying something new.

SJRabbit 10-05-2009 02:08 PM

Damn it i wish i would have known that i just bought a 4oz. bottle of lining black and triple black 2 days ago and they are already on there way

Royuno 10-05-2009 11:27 PM

Formula changes = fail. Well, at least in this case.