Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 01-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Private

Default b&g soft shader

have a nice liner and packer machine . the shop i work at just hired me on after a little over a years apprenticeship im looking to buy myself a really nice soft fast greywork and colorblending machine. i dont see these adversided often where ive looked though. its always just liner or shader(slow shaders) . what ive found so far is sobas b&g racehorse shader and seth ciferri also has a soft shader on his site. i was just looking for more options i havent run across many so far. im a professional pencil portrait artist and B&G work is my bread and butter so im ready to start my venture into those areas but feel im missing the proper tool to do it on the skin.i know u can tune and spring a machine to do this but i want a seperate machine just for this type of work. i was also thinking of a possible rotary for this type of stuff? dont know much about them except alot of my fav artists like dmitri samohin , maximo lutz, boris etc are using expensive rotarys.(cheyenne dragonfly etc)

what im really looking for is just some other options for a fast soft coil machine or rotary . the guys at my shop are very new school and really dont know s&!t about machine stuff. none of them have a soft shader machine. if i get a rotary i gotta get a new power supply my ems250 isnt suppose to work with them according to eikon
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Corporal

Default Re: b&g soft shader

if you want a rotary for b&g i'd recommend either a bishop or workhorse iron.

if you want a fast b&g coil shader than you'd might want to try out a cutback shader.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:00 AM
Corporal

You just need to learn about machines. So you gonna order a $300 soft shader and in 6 month you won't understand why it doesnt work anymore because the spring tension has changed or you contact screw is worn out ?

what do people learn in apprenticeships these days ???? Sorry to rant, but there is no point in asking us what kind of machine you need. Some people can tattoo good with a godamn wheel spoke and a safety pin, while others will always tattoo s&!tty even with the best gear available.

Spend 5 minutes on the machines you already own and tweak em and try to understand the effects of your tweaks. It ain't rocket science, just don't be lazy.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aivanne View Post
You just need to learn about machines. So you gonna order a $300 soft shader and in 6 month you won't understand why it doesnt work anymore because the spring tension has changed or you contact screw is worn out ?

what do people learn in apprenticeships these days ???? Sorry to rant, but there is no point in asking us what kind of machine you need. Some people can tattoo good with a godamn wheel spoke and a safety pin, while others will always tattoo s&!tty even with the best gear available.

Spend 5 minutes on the machines you already own and tweak em and try to understand the effects of your tweaks. It ain't rocket science, just don't be lazy.
lol, this is true.

its not the ink,or machines or the needles, its all the ARTIST.

i personally have worked with rookies who buy all the expensive s&!t, and thier work still sucked, i could do very good tattoos with 10 dollar ebay machines and they were tripped the f@#k out.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:26 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozer81 View Post
lol, this is true.

its not the ink,or machines or the needles, its all the ARTIST.

i personally have worked with rookies who buy all the expensive s&!t, and thier work still sucked, i could do very good tattoos with 10 dollar ebay machines and they were tripped the f@#k out.
honestly, thats only true to a certain extent. ive done descent tattoos with less than good equipment, but havi ng good s&!t keeps you from worrying about something breaking or going wrong and then you lose focus on your actual job. i still agree though just dont think going out and buying crap is the best way to learn. if you want to start off right, then buy descent tools!!! just my 2 cents

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 02-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Private

dude u misread my post plz dont rant on me just because im a newer tattoo artist. i didnt ask what machine to used i asked in reguard to BUILDERS. i know exactly what i need and i know its not widly offered and i was asking about other builder options then the ones i listed. i have a 70 hour work week here at the shop i work at and in the 2ish hours a day i have free time i oil paint and draw portraits for clients. i dont have time to tinker and build etc especially during tax season. i need my machine to get here ready to go for the application i need it for.
problems solved already i end up ordering a Neotat longstroke and i love it.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:39 AM
Corporal

you missed the point of mine. there are 3000 solid machine builders out there....some we know, some we don't. I love my Karl Marc machine as much as my Arron Cain one, and yet I haven't touched them in about a year because I bought a set of HM, and then I havent touched those in 6 months because I bought a set of WHI rotaries.

my point is, your tattooing will grow, evolve.....and in 3 months you might shade differently then you do now. If you dont wanna be constantly spending dough on new machines, learn about them. It's cheaper to buy a set of springs and a pair of coils than buying a new machine. I think....

Tags
bandg, shader, soft