Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 10-05-2009, 04:07 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control
Default Re: Tattooing Newbies ETHICS?????

Invite the scratcher out for drinks then break his f@#king limbs off all 4 of them shoot him and trow him in the dumpster.......

But on a serious note your not the first i have heard about those damn hawks those f@#kers are wicked heavy hitting SOB's
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Field Marshal

Im no ones parent, other than my own children. at 18 someone has the right to die for their country, vote, and of course, tattoo their neck face and hands. i second the "told ya once" rule. I give them a whole spiel about how it could potentially close doors for them in life. But, what do I know. are they a trustfund baby? a life long electrical worker? whatever the case. I will tell ya once, after that, its my job to put on the best tattoo i can. people told me, i didnt listen, and i would have gone elsewhere to get them.
im not the judge and jury on what someone can and cant get. i understand the implications, and can explain those to the best of my ability, but this isnt 1950, and fortunately, although still exisiting, the implications aren't as severe as they once were.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
Im no ones parent, other than my own children. at 18 someone has the right to die for their country, vote, and of course, tattoo their neck face and hands. i second the "told ya once" rule. I give them a whole spiel about how it could potentially close doors for them in life. But, what do I know. are they a trustfund baby? a life long electrical worker? whatever the case. I will tell ya once, after that, its my job to put on the best tattoo i can. people told me, i didnt listen, and i would have gone elsewhere to get them.
im not the judge and jury on what someone can and cant get. i understand the implications, and can explain those to the best of my ability, but this isnt 1950, and fortunately, although still exisiting, the implications aren't as severe as they once were.
Hey thanks for your opinion conor, and who knows i might just change my ways but for now it's not a daily occurance but i ill take everything in concideration for next time.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJRabbit View Post
Hey thanks for your opinion conor, and who knows i might just change my ways but for now it's not a daily occurance but i ill take everything in concideration for next time.
my advice is, dont change your ways. thats what makes your ethics yours. you have to sleep at night with the things you've done...and really every case is just that a case by case scenario, but its a difference too, if someone wants a "name on da neck" and if they want a serious piece...if the latter they usually have enough tattoos...if its the former, it really is case by case.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Corporal

My former boss/mentor that I apprenticed under had and still has very strong ethics on the subject of tattooing necks and hands or girlfriends names etc. on younger or unheavily tattooed people. I always had the right to accept or decline a tattoo if I was personally against the subject matter or area of placement.
For me personally, "and this is just me", after wasting valuable work hours over and over trying to talk to people about what ideas are good and bad etc etc etc. and seeing them come back 2 weeks later with what they wanted in the first place, I decided f@#k that, If those people aren't going to listen in the first place and give their cash someone else, I want that someone to be ME!
In this fast food society that we live in honestly nobody gives a s&!t, they just want what they want and don't give a s&!t about anyone else. I have alot of friends that are artists' and opinions vary from person to person and that will never change, we all know that.
In my opinion(and this is just me, and everyone is different) I don't get up at 7am every morning and work until 9 o'clock everynight to care about the future of some dumb ass that wants a hatchet man on their neck and their future job and lifestyle etc, I want their money, because if I don't take it, there's 7 other shops in my town alone that that kid can drive over to and they will happily do it with no question.

That would be like declining a drug dealer a tattoo be cause his money wasn't made in an ethical manner, It all spends in my opinion... And Ramen Noodles suck when you have no other options!!

Sorry about the rant, I know every artist has a different opinion on this subject, just my 2 cents
Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Corporal

I also will stand for the "told you once" rule...then it's on...Yesterday I just had that talk with a younger client, then after the talk he said let's do it....and he got the tattoo from me instead of the many pieces of s&!t that crawl around my tiny town giving God knows what to their friends...that I would have to cover up anyway!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Field Marshal

our job is to tattoo people not talk them out of it. our job is NOT to teach life lessons. leave that to the parents and doctor phil. as far as me saying anything, i simply tell them, to be aware that people will judge you, if you are confident and smart, you will learn quickly how to deal with it. now as far as doing hands or necks on minors with parental consent, i say no - absolutely not. if you can vote or fight and die for your country at 18, then i can tattoo what ever you want where ever you want. just like a strip joint or cat house, tattooing is for adults.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Field Marshal

It's nice to hear everyone's thoughts on ths subject thanks guys
Old 10-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Zombie Hunter
Corporal

Maybe Read some of the other threads and realize that your scratcher ass won't get any help here. Get an Apprenticeship.

You can't just tattoo because you think it feels right. You have to Earn the right to tattoo. Of course noone at your local tattoo shops are helping you. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the fact that you just thought you could attempt tattooing without an apprenticeship first. tattooing isn't just Drawing on skin, it's so much more, and so much harder than that. Sorry buddy, but looks like you just f@#ked yourself out of persuing a career in tattooing in the town your in.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Craig Harris
Corporal

Yeah i hate to tell ya but johhny is right.

I`ve been on the aon forum for a while now and have seen so many people like yourself probing for information. But the truth is without an apprenticeship with a mentor to guide you how to tattoo as well as teach you about all the other technical sides of the industry you will fail!!!!!!!!!!

And if you look at the bad tattoo forum, you will see exactly whats in store for your future as a scratcher. You have to earn the right to be called a tattooist.
I`d recomemend moving to another city and get an apprenticeship if the artists in your town won`t take you in...........no money in kitchen wizardry.

If you think what i said is hard to swallow, just wait till everone else puts their 2 cents in. This industry will chew you up and spit you out if you don`t respect it.

Tags
ethics, newbies, tattooing