Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 04-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Recruit

Default Re: Tattoo bruising, What are causes and what should I do?

Thanks again for the help replys lozer, I really do appreciate it..

I do plan on getting apprenticship and of corse I want to get one but its not at a snap of a finger with a full time job and the fact of finding one.

Professional or not I tattooing is an art and I'm sure some of the greatest artist out there prob done a few before the found someone that would take them as apprenticship. Trial and error is one of the best ways to learn. And apprenticeship is too. Again I appreciate the people that does try to help.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:00 AM
Platoon Sargent

If you love tattooing you'd get ana apprenticeship BEFORE digging on people, but Im nobody honestly, you do what you do, trial and error is the LONGEST way to learn ever and only the super talented guys that were born to tattoo succeed going about this life without ANY apprenticeships, your not going to get an apprenticeship your tattooing people already..LMAO!!!......if you truly love this life you'd SACRAFICE, make the full-time a part-time and go about it the right way dude, you'll learn a hell of alot faster, the artwork you'd be putting on people will be alot sharper, dude like ALL the perks lean towards apprenticeships, better equipment, if your with a kill studio, you get to be around great artists, this "self taught" crap is honestly funny bro....look at what your doing to people dude.........good luck........I do not tattoo yet, I bought a machine off of ebay two days ago.....Im using it to strenghten my hand, and thats it....I bought no ink, no needles, just the machine, I love this life bro to the core of it, this art is performed on peoples skin and will be there for life the last thing I want anybody to remember about me is that, I bruised somebody trying to figure out how to tattoo, or gave them some infection or something....not cool.............Cheerz man....remember there are also a s&!t ton of great artist that had apprenticeships too, don't just focus on the guys that did it their way and happen to be very popular in the industry....
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Platoon Sargent

don't mean to give you s&!t...I don't respect scratchers bro thats all, this craft is a money outlet for all of you......All scratchers say the samething "I want to get an apprenticeship, no your not thats way you went out and grab s&!tty equipment..to TATTOO people, an apprenticeship is the furthest thing from your mind probably and by the time you do get one your gonna have SOOOOO many bad habits that your apprenticeship is probably going to be a hell of alot more difficult because of it........I will never understand the concept, of the scratcher, or the self taught, the blue print has been tried and true for years, why go against the grain, and try to pioneer something that you may not succeed in???

Last edited by Frek; 04-18-2011 at 07:20 AM..
Old 04-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Corporal

if you got a machine and are building up your hand muscles a good exercise would be to put a pencil in your tube vise...and get this...TRACE!

thats right, trace everything , grab some flash(or something you drew) and trace the f@#k out of it.

practice tracing it with single pass lines from a good starting point to a good stopping point,like maybe a inch or two at a time.then practice building lines with the small tight oval method.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Platoon Sargent

LMAO!!!! TRACE!!!>>>LMAO!!!!

yeah it hasn't gotten here yet but, I was going to put a pencil in there and DRAW s&!t like circles and stars or try to finish a complete DRAWING just using the pencil machine and just walk around with it move my hand around.....Thanx Lozer81.....I thought you was gonna rip me for telling dude to get an apprenticeship..LOL
Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Corporal

yeah the circle and stars would be a great exercise,don't know how many times i see someone f@#k those up on a tattoo.

no you're right about dude needing to apprentice first,he kinda hamburgered the tattoo,i just let him know where he went wrong. wether or not they can learn from it is up to them.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Platoon Sargent

Just a question Lozer why answer obvious scratcher questions??....

edited: I realize the question really wasn't to technical but, Lozer81 you went through an apprenticeship and it may or may not have been a really challenging apprenticeship, but the most important thing is that there was knowledge to obtain and more than likely you probably went through some kind of BS to obtain that knowledge, so why give ANY of it away to people that, should be trying to find an apprenticeship themselves instead of making someone's skin a science project?????.....I feel "scratchers" feel its ok to do what there doing and artists answering questions to s&!t they need to find out through an apprenticeship isn't stopping or keeping anyone from deciding to go through an apprenticeship or even wanting to do one....its easy now just buy some crap off of the internet, totally hack somebody up and then post about it on various forums usually...and wait for people to answer.....

Last edited by Frek; 04-18-2011 at 09:36 AM..
Old 04-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Recruit

Strait up I didnt mean to offend anyone by not having an apprenticeship FIRST okay. All the tattoos I have done on real skin the people have been warned I didnt give the people I tatted some BS to let me tat them I told them I might F**K your skin up. I didnt buy BS machines and started Tatting a Bunch of stupid sh*T. My cousin from another state is a tattoo artist and a good one at it gave me advice on what machine and what not and not to do while im searching for apprenticeship. And because i say I am looking for apprenticeship who the hell are you to say im like everyone else. I came here to ask for help from ku professionals about my friends skin. If you dont want to help move on. even professionals messed up people skin before and for a fact apprenticeships but when it comes down to it what artist is trying to f**K up someone's skin?! Im doing this mainly for the art and learning so I can have something I will enjoy doing in the future. Quit b1tc4ing and help some people Sh*T.

Again thanks for all who did help.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Platoon Sargent

get an apprenticeship first bro, your boy should've guided you alot better than he is.......Im not telling you what to do the hamburger you hacked up that used to be skin is.....learn by getting an apprenticeship...although your boy should've told you that, just like mine did years ago when he was introducing me to the this life, but I wasn't ready to take my art to skin back then......they're TONS of guys that post here and say the exact same s&!t you did about getting an apprenticeship and 9 times out of ten they don't because they are tattooing already and getting info from forums like you did too (your not the only scratcher out there and def not the first one to post on this site)......NO b1tc4ing here just trying to get the s&!t out of your head...LATER
Old 04-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Platoon Sargent

Ask all the questions you want bro but please stop "tattooing" people, there's a bunch of s&!t to learn before even getting to the skin dude....

Last edited by Frek; 04-18-2011 at 06:58 PM..

Tags
bruising, tattoo