Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 10-22-2009, 05:49 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control
Default Re: Tattooing Newbies ETHICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Emeks View Post
Hello i have a kit and the auto clave and every thing. so i have been working on my legs and it looks pritty sweet but the thing is i have noticed that on the linning or some of my work as it heals its not as strong in colour as some of the other lines..

so i am working with the needles at about 16th of an inch is this right ? please any tipswould be awsome i am an artist and its time to put my work on myself forever so im not newto art and tattooing feels so right in my hand and i cant seem to get help from the local tattooist because i have now been band when i asked for help so forums are all i have really
OMG HE MUST HAVE READ MY POST ON HOW BOARD I WAS CAUSE I HAVEN'T CHASED A KITCHEN HACK AWAY IN AWHILE.......KEEP ALL YOUR STUPID IDEAS TO YOUR STUPID LEGS!!!!Now I will talk Scratcher talk for you!!!!! YO BOUGHT EVERYTHING HUH THEN YOU WASTED ABOUT ...................10,000 DOLLARS OH WAIT YO DIDN'T INVEST IN GOOD STUFF! WORD UP! OH YEAH SCREAM INK DAT's DA STUFF RIGHT THERE, OH YOUR SO DA s&!t EBAY CHINA OH WOW YOU GOT 4 "GUNZ" 4 25$ THATS A DEAL..IGOTS 2 get me some of that s&!t..........GO DIE AND SUCK ON KAT VON D'S TIT CAUSE WE KNOW ALL YOU SCRATCHERS IDOLIZE HER P.S Bleach Dosen't kill every thing and thank god for those shops in your town!!!!!!!!!MY f@#kING HEROS.......

Last edited by SJRabbit; 10-22-2009 at 05:52 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:06 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Tattooing Newbies ETHICS?????

Now me being nice You didn't show your that bad off from your post like most we get on here you may have an alright Additude and may know how t draw but i will give you the same advice i got when i was in your shoes and it works I WAS A SCRATCHER TOO and I bought a Kit @ 16 and Tryed for 5 years and pumped out so much crap im still fixing s&!t i did back in the day....

1. STOP the less you do without a mentor the better
2. Research for a Shop
3. GET Tattooed at the Shop
4. Come back for a healed picture
5. Hang out 50% of the time were not doing s&!t anyway so hang out! see if you even like these guys or gals
6. Bring in an Extra Monster or something coffee anything
7. Show Intrest in art, Trade Ideas, Show your Drawings Ask for advice

Repeat Steps 3-7 Untill They Ask you if you woud like to learn!!

Talk ART, Study Art the more knowledge the better
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Corporal

this is why i thank god that the japanese guys here took me in, before i started down that path. i cant believe with all of the information available people are still trying to tattoo on their own. all i got out of online research was this is some scary s&!t that can get me in deep trouble faster than i can get out.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
Im no ones parent, other than my own children. at 18 someone has the right to die for their country, vote, and of course, tattoo their neck face and hands. i second the "told ya once" rule. I give them a whole spiel about how it could potentially close doors for them in life. But, what do I know. are they a trustfund baby? a life long electrical worker? whatever the case. I will tell ya once, after that, its my job to put on the best tattoo i can. people told me, i didnt listen, and i would have gone elsewhere to get them.
im not the judge and jury on what someone can and cant get. i understand the implications, and can explain those to the best of my ability, but this isnt 1950, and fortunately, although still exisiting, the implications aren't as severe as they once were.
bravo, well put. couldnt have said it better myself
Old 10-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Angel of Death
Corporal

I do not tattoo BUT I did bring this subject up a while back and it seemed at that point it was about 50/50 between the artists that feel like what Conor & Jersey Jay have said (will do because it's their job to tattoo people who want to get tattooed) and the other side that seems to hold on to what I was always told were the more traditional values of tattooing (not tattooing hands & necks until someone was fairly covered or in an established career)

I have been tattooed now for 27 years and i guess up until about 10 years ago i really didn't know anyone that would tattoo your hands or neck unless you had "earned" the right to wear those tattoos. that's how it was put to me!

I respect all of your opinions here as i know it is your craft and how you support your families but I do know that since my hubby has had the top of his hand done, I have noticed how he is treated differently by some people.

It is a huge step to take and i don't think someone that is 18 years old really understands that ramifications of this step.

On the other side of that arguement....the more peopel that have them the more desensitized the general public will become to visible tattoos.

I always thought it was just the wrong thing to have done because i was told it was a respect to the craft thing not to have done!

I do know that if I (personally) had my neck tattooed any farther around that I do now OR the tops of my hands done....I would probably not have a job and it would be hard for me to find one in my industry!

I guess i just wish people would think much harder on decisions like this!

I like the "told you once" rule!
At least they were told.....after that they have to lay in the bed they have made for themselves if they go any farther!

Just my 2-cents!
Tattooed Sweethearts
Old 10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

i had a kid (maybe 20) come in the other day looking to get his knuckles done. he already had some s&!tty spade and club on the webbing on his hands. i told him it was $150 (knucks are a flat rate)...he then told me that the s&!tty shop up the block said that they would do it for $70!!!! WHAT THE f@#k!!! YOU SHOULD NOT BE BARGAIN HUNTING FOR TATTOOS ON YER HANDS!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Field Marshal

f@#k him then when he comes in to get it fixed tell him it will be 450$ for not listening to you If he asks you why the jump in price tell him PINA Tax "Pain in the Ass Tax" went up! hahahahahahahahaha
Old 10-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Field Marshal

its all about educating people on good tattooing, considering anymore, tattooers ethics are out the window. people undercutting, tattoing whatever, and poorly. at this point enforcing a code of ethics amongst tattooers from the "me" generation, is tough and we all know "joe blow will do it cheaper, on the neck"... then its another ugly tattoo on another cretin. its a thin and hard line to draw and i do take each client case by case. but for those that dont listen, atleast they are leaving with quality work, as a testament to thier usualy bodies filled with scratcher dogs&!t.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Field Marshal

why do we call them knuckle tattoos when they are really on the fingers, not the knuckles?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Field Marshal

we had this scrathcer chick coming in here for a while to get tattooed to try and learn more than her s&!tty tattoo school taught her. so i jumped at the opprotunity to tattoo her neck, since she couldn't watch that one. hahaha. she was arrested for tattooing a minor in an unlicensed shop in her house., i'd call that a small win for our area. then she got banned from the shop

Tags
ethics, newbies, tattooing