Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 04-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Corporal

Default i still love TATTOOING A-Z by Huck Spaulding...

I purchased a little while after I had actually begun apprenticing. As bogus as it was, I love flipping through it. After years of seeing ads for it, and all the knowledge it supposedly held its a great novelty. Actually, I think back to what the 80's might have been like for someone who couldn't apprentice and bought this. I think it probably spawned some decent artists.

I still have a machine from them, and if I ever have spare cash am going to buy that power box and a "artist certificate"

so classic.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Private

Default Re: i still love TATTOOING A-Z by Huck Spaulding...

yeah, i remember as a kid seeing it at my dads shop and turned it into my personal coloring book..man those where the days....as for a good reference book i always turn to great wave irons book by gentle...really good information..love his machines.....
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Corporal

Those old power boxes are gnarly, I have an older one that goes from something like 0-23?! They look pretty cool with the big red light in the front and all.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiwommi View Post
Those old power boxes are gnarly, I have an older one that goes from something like 0-23?! They look pretty cool with the big red light in the front and all.
They are Pimp and real easy to fix and easy to travel with, compared to all these crazy digital new ones that weight like 40lbs and crap 12 different plug holes and you need a degree in electronics to figure which one the foot plug goes in
Old 04-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Corporal

the first shop I apprenticed in the other artist who was like way old and had some seriously bad/scary tattoos rocked the spaulding power supply, and would leave his machines set up with needles in all day. The dude used rounds for shading/filling, but somehow did mediocre tattoos. that was one scary place though all around.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Platoon Sargent

I always hated the tiny quad plug system or the banana clip system. If its not set up for phono plug I won't use it.
This can be easily converted. A simple fix.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:25 AM
Private

i have one of those power boxes. it is a beast, but the red light is awesome haha. reminds me of something that would be in a submarine if a missle was approaching
Old 04-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Private

@SJrabbit-
which digital ones r u using that are 40lbs?
i just got one of those eikon ems300 ( uhh i think thats what it is called) and it is super light and easy to use. and they have little pictures of a foot pedal over where you are supposed to plug it in so u wouldnt have to worry about the degree haha
Old 04-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdaughter View Post
@SJrabbit-
which digital ones r u using that are 40lbs?
i just got one of those eikon ems300 ( uhh i think thats what it is called) and it is super light and easy to use. and they have little pictures of a foot pedal over where you are supposed to plug it in so u wouldnt have to worry about the degree haha
I think he was being sarcastic because the S&R power supply is the one that is large in size and weight.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Tala Tattoo
Private

Spaulding Toaster... You can heat a room with it. Seriously tho, it had a "real" transformer in it. If you had good wall power it would convert fairly well to DC. Cannot say the same for the Chinese itty-bitty transformers on all the top end power supplies. Of course there are ways around that too...
Tala

Tags
huck, love, spaulding, tattooing