Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Tattoo Artist Sued??

thats one f@#ked up story!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Corporal

yup
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:31 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
haha!! I once knew an artist that couldn't spell to save his life. Once he tattooed "only glad can judge me". On another occasion he had done this big ass graffiti piece of a guys last name on his back. I forget the name, but it was something with 6 or 7 letters. I mean big. Not quite shoulder to shoulder, but not far from it either. So, anyhow, he finishes the tattoo, and just around that time another guy comes in and sees the piece. Digs the f@#k out of it. He says" I want that on my back". Mark's dumb ass (the artist), not thinking that this new guys wants his own last name on his back, stencils out the same piece, and goes to town. The customer doesn't even notice that it's not his name. Probably about 2 hours into the piece, the guys friend stops by the shop to visit, notices the problem, and all hell breaks loose. It was my day off work, thank god. I got to work the next day and couldn't help but fall out laughing my ass off. So this became a stigma that Mark couldn't get away from. He left the shop shortly after for obvious reasons, but one day a few months later I ran into his wife in wal-mart. She goes on about how their little boy is getting bigger and yada yada. So, according to her, they were sitting around the house when a hooked on phonics commercial comes on tv, and she mentions that they should get it ( for the kid), apparently this motherf@#ker flips out because he thought she was talking about him. HAHAHAHA!!!!! last I heard of him he was in Mississippi somewhere smoking crack and tattooing out of his house to feed the habit. Some people just suck at life.
wow...probably better off for the kid in the long run!

Christopher McCandless
Old 01-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
haha!! I once knew an artist that couldn't spell to save his life. Once he tattooed "only glad can judge me". On another occasion he had done this big ass graffiti piece of a guys last name on his back. I forget the name, but it was something with 6 or 7 letters. I mean big. Not quite shoulder to shoulder, but not far from it either. So, anyhow, he finishes the tattoo, and just around that time another guy comes in and sees the piece. Digs the f@#k out of it. He says" I want that on my back". Mark's dumb ass (the artist), not thinking that this new guys wants his own last name on his back, stencils out the same piece, and goes to town. The customer doesn't even notice that it's not his name. Probably about 2 hours into the piece, the guys friend stops by the shop to visit, notices the problem, and all hell breaks loose. It was my day off work, thank god. I got to work the next day and couldn't help but fall out laughing my ass off. So this became a stigma that Mark couldn't get away from. He left the shop shortly after for obvious reasons, but one day a few months later I ran into his wife in wal-mart. She goes on about how their little boy is getting bigger and yada yada. So, according to her, they were sitting around the house when a hooked on phonics commercial comes on tv, and she mentions that they should get it ( for the kid), apparently this motherf@#ker flips out because he thought she was talking about him. HAHAHAHA!!!!! last I heard of him he was in Mississippi somewhere smoking crack and tattooing out of his house to feed the habit. Some people just suck at life.
Some people should just simply self-abort.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Private

When I had the script tattoo done on my chest, I had to sign a disclaimer saying that the wording and spelling was correct. So if it was wrong, I only had myself to blame for not researching it properly.
"Don't ever let them see you coming. That's the gaffe my friend. You gotta keep yourself small. Innocuous. Be the little guy. You know, the nerd... the leper... s&!t-kickin' surfer. Look at me. Underestimated from day one. You'd never think I was a master of the universe, now would ya?"
Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 AM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

Why don't people just make disclaimer paperwork for all aspects of their life. Wouldn't that keep the responsibility always on the other person and never on self. I mean, if people want something bad enough they will sign anything!

Christopher McCandless
Old 01-12-2009, 12:20 PM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

i just hate that humanity keeps proving me wrong for hoping that people are smart enough to check what is going to be tattooed on themselvs when the stencil is on.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Field Marshal

we have a disclaimer for just about everything the client could want to complain about. they have to initial like 20 lines or some s&!t.

a guy around my way got sued for a misspell, i think for $3500 and with all the stink it made in the paper a dermatologist new to laser removal removed it for free, but scarred the hell out of him, one good screw deserves another, hahaha.
after it happened we couldn't break his balls enough, i'd call him up and ask how much it would cost to misspell my name and he'd get all pissed and hang up. but all the shops around here had this great prank phone call game for a long time. there wasn't a pizza shop in a ten mile radius who'd deliver a pizza to any shop with all the fake orders. we'd actually have to pay with a credit card in advance if we really wanted a pie. hahaha.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

HA! a friend and I actually got one pizza place to deliver to another pizza place once.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Recruit

I had a client misspell his own daughter's name once. Granted, it was one of those nonsensical "homemade" names, but he wrote it out for me. After he got home and showed his wife he called me, cussing and ranting about it. Luckily the piece of paper he wrote it on was still around. I repeated his spelling back to him and asked if he wanted a copy of it for his wife. He didn't.

Tags
artist, sued, tattoo