Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 10-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Private

Default Re: New Ink

I gotta say, I LOVE Electric's palette... its as if i chose it myself.

but i'm not seeing any examples of work done with it that dont look washed out, and lack the boldness of waverly or fusion.

i'm not trying to offend anybody... I'm looking for a reason to pick up some Electrics...
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Private

hey bro i ordered a 1 oz set of 12 colors this morning..it was $105 with free shipping.. 1 tattoo will pay for them so i'm not pressed like that on the price..i'm stoked to get them and try something new..once i get them i will post some work..i heard that the white is off the chain..on cover ups i use some white to white the whole tattoo out a couple of times before i do the new tattoo
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskndoc2010 View Post
hey bro i ordered a 1 oz set of 12 colors this morning..it was $105 with free shipping.. 1 tattoo will pay for them so i'm not pressed like that on the price..i'm stoked to get them and try something new..once i get them i will post some work..i heard that the white is off the chain..on cover ups i use some white to white the whole tattoo out a couple of times before i do the new tattoo
yeah, screw it.

I'm in.

picked up the flesh set, blood set, and monster set... since those happen to be all the colors i'm most curious about.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Private

never even noticed the sets..if this stuff is good like people say i will get some big bottles..i was also thinking of trying joe cappabianco's colors too..never know, might not need it when i get these..i love that they have free shipping too..some companies try to stick it to you on the shipping
Old 10-19-2010, 07:24 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

seriously, electric ink is the first ink i bought that i had no problems getting light colors in, like really light blue, light pinks, and light greens, this stuff is awesome i promise, and the white goes in easy as well, and not a single color will dry up in the cap.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 10-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
seriously, electric ink is the first ink i bought that i had no problems getting light colors in, like really light blue, light pinks, and light greens, this stuff is awesome i promise, and the white goes in easy as well, and not a single color will dry up in the cap.
amen!

and to bill...i was going to reply to your post yesterday with this big wall o'text that on second reading made me sound like a d**k, but i think you're stand up people and don't wanna do that so i'll keep it nice and brief.

basically a huge part of tattooing is based on an assumption of trust and calculated risk, and we as artists are the last line of defense between EVERYTHING and our clients. our clients trust us and assume that everything we've done to prepare and execute their tattoo, from cross contamination prevention to the machines, needles, inks, soaps, etc are safe. we as artists are responsible to go beyond assuming products we use ensure the quality standards that justify that trust.

i understand as a small operation things like a pharmaceutical grade factory with air and water filtration and gamma sterilization are unrealistic at this point, but what about batch testing?
instead of saying 'my inks look fantastic, and i'm pretty fairly certain they're safe because i've never had a problem with them before' you can say 'my inks look fantastic and every bottle that goes out has been tested to ensure no biological contaminaion during the manufacturing process'

which would you choose?

Last edited by DrayBono; 10-19-2010 at 12:08 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Private

All that stuff is a given. It has to be or I wouldn't have any business selling it.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Private

i'm sure that the colors you have are great and i plan on getting some of those also..i will be making an order next week because i want to try that dark black that you have..have you ever heard of colorado black? it is one of the darkest i have ever seen but that was many many years ago..i couldnt tell you where to even get it anymore..i hope that yours is dark like that..is it good for lining also? i have used sumi for years but it seems like the last batch i got from tts was'nt as black..i wont use them anymore especially after what i have read..
Old 10-20-2010, 10:53 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

dude, waverly black is THE f@#kING s&!t, i really cant say enough good s&!t about it, it solved all my black problems, and it is great for black and grey work, i usually just use straight black, but for certain things i just use a couple drops and the rest witch hazel, and BLAM!!! its awesome, buy it, then buy more!!! and bills colors are tight, i just dont like thick ink, but when i have issues with getting in thin colors i switch to waverly. which reminds me i need a couple more colors

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Private

i ordered the electric colors and they are on their way..i'm super stoked to try them..i'm going to order from waverly next week too..for my light wash i always dip my tube in distilled water to get the light light wash and it has never failed me..do you think that by using witch hazel it gives it a better tone..let me know..

Tags
ink