Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 01-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Field Marshal

Default Eikon parts

Something that confuses me lately are how many people "build machines" and use eikon guts to fill the whole thing out. Making a frame, and using eikon coils and springs, other than tuning, isn't really going to make it a different machine than, for example an eikon green monster. im not sure its even really building, much more than assembling in most cases.

but with so many people, and their misinformation about what makes a machine "good", there are a few varables that would make a machine better than another, and eikon seems to have got it covered...

am i wrong about this?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Eikon parts

in a way yes and no... it depends but overall you're right. Most people don't even build the frames themselves. They get them cast or cnc'd then outsource all of their other parts then just throw em together and tune them.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:57 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkmunky View Post
in a way yes and no... it depends but overall you're right. Most people don't even build the frames themselves. They get them cast or cnc'd then outsource all of their other parts then just throw em together and tune them.
ya, i agree with you. thats what a lot of people are doing these days.
check this dude out www.myspace.com/bodyarmorstudios
he makes himself some badass s&!t you can also check him out at
www.tattoomachinez.com i dont really know what he puts in them, but i am pretty sure he makes it all himself.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Field Marshal

bryce is a talented builder, but i've never heard anything about the way they run.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:53 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkmunky View Post
bryce is a talented builder, but i've never heard anything about the way they run.
ya know, niether have i!!! wich is weird because he sold to a couple people that i know, i will have to ask them how they are running.
how do you even get on tattoomachinez.com? oh well.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 01-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Field Marshal

i won't even get into that question....

lets get something clear though, i understand that not everyone has the tools to build every single part of their machines, and some builders don't like (read: can't) to build certain parts. I hate cutting springs so most of the time i'll buy them elsewhere and just mod them. i fortunately invested in a mini lathe and am now able to turn out custom binding posts, coil washers, spring deck washers, and armature bars. Most builders buy these parts from other people and that's understandable. But purchasing cast frames from someone else along with coils, springs, b-posts, makes you a tattoo machine assembler, not a builder.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Recruit

Hi! Inkmundy I am looking for a tool as the mini lathe you have bought do you have a picture of this machine and whats the price.

Inky
Old 01-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Field Marshal

not to sound like a jack off or nothin, but if you don't know what a mini lathe is, what it looks like, or how it works, then avoid spending the money on one...
Old 01-24-2009, 03:56 AM
Recruit

thanks alot for the help!!! I know what its called in Danish. I have a big computerrised model for Industrial works,but it run 24-t. I will like to have one in my garage an there is the size an isue.

Jan
Old 01-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Field Marshal

it's a small 7x10 lathe. I don't know where you could buy one over in europe but for a lot of info check out this website. http://www.mini-lathe.com

Tags
eikon, parts