Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Private

Default shipping charges ... wtf ???

90 % of the time i order all my supplies from one distributor ( minus the occasional specialty / sale items ) and after the last few orders , i am a bit confuzzled ! i thought shipping charges applied per weight through the shipping service as everything i have ever shipped was always put on a scale and a price was given upon that to ship . am i totally wrong in this thought process ?

i.e. ~ i just placed an order that by their website adds up to 1.75 lbs and my shipping charge was $17 BUUUUTTTTT , my last order placed contained a gallon of green soap , a box of spirit masters and some odds and ends that weighed in at a whopping 14 lbs. cost me $18.25 in shipping ?

am i missing something here ?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: shipping charges ... wtf ???

a lot of companies make money off of their shipping. its shady but very common.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

the biggest Internet scamm of the decade.........my filters for my new E-cig came is a bubble wrap envolpe they weighted a great big 9 oz and they charged me 7.96, I bought 2 hoodies from Stranglehold Merch and the Charged me 5 bucks.....all depends on the company..and who they ship with......I think some make up there back end on shipping...unless a company dosen't use Flat rate I usally don't bother with them anymore.....unless I really want it
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Private

now i`m just a lil frustrated ... as in everything i try to keep my monies in my local community and will buy something from the mom and pop hardware store for a few bucks more than giving it to home depot that doesn`t really miss my chump change . but , now i may reconsider some things as alot of distributors offer " free shipping " ?!?!

on a side note , i can`t seem to figure out how to post a link to the studios myspace under all my posts as is yours and others . ive got it on my profile where i thought it should go but nope ! any help ?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Private

lemme see here , i think i got it ....
Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Platoon Sargent

I think it's a loophole in the tax deduction bracket. They charge more for shipping, making it look like it's a high expense to the company but the true undisclosed cost of the shipping is about 1/4 of what was stated. It's tough times, they have to feed their families as well. Maybe it's the $80.00 barrel of crude oil.

Last edited by Joe; 02-22-2010 at 08:04 PM..
Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

on a side note , i can`t seem to figure out how to post a link to the studios myspace under all my posts as is yours and others . ive got it on my profile where i thought it should go but nope ! any help ?
User CP / Settings & Options / Edit Signature
http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/fo...=editsignature

Cam has free shipping and Lucky's is free if you order over a certain amount.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Private

"Cam has free shipping and Lucky's is free if you order over a certain amount."

i`ve always liked luckys for " specialty " items but BUT i`d wrather feed the homeless in a 2 mile radius than give my $ to cam ! just about all distributors seem to have pretty close to the same pricing on all basic shop supplies as in clave pouches , ink caps , etc.
my main supplier now carries starbrite , stencil stuff and a few other supplies that i had to go elsewhere for plus being located in the same state ... if i order by 2 p.m. today i`m guaranteed to receive it by tmo !
guess i`ll just have to bite the shipping bullet and tell my brain to not put too much into it .

thanks for the input guys !
Old 02-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Corporal

it's all technical bulls&!t charges to get a few xtra bucks off of you. I paid my cable bill the other day, and the f@#kers charged me 5 bucks as a "service charge" to do it over the phone. How in the f@#k can simply paying a bill generate 5 dollars worth of cost that needs to be paid by the customer?? s&!t like this is a total lack of proper governing on corporations. Funny part is, they can't just fix this dumb s&!t without tacking a s&!t ton of other non-essential laws to it......damned if we do, damned if we dont.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:18 AM
Corporal

by the way, that few xtra bucks tacked up to a s&!t ton of different people turns out A LOT of xtra money.... all this and we're in a recession....greedy f@#ks....

Tags
charges, shipping, wtf