Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Corporal

Default For the gun nuts on here...

Someone has broken in your house....what do you shoot them with?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: For the gun nuts on here...

Assuming that they were an immediate threat (no castle law in IL) they would probably be looking at my Sig Pro (.40s&w) or my Mossberg 500.

http://www.inkednation.com/parabellum9x19
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Private

I keep my .44 mag next to the bed so If I was sleeping then that would be it.

During daylight hours it would have to be my rifle. I would prefer to use a shotgun but I dont have one.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Field Marshal

.357 Smith and wesson most likely as aks and crazy assault guns dont go over too well in court???
Old 05-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Corporal

Damn Bond...I was hoping to get about twenty responses before I gave away the ramifications of using assault weapons... You are a smart man!
Old 05-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Corporal

I would recommend a 38 rather than 357...wouldn't want it to go through the neighbors house... or a cheap full length pump shotgun...preferably one that looks like it was handed down from your paw. (wood stocks..no fancy add ons)
Old 05-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Platoon Sargent

Like the 9mm...the .38 will go through at least 8 layers of drywall...which is four interior walls.

Any bullet with enough stopping power to do the job is going to have enough penetration to make your background and surroundings a serious concern.

Buckshot is really no different either...it will pass through a tremendous amount of drywall.

Shot placement is the primary concern, imho. In the sense that it trumps the ever present caliber debate, AND that it will determine the risks associated with your background and surroundings.

After the VT shooting...even a Glock has a horrible connotation in court. There is simply no way for it to look "ok". And while I agree that an AK/AR will definitely paint you as a "gun nut" in court...I would not hesitate to choose the best tool for the job. Especially when the job is keeping your family alive.

I know its an old saying, but I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Corporal

i have a shotgun here, even though i havent shot a gun yet ever, i am willing to learn!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Platoon Sargent

Shotguns, like most shoulder mounted rifles...are pretty easy to get the hang of.

Just remember that its NOT like the movies...the shot does NOT spread out to the point where you do not have to aim.

At distances inside 50 feet, you will really not get a spread pattern that is very wide...even on an open choke (a choke with the widest spread pattern).

So you must still aim a shotgun very carefully...and be ready to go deaf for a little while if you fire it indoors. Sometimes auditory exclusion will kick in and save your ears (a phenomenon triggered by adrenaline, that safeguards your ears from shock)...but usually firing any firearm indoors without ear protection will cause temporary (and permanent) hearing damage.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Corporal

im just scared to do it but if i had to i would. when i was little i watched my uncle at his own stupidity, go into shock from putting the wrong size shell in a shotgun and having it back fire and i guess that kinda stayed in my head.

Tags
gun, nuts