Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Private

Default where's the best place to open a new shop?

not already oversaturated, decent year found economy ect... I have the chance to help open a shop and my area is dying and too many shops to even think about another one... my invester guy is going to do it with or without me.. could be my way out of town, is it a hopeless dream everywhere or just where I'm at now?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:05 AM
Private

Default Re: where's the best place to open a new shop?

If you are in a place where you don't have a solid clientele who make it happen for you, how would you be able to move someplace else where you don't know anyone and make a living?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Private

i have a decent clientele who travels far and wide to keep me pretty busy most of the time and there are a few walk-ins a day as well.. im sure i would do very well for MYSELF the next town over but i have alot of respect for my current boss and coworkers and would not feel good about taking away from them. this isnt just about more money for me, its mostly that i hate living here (dreary depressing, hard winters, high unemployment rate ect) and a friend with alot of money is going to open up a shop either-way.. i could always just move down south and get hired at another respectable shop but with this seems like a much better opportunity that might not come along very often..
Old 05-27-2011, 11:40 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

the economy is s&!tty all over the country, i would be careful leaving your bread and butter for something that is unknown, and if its just a town over i dont see how thats going to help with hard winters and bad unemployment rates. if your buddy is going to open a shop anyway, just tell him you want to see what kind of business it brings before you make a move.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 05-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Private

I'm thinking I should just travel around working and see how I feel about it then...
Old 06-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErniE View Post
I'm thinking I should just travel around working and see how I feel about it then...
dude if ur a good solid artist and have a clietele base, then ur customers are going to follow you. i moved from md (right outside of wash dc) where i had a great clientele over 8 hours away where i knew 1 person. not only did i build a new clientele but had others come from myold place to get ink also. it is all about ur art and how u treat customers. u will never know until u do it. u can also always come back and do guest spots when u feel like it. if it was me and i had the chance, i would go for it..you will never know until u try.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Recruit

don't open near me... other than that, work your ass off..

Tags
open, place, shop