Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 09-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Private

Default Was in the ghetto last night seeing a metal show and saw too many stray dogs

And I am really depressed now. Within the span of finding my parking space and walking two blocks to the Black Castle in Los Angeles, I saw three stray dogs. One of them was this pitbull that looked so f@#king sad. I am never going to forget this image for as long as I live. He was sitting on the sidewalk and staring at this group of kids playing about 20 feet away. He looked as though he had no hope left at all. His face....

When I lived in WA with my mother she had a huge fenced-in yard so I was always able to grab stray dogs whenever I saw them (I couldn't bring strange dogs into the house because I had three cats). But I can't do that where I live now. If I find the dog close to where I live (which is fairly nice) and it's blatantly running in traffic I'll take them to the shelter because when I find dogs here they're usually well taken care of and look as though maybe the owner accidently left the gate open or whatever. And that doesn't bother me because I figure since they're well taken care of, the owner will most likely search the local shelter and be reunited with them.

But seeing stray dogs in the ghetto is different. Especially pitbulls. I wish I could grab every single one that I see and take them home and take care of them but I can't. I don't have the means. And it drives me INSANE! Because 200 pitbulls die in LA shelters each day so I don't want to take a stray one there. I could rescue stray dogs up in WA and reunite them with their owners and I did and it was awesome but I don't have the means in CA. Plus, there isn't NEARLY the amount of stray dogs up in WA that there is here. Down here there is an abundance of negligent pet owners that I've never witnessed before moving down here.

I'm rambling. I'm sorry.

A big BOOOOOOOO to negligent pet owners.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:16 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Default Re: Was in the ghetto last night seeing a metal show and saw too many stray dogs

There are a lot of them here, too. Everyone and their mother is a backyard breeder, and it pisses me off. My brother even wants to breed his dog, and just will not listen to me when I explain why it's stupid. He just sees extra money. What makes it worse, is he is really one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet. He just sees a dog as a dog, and not a living being.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Was in the ghetto last night seeing a metal show and saw too many stray dogs

the other night i get a phone call from my wife crying about a stray dog in my neighborhood and that he sounds soooooo sad and he is missing his family... so i tell her to get the dog and put it in our garage and ill be home soon. well that was a week ago.... we have been putting up signs all along the waliking trail by my house, at the local gas stations, at target, publix, kroger, the hair and nail salons, the shelter, craigslist, facebook, myspace....... and no one has claimed him. he is definatley someones dog, hes well groomed, well behaved, trained, he can sit and stay,(my dogs cant) shake, roll over, chase the tennis ball......you name it he can about do it.....
so im glad my wife found him, but i wish his owner would come forwards and claim him... my dogs are cool with him living here, im cool with him living here, but the next dog my wife sees running thriough our neighbor hood, we sure cant keep..... i think a guy i work with is going to take him.... i wish we could save them all but it just seems like we cant.... no matter what we do, there will always be another and another..... it sucks... sorry im drunks slightly and rambling also.......
Old 09-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Field Marshal

helping those that cant help themselves is tireing..... but someone has to do it.... im glad you are hurt by that immage, because maybe you will go and volunteer at your local shelter, or bring the death row dogs some treats and spend some time with them.... something...... it sucks ass but its awesome at the smae time in a really f@#ked up way..... i think if everyone in the workd took in a stray dog the world would only have 1/2 as many stray dogs... and if we killed the people that are mean to animals and let their dogs out and didnt look for them the world would be a better place..... ok im leacving now....
Old 09-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Field Marshal

kettle one is awesome..... i love dogs....
Old 09-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

I think thats a great point Snatch.

It effects you. We only can hope it effects the next person. And they want to join in the fight to put rescues out of business, because all the animals have homes..

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 09-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Corporal

Arrow Re: Was in the ghetto last night seeing a metal show and saw too many stray dogs

I don't see strays much around my neighborhood, but I know that there are too many strays in the world & my hometown.
Snatch, you & your wife rock for helping the doggie out! Hopefully you will find the owner. Good Luck!!!

http://www.myspace.com/curedusk

Tags
dogs, ghetto, metal, night, show, stray