Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 03-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Black inks

I got a bunch of different blacks. Dynamic, Eternal Triple blacks, Kuro Sumi, and some Millenium. I really like the Eternals, just got em in last week. Real solid. I use Kuros for all lining and shading. Thinner consistency lets me work faster. Dynamic has a really dope black. It's a thin ink, but it works great all around. Lines quick like Kuros, but fills solid like Eternals. As for the Milleniums, to hell with that nonsense. They sent me some samples to try out and that stuff looks like pen ink and goes in worse. I've heard some people swear by it, but I also know people who like techno!!! To each his own, I guess.

On another note, anyone try filling solid fields with Kuro Sumi inks??? For some reason, them s&!ts don't like to go in solid for me. Anyone else have this problem??
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

Yes, I couldn't get kuro sumi to do fill for s&!t, that's why I switched.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenthale View Post
Yes, I couldn't get kuro sumi to do fill for s&!t, that's why I switched.

Yup. I picked up the Eternals from viewing alot of bright ass NO REGRETS tattoos. Now I can't put any of them s&!ts down!!!! Gonna be headed to Little Rock soon to check out the convention, they got a booth up there. I aim to buy up a bunch more of them s&!ts!!! I think Jessie's got some time booked with Ben up there, too. You headed out there, Brent???
Old 03-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

Nah, I'm gonna man the fort. It should be a good time though, we got Billy Chester guest spotting for a few days after the convention.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:39 AM
Corporal

I used Eternals and Kuro sumi but I stopped as both gave blow outs and I was forced to go back over them again with my Tony Bennetts black! Now it's Tony's black for me all the way!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraevil6666 View Post
I used Eternals and Kuro sumi but I stopped as both gave blow outs and I was forced to go back over them again with my Tony Bennetts black! Now it's Tony's black for me all the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenthale View Post
Nah, I'm gonna man the fort. It should be a good time though, we got Billy Chester guest spotting for a few days after the convention.
No doubts, Brent. That guys got some ill work. Gonna have to come by there and meet em.

Where do we find this TONY BENNETT Black at????
Old 03-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Field Marshal

i've never had a problem with kuro sumi blowing out or filling in properly... i use it for everything black and gray
Old 03-08-2008, 10:31 PM
General JackHammer
Corporal

Werd!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Private

talons is what i was taught with but have never had a problem with bluing or puttin it in . but now im hooked on the one its like crack can't keep enough bottles. i just keep ordering it. i have 6 unopened bottles and just ordered 5 more lol love that ish
Old 03-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Recruit

I like Talens for all black and grey with a lot of washes. I currently use "One" from Kingpin for EVERYTHING. I also like Eternal as well National's Triple Black and Alla Prima's black is even more pigmented though I've only used it a small bit.

Rev. Chad Wells
http://www.wellstattoo.com
http://www.internationaltattooart.com/itablog

Tags
black, inks