Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2009, 05:19 PM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

Angry assbag scratchers... and bad tattoos...

ok..
for the record.. and for the world to hear.. cause im still steaming over this s&!t. (and yes.. i am a professional and WORK at a shop)

couple days ago an assbag comes into my shop, who looks kinda skeezy.. and blabs my ear off about how hes a scratcher, bla bla bla.. and wants to get a piece on his hand, due to the fact that he cannot do his own hand, now mind you.. think of an assbag covered in Aryan/prison tattoos who comes into your shop who doesnt look the cleanest on the planet, and asks for me to do some simple script lettering on his hand with some grey shade around it. simple enough right?

no..
heres where it goes awry, and PLEASE SEND ANY ADVICE/CRITICISM. (and yea.. i know i have the right to refuse ANYONE.. so i already know and got that out of the way..and YES our shop is VERY Clean, the whole nine yards.. so it wasnt something by cross contamination.. i am a stickler for clean. read other posts)
he comes in and its REALLY infected something bad. i had expressed with him IN DEPTH and WRITTEN details about taking extreme care of his hand, due to it being a horrible wear and tear area and at higher risk area and the precautions he needed to take. well. he didnt heed ANY of it.. and its now in really bad shape. i told him (and i was VERY cool and calm with this assbag) he needed to seek some medical advice as to the fact that he did not follow any of the WRITTEN or verbal advice on aftercare. he then decides that his two goons need to chime in and say their "piece" all the while clients are in the shop awaiting to get into the chair. then comes the "threats" yadda yadda..

i asked said douche to leave the premises immediately and very calmly and that he wasnt welcome back. Mind you he did sign a HIGHLY detailed Legal waiver of rights (as would anyone at any tattoo establishment)
then had to call our locals "finest" for report...

Granted.. (and yes BB.. i too am Armed... but no need to pull my trump card when its not needed)

how would you handle this situation differently?? was it handled appropriately? what do you do when you all out there have these types of issues..

thanks..
C'jack..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:11 AM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

Default Re: assbag scratchers... and bad tattoos...

sounds about right. he signed off that you told him how to take care of it and any infection that he receives outside of the shop is his own problem. standard waiver stuff.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:55 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

its never their fault, never. i've dealt with people like this before. when somebody comes in to my shop thats kinda scummy, my prices triple, works every time.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Private

I think you handled it as best you could, dude probably tattooed some aids infested whores gloveless and "washed" it with spit... I once had a girl tell me she doesn't have enough water where she lives to wash her tattoo.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:18 AM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

thanks for the input fellas.. i really REALLY wanted to come across the counter at him and strike.. but hey.. theres a time and a place for that kinda s&!t.. especially when you have other clients in the shop..

thanks guys..
good idea on the tripling the price.. dually noted!
again..
c'jack..
Old 07-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Field Marshal

i agree with the price increase. i wont do racist tattoos of any kind, so when some dumbass wants a nazi tattoo or whatever, i automatically tell the $5000 to compromise my morals. other than that, yeah, you did it by the book, so i wouldn't worry about any legal backlash.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Field Marshal

I wouldve invited him out back to "talk" about the situation, and had 3-4 other artists out there with bats and beat the crap outta him and put him in hefty bags with cinder blocks and dumped him off somewhere....... but in real life you did the right "responsible" thing to do. if you go the hospital and get an operation and you take your own stitches out at home and you bleed out, you have no one to blame but yourself. always follow doctors orders..... and i love the trippleing of the price!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Corporal

We make customers fill out a form with some medical condition questions, take a copy of thier ID/drivers license etc, on the lower part of the form, we have a disclaimer about certain areas having no garauntee on them...like hands and feet especially, becuase of the inherent problems with healing something that is in constant contact with a dirty environment...if you dont have that, get it added.

Yes, you handled yourself well, if they show back up though, call the police, try to remember cars make and model and license plate, descriptions of them, and any info you have from the client too. just my 2cents.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:35 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

the best thing to do is nip that s&!t in the bud from the get go. when a customer comes in, and you get a feeling that your going to have problems, spike them prices. they will b1tc4 and leave and never bug you again. unless their f@#king loaded and pay it, in which case you make a s&!t ton of money to put up with it, but i've never had that happen. i charged a scummy piece of s&!t 400 for a kanji on the neck not to long ago. he did'nt even know what to say. hahahahahaha

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 07-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Private

I was there, when this guy got this piece done! And he creeped me the f@#k out...
Being the nice guy that he is... Jack let him bend his ear about all his prison ink, and whatnot... and was very cordial and s&!t.

Doesnt surprise me.... when he was being wrapped, and given instructions he said, " All these tattoos I have, I NEVER put anything on them." In which Cactus Jack replied.. " Well... Im wrapping it. Leave it on for at least an hour, then wash it with mild soap, no towel, no paper towels... yada yada yada... "

:: SIGH ::

Good job not coming across the counter on this one... and Im glad I wasnt there for this creeps return visit. I commend you on your self restraint... haha didnt think you had it in you.

Tags
assbag, bad, scratchers, tattoos