Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 09-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Recruit

Unhappy Could someone offer some advice?

Ok so heres whats going on. Two years ago I got a one year old rescue pit. I love him to death. His name is Leonidus,he is my baby. He was when i fell in love with the breed.
Two weeks ago a woman that i associate with through work called me and told me that she had come across a one year old female pit named Roxy. She told me that she had contacted several shelters and they did not want to take her. She told me her land lord did not allow animals so she had to get rid of her. Naturally, I said that I would take her home and see how Leo and Her reacted to one another.
When the two dogs first met it was on a gradual basis. I tried not to force them on one another. They got along really well. They both slept in the bed with me,they ate side by side, Leo even let her play with his stuffed spider i got for him at halloween(Granted she tore the legs off or it and the squeeker is not completely silent).But, unfortunately that only lasted for about a week and two days.
Last friday my brother and I were sitting on our front steps talking about crops and even though she had shown no signs of aggression towards him before she just attacked him. Out of nowhere, She lunged at his front legs and started shaking her head. Thinking back on it moments after it happened i could find nothing that happened to cause the fight. She just lunged at him and wouldn't let go. Well obviously after Leo was over the shock of it al he grabbed her by her ear. My brother grabbed both dogs by the collar and was holding them just far enough apart so they weren't pulling each others body parts off and I did the only thing i could think to do since both dogs hate water. I grabbed the water hose and sprayed them. They seperated instantly,once they seperated we put them both in thier kennels taking one out at a time to access thier injuries. I was cryin so hard i couldnt see straight. Because Leos leg was twice the size it was supossed to be, and Roxy had a couple holes in her ear. It was horrible. I don't think i've ever been so upset in all my life.
We took Leo to the doctor and they game him an antibiotic to prevent infection, and an anti-inflamitory/painkiller to help with the swelling and the pain. They told us that Roxy's ear would heal with neosporin and a non porous gause pad.
Both dogs have been acting as if nothing happened.They lick each other, and wag thier tails and talk and wine at each other as if everything is cool.But, I don't want to take the chance of them getting into another fight and i have to get rid of them, or worse ya know. I don't want them to hurt. I love em like my children even tho i'm only 18. They are what i live for now. Please if you can offer me any advice. even if it's to get rid of one of them...(Last resort of course) But i want to keep my kids.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, dog, fighting, offer, tips