Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Tattoo Enthusiast's Post here !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
I agree....look at their portfolio or even better is to look at a real physical tattoo they have done on a shop person, another artist, or a current customer if one is in the shop while you are there!

There is no way you....a collector/customer is going to dictate to an artist what pigments they should use!
It is a fair question to ask them...but they may question you on why you are asking them as you are asking questions most customers don't ask and it is a question regarding the craft of tattooing so it may make them think you are home tattooing or something.

Most artists use several different types/brands of pigments in their tattoos but there are some that will stick to only one brand and swear by it!

As in other crafts....the better your technique, the better the finished product! Variables like technique and a well tuned machine make as much of a difference if not more than the pigments they are using!
I did exactly as you say here. Researched, went and talked with the artist and saw his work on a live body (large rib piece) then made an appointment. My question isn't about me choosing anything. I'm just curious as to whether ink makes a big difference or does it depend on the artist.

BTW Tony has done most of my work and have about 40 days to start the rest of my back with him and Jace.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:18 AM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

boobs.

Christopher McCandless
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Angel of Death
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRoadHog View Post
My question isn't about me choosing anything. I'm just curious as to whether ink makes a big difference or does it depend on the artist.

BTW Tony has done most of my work and have about 40 days to start the rest of my back with him and Jace.
In my experiences it is more the artist than any other factor!
If they know how to put it in your skin then it shouldn't matter what brand
although most artists seem to have preferences as to what they use!

Any artists wanna chime in on this one???
Tattooed Sweethearts
Old 05-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Angel of Death
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryhaddon View Post
boobs.
Your just jealous cuz I got em and you don't!!!
And....I have a super size pack of Reese cups too!!!!
Think of the possibilities!

ha ha ha
Tattooed Sweethearts
Old 05-28-2010, 06:01 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Every shop I've been in and person I have ever talked to about tattoos, has given different inks that are just horrible and not worth using. At least when I was growing up. I never heard anyone say that it was talent, not ink, that made the tattoo.

Dave uses every ink I've heard people bash, and then some. I am CONSTANTLY getting comments on how bright the ink in my sleeve is. If there is a bad ink out there, it isn't one you'll know the name of or see in any studios.

Tags
enthusiast, post, tattoo