Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 06-05-2008, 12:49 AM
LBT

Default H2Ocean

so an H2Ocean rep called me today to see if I wanted to carry their products and I dont feel comfortable recommending a product that I have not used and like myself....so far I have heard bad things about it but I noticed that it is sold on the site. I was hoping to get some feedback from yall about the tattoo aftercare products!!!
Grassy-ass
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:43 PM
'Speak Your Mind'
Private

Default Re: H2Ocean

There's been threads on here that I've read on this, but i'll give my 2 cents agin'...
I tend to be wary of 'outsiders' so the first time I saw H2Ocean at a convention I couldn't help but notice that the guys running the booth had no visible tattoos or piercings. Don't get me wrong, they didn't have to be body suit covered or anything. I just mean that they were wearing short sleeve shirts, so an upper arm piece would have been visible, some subtle ear piercings would have been passable too, (again they didn't have too have 1 inch plugs or nothin'). It caused me to wonder how they could sell me their product if they didn't appear to use it. Things may have changed for them, it has been quite a few years now. But still, I'd rather go with products made by people 'in the know'. As much as our industry has exploded I'm kinda sensitive about companies I feel are trying to cash in on it's popularity.

Black Cat out of Texas is made by people in the industry. They've spent a lot of time and effort getting something they felt they could stand behind.
With all the products out there, I wanted to carry something that was developed by people who both cared and were a part of tattooing already.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Field Marshal

it's fancy saline solution
Old 06-06-2008, 01:30 AM
LBT

sweet!!! I think I have heard enough...go back to my gut feeling and keep it out of the shop.

Thanks
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

Aftercare is different for everyone,... I have had nothing but great results with H2Ocean,... but I have also had great results using soap and water.
Just use what your comfortable using.
... ( y )
Old 06-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Field Marshal

it's another tool in the box so to speak... honestly the only time i'll ever use something other than the tried and true soap, water and lotion regiment is when my artist recommends it. I just got my neck tattooed by tim victim up at deep six and he gave me a lil canister of Raven Tattoo Care salve and so far it's been working great, no scabbing, nothing.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Private

Without reading the responses first. h2ocean is garbage.

You have to wait 24 hours to use their cream as it horribly scabs plasma.

Their piercing spray had a manufacture malfunction and half my stock lost compression and was rendered worthless.

There was a lawsuit against them not to long ago. bla bla bla.

I have never had so many healing problems with my clientele as I did when we were selling h2ocean.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Field Marshal

post script, i've basically finished up healing my neck after only a week... that raven stuff works pretty good, scary at first b/c it looks like it's pulling the ink out but i was told to expect it, the colors stayed bright as all hell and no major problems so far, with only minimal scabbing due to rubbing it too much in the shower

Tags
h2ocean