Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 05-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Cross Contamination

[QUOTE=Deran;43213]
Why in the world would someone be against bagging their machines?? Admittedly I don't bag them all the time, but I spray them with cavacide afterwards. I want to get in the habbit though. QUOTE]

i knew this would be coming up, i bag everything but my machines, why you may ask? putting a bag over your machine creates a barrier that traps heat. there is always going to be micro splatter from the chuck end of the tube trapped inside the heat filled bag and on your machine. i would rather just wipe them down when finished with madacide, cavacide or any germicidal cleaner than have to worry about bacteria growth under my coils, in them or just plain messy, bloody ink getting all over my machine. this has been debated for years and regardless which side of the fence your're on, it's not too hard to be clean and free from cross contamination.

i see a lot of hot shot guys CC at conventions and it drives me nuts. some people don't understand how to break down with one clean glove and one dirty glove. i go through 3 sets of gloves to set up and 3 more to break down, nevrmind the 12-20 pairs i throw away during the tattoo. gloves and proper barrier coverage are not expensive and the cost goes to the client anyway.

and for f@#ks sake, leave the stupid f@#kin cell phone alone while working. nothing says i care about what i'm doing to you like arguing with my girlfiend on the cell while your getting your tattoo. treat your client like they are the most important thing in the world, because they are. they are paying your bills, each and every one.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Field Marshal

[QUOTE=jerseyjaywymbs;43219]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deran View Post
Why in the world would someone be against bagging their machines?? Admittedly I don't bag them all the time, but I spray them with cavacide afterwards. I want to get in the habbit though. QUOTE]

i knew this would be coming up, i bag everything but my machines, why you may ask? putting a bag over your machine creates a barrier that traps heat. there is always going to be micro splatter from the chuck end of the tube trapped inside the heat filled bag and on your machine. i would rather just wipe them down when finished with madacide, cavacide or any germicidal cleaner than have to worry about bacteria growth under my coils, in them or just plain messy, bloody ink getting all over my machine. this has been debated for years and regardless which side of the fence your're on, it's not too hard to be clean and free from cross contamination.

i see a lot of hot shot guys CC at conventions and it drives me nuts. some people don't understand how to break down with one clean glove and one dirty glove. i go through 3 sets of gloves to set up and 3 more to break down, nevrmind the 12-20 pairs i throw away during the tattoo. gloves and proper barrier coverage are not expensive and the cost goes to the client anyway.

and for f@#ks sake, leave the stupid f@#kin cell phone alone while working. nothing says i care about what i'm doing to you like arguing with my girlfiend on the cell while your getting your tattoo. treat your client like they are the most important thing in the world, because they are. they are paying your bills, each and every one.
yeah, i agree with that for sure. its just basic principles of cross contamination. it blows my mind how irrelevant people think it is. bagging i think is just an extra precaution. i hate the "machine bags" they are too tight, and trap heat. i use sandwich bags, that are thin, and loose, and just prevent things like brishing the machine against the tattoo, having it exit your sterile field, etc. the best and most basic thing you can do is spray own your machines...i just feel better with the bag. not right or wrong, just your comfort level, as long as they are sprayed for the proper kill time, they are good to go.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
bag your f@#king machines people, in fact put a bag on everything, it's not hard. oh and i like your cheer conor
you know it may not be such a good idea to bag your machine because of heat and moisture being created inside the bag kind of like the greenhouse effect...bacteria grows faster in these conditions.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Recruit

[QUOTE=jerseyjaywymbs;43219]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deran View Post

yeah this guy knows what im talkin about...i really dont mind using massive amounts of gloves to tattoo with,i dont use the same glove to set up as i would to tattoo with...thats preschool sh*t.and as far as answering the phone while tattooing,a bluetooth would be a good idea.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBabcock View Post
you know it may not be such a good idea to bag your machine because of heat and moisture being created inside the bag kind of like the greenhouse effect...bacteria grows faster in these conditions.
i guess it depends on your machines... the only machines i had that would heat up enough to make the bag hot...got sold. heh bagging is NOT meant to replace cleaning afterwards, so this really isnt an issue. does the micro splatter travel up the tube, or are the outside elements that can touch the machine a larger issue? its devils advocate.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:20 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBabcock View Post
bagging your machine does NOT make it heat up any more than not covering it, and what your talking about is micro spray that travels up the tube into the machine, and yes that is a problem if your retarded and don't clean your machines after every tattoo. the point is to NOT get micro spray all over the entire area of the place your working. which is why i cover my machines. bagging your machines is not a shortcut to cleaning, just a safety precaution. because you can infact breath that s&!t in. and some people go as far as to use face masks. but i don't because(like i already said before) i bag my machines.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 05-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Corporal

Don't forget new gromets and rubberbands everytime!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieFelterbush View Post
Don't forget new gromets and rubberbands everytime!
word
Old 05-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Recruit

i know here..NC.. the health dept. only cares that you have all the right stuff,but there are no concern weather any one knows how to use any of it.

scary sh!t..
Old 05-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by br8e View Post
i know here..NC.. the health dept. only cares that you have all the right stuff,but there are no concern weather any one knows how to use any of it.

scary sh!t..
ive been in states where its like that. they dont ask to see your set up, the ask to see if you have exra paper towels. its a step in the right direction though. some states, their liscencing limits who can own and open shops and when, and if and when they can apprentice someone. i kinda like that.

Tags
contamination, cross