Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-10-2009, 01:06 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

Default Opinions on this gun

So i brought this up before but i'm finally making the purchase. I looking at buying a handgun this weekend. I was thinking about this one, and have read some really good reviews. With all the gun lovin people on this site i was wondering if you could take a look and give me some advice.

It's a Beretta Px4storm. I actually like the Kimbers but they are expensive as hell!!!

Now i know pretty much nothing about handguns. This mentions that it comes in 9mm Luger(10), 9mm Luger(17) 40 S&W(14). What the biggest difference between 9mm or 40 S&W(which is better for a beginner). Looking to use it at the gun range and on any evil ninja's that might try to jack my reese cups in the middle of the night.

http://www.px4storm.com/index.aspx?m=53&did=55

Thanks!
Terry

Christopher McCandless
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Opinions on this gun

looks good to me I have never fired on of those so I dont know.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Famous in bad places
Private

There is a long road between Beretta and Kimber...

The Storm is a good platform, user friendly and reasonably accurate. For a beginner or just for general range use, I would go with a 9mm. If you are more interested in something that would also serve as a home defense weapon, .40S&W is a good compromise between the 9mm and the 45ACP...9mm's have an over penetration problem, meaning they tend to go through a subject, retaining a good deal of the speed unless they make contact with bone. Now, all bullets will do this, but the 9mm's speed, in conjunction with its weight and size, make it a much more frequent occurrence than you will see with a .40 or a .45.

The .40 has more noticeable recoil than the 9mm, but with a full size handgun its more than controllable, and with enough range time you wont notice the difference.

If you really want to dig into the 9mm/.40S&W, the Department of Justice has done extensive research on the two rounds when police departments began to make the switch from 9mm to .40S&W.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Field Marshal

long shot has forgotten more about guns than the rest of us will ever know.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Field Marshal

I have personally shot with him...
Old 02-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Famous in bad places
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
long shot has forgotten more about guns than the rest of us will ever know.

You flatter me sir.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Private

I have the sub compact version in 9mm. Pretty decent gun. First gun that I chose to carry after getting my license. They were tough to find for a decent price for awhile, havnt checked around on them lately though. You will not be disappointed by it.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Field Marshal

is this "scaryface chris"? I ask because i saw that gun in your car?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
is this "scaryface chris"? I ask because i saw that gun in your car?
Yeah, that's me. And that was the one.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Corporal

I have also been looking at handguns. Applied for CCW just waiting to get it. I just put some money down on a Sig Sauer (60 day back order.... thanks Obama) and I would recommend checking them out. I have shot a few and love em. Also they have a bunch of .40 s&w or 9mm. I am going with a p220 carry elite. I want the .45 cause I dont want to have to mess around with multiple shots if you know what I mean. Also for home defense penetration can be an issue as stated before. Whatever you do I would recommend trying to shoot one first because each person will fit each gun differently.

Tags
gun, opinions