Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Default Re: Some kinda law or something???

We all do, I just can't think of any on here that aren't trolls pretending to be scratchers.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Platoon Sargent

go check out the post your work thread and you be the judge bro......there's maybe 4 or 5 artists that do some damn good work, the others...........
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Field Marshal

The post your work thread is where artists post their work for others to critique and help them improve their art.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Platoon Sargent

so are you justifying, that some artist are submitting pretty weak tattoos, that they aren't scratchers because they are submitting for critiques??.......There are some great pieces in there but there are a couple pieces in there that make me wonder bro....seriously getting critiqued or not the work is weak, and they are the same artists posting comments and they have knowledge of the art, you can feel the wisdom,....
Old 03-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Field Marshal

What I am saying is that I will never discourage someone from trying to improve themselves. The posts in that thread that are by trolls pretending to be scratchers, tend to get ignored. The ones by real artists that are actually trying to better themselves, show improvement with each new piece. To try and discourage that improvement, is what is really weak.

I am not an artist at all, but I can still give advice from time to time on what I think would make a piece look better. How many MLB coaches can actually get out and do the things that they coach their players to do? How many of the batting coaches were the best batters in their day? You have to know the rules and tricks before you can apply them, and even then it takes a lot of practice to get them right.

Talking s&!t in an attempt to hold someone back, or have them quit something they love, is really f@#king lame. Especially when these people are busting their asses to do what you have only been talking about doing. You can't show that kind of disrespect and expect to make it as a tattoo artist. Even the worst legitimate artist can teach you something and help you get your foot in the door.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Platoon Sargent

Dude once again I dont respect scratchers...........Anybody can go on ebay and grab a machine, and start tattooing or "scratching", that whole concept kills me they're not busting their ass to do or learn anything about tattooing!!!......Thats what Im saying.....whether they post on this site or any other site for critiques or not they are abusing the craft, tattooing to me doesn't mean go out and just start tattooing people there's is a certain knowledge that has to be handed down from a more qualified and polished artist.........I don't respect the disrespect bro, I guess I embrace art in a different light since I consider myself to be an artist, and jumping into a craft that requires a certain learning pattern and you take it upon yourself to just buy inferior equipment and put people in dangerous areas to "experiment" on people aint my idea of respect to any kind of art to me, I understand that a great percentage, of tattooist that started tattooing started under the "scratcher" label..but for the most part these artists could draw and put together decent looking artwork already, and most of them converted over, by acquiring apprenticeships.....It seems we lost eachother in this post somewhere, thanx but no thanx to your opinion bro........I will continue to discourage someone that would give someone a piece of art as personal as a tattoo that cant create good looking artwork from a drawing or sketch....its just me, would you let someone run an experiment on your arm???....and this same artist can't put together a simple sketch.....get a life dude...SMH......and scratchers don't love this art bro..they have no respect for this craft at all.....its a quick way for them to make money and thats it, they don't care about layout or if the piece of art is symmetrical, of if the art as the right amount of contrast, and highlights....they just throw work "poor" work on people and pat themselves on the back because the person that received the work just happened to think that this particular artist is good......that's not tattooing to me dude, or being an artist for that matter, all mediums of visual arts stem from sketching and building on that sketch until it begins to take form, not jump out there and create on the fly...very very few artist can do that and the ones that can, are freakishly genius in art, when it comes to drawing/painting and creating.......and scratchers will post on sites because they feel there tattoos can compare to more accomplished artists work, they dont except critiques because they feel there great artists already.........Im not looking for the worst legitimate artist to get me in the door...........Im looking for my ambition and determination to get myself in the door, and would like to have the most accomplished artist show me the way of the machine...my beliefs on how to properly become a professional tattooist/ or the quality of work I think a artist should posecess prior to performing such a craft as tattooing my be jaded to you and thats fine your entitled to your own opinion, but there's a certain history that I want to be part of badly and I don't want to pick up a machine until I have permission to do so from a great professional tatooist .........and IMO if you did happen to obtain a traditional apprenticeship and have been tattooing in a professional environment for a couple years and your tattoos look wiggly and you can't quite make out the work, and still have small blowouts here and there and the tattoo still looks like absolute mud when your done..YOUR A SCRATCHER!!!!.....sorry its just me bro it will always be me......if a person can't create a piece of art and make it look half way decent with proper proportion and half way getting lighting and shadow correct I dont think that person should be tattooing no matter how much love he or she may have for the artform....I love art, drawing and painting and I love black and white photography and I tend to gravitate towards the artists that convey the best quality of that artform, and I find them as inspiration and goal markers for me to try and achieve.......your opinion on what would look good in a particular piece may or may not be seen in the eye of an accomplished artist or tattooist, this is why you may hear in tattoo studios artists say things like naw that's not gonna work or it won't fit with this design, I would go this direction, no matter how good you may think a certain design may look after your idea......glad you know what it takes to become a profesional tattooist..........I guess thats why your not a tattooist or an artist for that matter... LOL.....................Cheerz

Last edited by Frek; 03-09-2011 at 07:39 PM..
Old 03-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Platoon Sargent

My little brother has a little friend that, draws and he draws fairly well, would I advice him to test his talent and start tatooing people HELL NO!!!....... he loves art and loves tattooing and all, he's thinking about ordering some machine from China off of ebay, because the studios around his area won't let him start tattooing first for about 3 years to further develope his drawing hand......I DISCOURAGED HIM!!!!.....if its lame so be it...it takes a little more than love to be a tattooist in my book....

Last edited by Frek; 03-09-2011 at 08:06 PM..
Old 03-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
My little brother has a little friend that, draws and he draws fairly well, would I advice him to test his talent and start tatooing people HELL NO!!!....... he loves art and loves tattooing and all, he's thinking about ordering some machine from China off of ebay, because the studios around his area won't let him start tattooing first for about 3 years to further develope his drawing hand......I DISCOURAGED HIM!!!!.....if its lame so be it...it takes a little more than love to be a tattooist in my book....
THIS!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Platoon Sargent

.....TOUCHDOWN!!!!.........
Old 03-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

got another one just 10 mins ago. assbag came in looking to buy ink. his $200 ebay kit he was sooo proud of didnt come with any. hello? D.O.H.? muahahahaha

Tags
kinda, law