Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 01-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Private

Default ? on Skin candy inks and others

hi my name is Brian. i am new to the forum stuff and im also a newer artist tattooing for about 2 years now. i appren. under steve ferguson and work in his shop ,The Ink Spot West in Green Brook N.J. im lookin into tring out some new inks just wanna get a feel for whats out there. im currently using a few different brands such as star brite, intenze,and dermaglo. ive been eyeing up the skincandy inks and eternals inks . any suggestions , advice or other brands that heal and go in well would be awesome thanks for your time
brian
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Corporal

Default Re: ? on Skin candy inks and others

well i use skincandy and it seems pretty decently thick but not all of theyre inks are that thick some inks are thinner.... not too many people i know like using theyre ink called Blackeye. WAY thick. Intenze is really nice and consistant to work. usually all the inks have the same consistancy and run smooth the true black is really nice as well but too dark and messy for lining unless cut down with 50% sumi. eternal is good and organic. however theyre red was used on me and i had a allergic reaction too as well as the artists using the ink and a few clients. i know Roman as in myspace.com/romanandcholo uses Eternal and the colors look very solid and vibrant, but that is in the users hands to create a good tattoo. ha i use some prizm ink here and there still i love the rootbeer color. its all about personal preferance when it comes down too it. i also like fantasia ink as well very liquidy goes right in.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Corporal

also dont hesitate to use the search function there are several threads and posts about this kinda material. hope this helps. welcome to the board.

i also asume this is your link.. http://www.inkspot-tattoo.com/brian.html
Old 01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Private

yep thats me and thanks for the input
Old 01-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Corporal

Hey Brian
I see you are working for Steve at ink spot! Tell him Hawk in Sweden said hi!
I got a Tattoo portrait of Steve on my leg back in 1992 by Bernie Luther . i'm a big fan of steve's always found him to be a stand up guy. Best wishes to all in N.J.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Field Marshal

Im trying out skin candy in the next couple weeks consultant style.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Field Marshal

Ill give you guys the full report.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Corporal

hey Brandon
What's up with this Freedom Ink? have you tryed it?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Field Marshal

what are you living under a rock?? hahaha

yeah man Im thier consultant -

http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/in...n_bond_contrav

Ive been working with them for over a year and I selected personally the cities and shops that will first be offering it.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Field Marshal

ps and in thier coverage in time magazine my artwork was featured done with that ink whcih is also the first image in my gallery thats a black and grey tattoo.

Tags
candy, inks, skin