Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 10-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Private

Default My testimonial

I figured I would give people who have never been to AON my account of the staff, and shop as well....bored, can't sleep....

First, I was going to get my very first tattoo (my fathers dog tag on my ribs) as psycho, I had only really heard of the shop, and it was closest to my house. I go to psycho and give them my idea (SUPER SIMPLE) and the guy is all about how much it is going to cost me......I keep telling im "I don't care, I just want it to look right". The dude then goes on to tell me I need to give him a WEEK to draw it up, make an appointment, AND give a $50 deposit (non-refundable). I wait a week then go in to the shop at 12pm (my appointment time) and the guy is not there.....I wait an hour and a half and he fianally shows up, but now he needs to eat.... I wait another 45 min and he talls me "I've had a ruff week and I haven't had time to draw up your tattoo, so I'm going to need you to come back........I as lost......so angry....and DONE with his shop. I left and let them KEEP my $50, then did the smart thing and researched places around Atlanta.

From the minute I called AON I knew they were different. I remember talking to Michael aka "Genghis AON" and the dude was so cool. I asked if you guys could do it and I remember he just said "bring it on".....that sh*t is cool to me, it made me feel like you guys wanted to do it. About a week later I came in (without an appointment) and was set-up with Bird. Bird is one cool ass dude people, he went back drew up the outline and in no time (under an hour) I was getting inked (remember psycho wanted a WEEK to draw it out). I was nervous as all hell and that sh*t HURT, but Bird was all the while cool and calm...made me relaxed.

From right then I knew this was the place for me. For my next tattoo (about 3 months later) I made an appointment (with Bird again) and sent him some ideas of a lion I wanted on my whole arm. I got there at 12....and was in the chair around 1. Needless to say, it came out 100 times better than I thought it would and people ask me at least everyday "is that real? it looks like it's painted on you". Amazing tattoo Bird, I really can't thank you enough.

Besides the GREAT tattoos, EVERYONE at the shop is cool as hell. From Matt giving my NFL updates ALL day long and taking fantasy with me, to Di just being cool talking with me (telling me my ribs are going to kill...HAHAHA thanks..) To Candy (sorry that is the only name I could find you as....sexy picture by the way) Talking about music and showing me crazy bucket head clips on his computer....

This shop is amazing, and I really enjoy going there everytime. I'm sure I will be back to see Bird again soon enough, but everyone should run shops the way you do, and seriously people.....if you going to get work done...do it here.

I owe you all a beer!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:27 PM
DiQuartel

Default Re: My testimonial

Wow, I am glad to hear you had such a good time. No beer needed though, we treat all of our clients this way. (Did I just turn down beer? wtf?)

When are you coming back for you next piece, and what are you planning on getting?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Private

wow, the experience at the first place blows ass!

you can never ever go wrong @ AON..they are the best..their family! Happy to hear you've found them!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Private

Not sure what I will be getting next exactly....I'm either thinking another half sleeve, or something on my back. It won't be until next year most likely, but I will come there FOR SURE!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:31 PM
I know Brandon Sucks IRL
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffatl View Post
To Candy (sorry that is the only name I could find you as....sexy picture by the way) Talking about music and showing me crazy bucket head clips on his computer....
Doesn't Mondo look like a 'Candy' though? Maybe they should spell it with an I to make it extra Mondolicious.

That's an awesome testimonial man! But then again, it's impossible not to have a great experience when you go to AoN for your ink needs.
Sucks that you lost out on that $50 bucks, but it's a small price to pay for not having that hose bag mar your body with a butchered memorial of your father!
Old 10-11-2008, 03:26 AM
Private

AGREED, the $50 I gave psycho ended up being the best thing for me! My "meat tags" came out great in the end, and I don't think I will be going anywhere else for any of my future projects.

I think Mondo could pass for a candy, in fact...I am pretty sure I will call him "candy" from now on!

Thanks again...to "Candy" and the rest of the staff!
Old 10-11-2008, 11:00 AM
DiQuartel

I hope he is still reading the boards here!

Tags
testimonial