Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Default Re: Some kinda law or something???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
THANX.......Alot of your post is very true and I see what your saying but the majority of it just has me laughing bro seriously...LMAO!!!...Oh, and its true that talent doesn't equal knowledge, but I'd rather obtain any knowledge about art from an artist and a good one.....THANX and you guys take care...
Even if that great artist is a horrible teacher? You can watch him and learn, but when you're on a message board where all you have are his words, expecting him to be a great teacher is a little presumptuous.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Platoon Sargent

Most artists are horrible teachers anyway.......have know choice but sit there and watch
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Most artists are horrible teachers anyway.......have know choice but sit there and watch
That is definitely the best way to learn, but we're talking about this message board where you can't do that. Here the words are all that one can really get to teach them (unless they watch the Tattoo Chasity videos to learn what not to do).
Old 02-08-2012, 09:29 PM
ink bender
Private

Quote:
so are you justifying, that some artist are submitting pretty weak tattoos, that they aren't scratchers because they are submitting for critiques??.......There are some great pieces in there but there are a couple pieces in there that make me wonder bro....seriously getting critiqued or not the work is weak, and they are the same artists posting comments and they have knowledge of the art, you can feel the wisdom,....
its not for you to say who is and isnt a scratcher... im sure your first few tattoos were not masterpieces does that mean you were a scratcher? fact is event laws wont stop a scratcher s&!t tattooing was outlawed in ny for years but that doesnt mean people didnt get tattooed Unless the us makes tattooing a trade where you have to get a degree to prove your worth like every other job there is no way to regulate it.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Recruit

I live out in the SF bay area.. I havent been able to score an apprenticeship at any of the local shops in my tri-city area, and at this rate I wouldn't want to either after dealing with those pretentious self inflated/over rated assholes.. ive been tattooing for about 2yrs now and I wouldnt go as far to stay im a kitchen cultivator, but I do tat from my house. I'm in no way great at tattooing. But my lines are straight and I don't hamburger up motherf@#kers! and to top it off... i absolutely love what I do, my cheapest machine is a $300 national, and I wish I could be in a shop right now.. s&!ts starting to piss me off, I hate working out of my house. Ive watched the whole enchilada, matt devries dvd, nikko's dvd, plus many many others, and I can't express enough how valuable that information was, worth every penny!! But I do agree that scratchers are becoming an epidemic.. I have clients coming to me complaining about the horrible tattoo they got from some dude in a basement or something.. the industry is a victim of its own success
Old 02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink By Rich View Post
I live out in the SF bay area.. I havent been able to score an apprenticeship at any of the local shops in my tri-city area, and at this rate I wouldn't want to either after dealing with those pretentious self inflated/over rated assholes.. ive been tattooing for about 2yrs now and I wouldnt go as far to stay im a kitchen cultivator, but I do tat from my house. I'm in no way great at tattooing. But my lines are straight and I don't hamburger up motherf@#kers! and to top it off... i absolutely love what I do, my cheapest machine is a $300 national, and I wish I could be in a shop right now.. s&!ts starting to piss me off, I hate working out of my house. Ive watched the whole enchilada, matt devries dvd, nikko's dvd, plus many many others, and I can't express enough how valuable that information was, worth every penny!! But I do agree that scratchers are becoming an epidemic.. I have clients coming to me complaining about the horrible tattoo they got from some dude in a basement or something.. the industry is a victim of its own success
There is a sticky thread on how to get an apprenticeship. Your portfolio should be drawing, no tattoos you've done. You keep hounding until you get it. Prove you really want it.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufferkiller View Post
There is a sticky thread on how to get an apprenticeship. Your portfolio should be drawing, no tattoos you've done. You keep hounding until you get it. Prove you really want it.
hey thats actually what I thought was odd.. I originally was bringing in my folder of drawings, about 100+ of my finest, and they were more interested in seeing my tattoo pictures. I havent given up hope, right now I'm aiming to move to a bigger city and start looking for apprentice positions there.. my little neck of the woods is already a sinking ship
Old 02-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink By Rich View Post
hey thats actually what I thought was odd.. I originally was bringing in my folder of drawings, about 100+ of my finest, and they were more interested in seeing my tattoo pictures. I havent given up hope, right now I'm aiming to move to a bigger city and start looking for apprentice positions there.. my little neck of the woods is already a sinking ship
if thats what they're asking to see, you're going to the wrong kind of shops
Old 02-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrayBono View Post
if thats what they're asking to see, you're going to the wrong kind of shops
right on thats what i figured..

Tags
kinda, law