Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Private

Exclamation Industry HACKS/SPY'S

Hey everyone,
Looking for some opinions on a situation.... I am currently doing an apprenticeship I have a year invested so far. Currently, I'm on the verge of doing small walkin's etc etc... This is by far the best thing I have ever done in my life, for myself. I have nothing but love/respect for the industry and its future and entire art form. This s&!t isn't a joke.. even if IT LOOKS EASY to people due to media Desensitizing which some people actually believe everything they see on tv. WHich leads me to my point....
Just recently there has been a female person hanging around people at the shop i'm at. Buddying up flirting with everyone and listening, watching, getting tattooed attempting to ask indirect questions to get questions answered to further her knowledge. It came to my attention that this person (bought an EBAY SCRATCHER KIT) has watched youtube video's etc etc....... Basically just picked up disposable stuff threw it in the machine and became a "kitchen cowboy". Just started hacking people up!
Up until last week.. she was hovering more and more to the point where is was way obvious to clients of ours.
I got to the point were I wanted to throw her out. I was in a conversation about a technique/approach with my boss. This person chimes in and refers to her experience! AND WAS LISTENING THE WHOLE TIME
It makes me insane that someone can ease drop and cherry pick knowledge that I bust my ass for. I'm scrubbing grips/tubes, vacuming crevices answering phones, trying to learn, drawing and handling client appointments all while this person neanders up to the shop and becomes an input sponge! I made alot of sacrifices to get into this as a career and someone to do that f'n blows...
Needless to say the nicest person also friend of this person of the shop volunteered to spoon feed her to not be such an imposition and watch her ass....because if the others did it, it wouldn't go over well.

Has anyone ever dealt with this?

Is this covered in any sections of the DVD's HAHA
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:23 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: Industry HACKS/SPY'S

why is this b1tc4 around, i mean is she super f@#king hot, sounds to me like she should have been thrown out long ago.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Private

She is alright to look at but I didn't know who she was is or who she is "friends" with or not friends with. Then she crossed a line eventually. Its one thing to hang out and ride the vibe of the shop.. alot of people do it, its great place to be! but when your:

THIS JUST gave me my next drawing idea
Old 10-08-2008, 12:14 PM
LBT

get used to it now to save yourself from way too much frustration.....there are a ton of scratchers like this and there always will be, I would never talk tech in the shop with any customers though
Old 10-08-2008, 12:15 PM
LBT

oh and one other thing....these people will never be worthy competition so dont worry about that either!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Private

Very good point! especially when tattoo's end up looking like unfinished coloring books that were wrinkled up. O yah, also with scar tissue!
Old 10-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Field Marshal

we deal with it everyday.

punch her in the cooter.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Private

Yah,,, A nice FOOTBALL PUNT right in tha cooter! Like the women in the CONGO that end up with guns shoved so far in them, they actually dedicated an entire hospital to them because they end up pissin out of there asses after.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Private

i look at it this way... and it may save you some frustration.

while growing up, some of us had to bust ass on chores and odd jobs to save up a few bucks for a comic book or whatever... and there were always a few kids that their parents just gave to them whatever they wanted.

so you worked all week for a comic book that your buddy just got for nothing. now go look in your closet now... some of us still have that comic book.

the ones who work hard for what they have tend to to respect and care for more than those who just "acquire" things.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Corporal

Yeah, kick her in the taco Paco.

Tags
hacks or spy, industry