Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 08-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Pablo@AllorNothing

Default Re: Single needle shading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
ive seen people use single needle for fill, and it doesnt look good. looks like green hamburger
I may be misunderstanding the term single needle but I think thats how the lowrider guys get down.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:12 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo@AllorNothing View Post
I may be misunderstanding the term single needle but I think thats how the lowrider guys get down.
im talking backwoods redneck f@#ktard single needle work......and it looks like green hamburger. i hate pa

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Pablo@AllorNothing

yeah. that s&!t looks a little different. I'm happy as f@#k I'm here and the days of hideous tattoos are behind me.

Last edited by Pablo@AllorNothing; 08-15-2010 at 02:37 PM..
Old 08-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Corporal

this kid that came out of jail that came to the shop had a back piece of skulls done with a guitar string, it looked really smooth like if i was shaded with a mag. I couldn't believe that such tattoo was done with a jail rig.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:41 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenKing View Post
this kid that came out of jail that came to the shop had a back piece of skulls done with a guitar string, it looked really smooth like if i was shaded with a mag. I couldn't believe that such tattoo was done with a jail rig.
ive seen some crazy jail tattoos, most of them were done by this dude from st marys pa. dudes an h head, but jail cleaned him out and he went nuts with guitar strings and whatever else. gets out of jail, and hes on heroin again, f@#king idiot

Old 08-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Pablo@AllorNothing

no doubt. most of the cats doing that awesome s&!t are lifers or goners tho. It's a shame to see talent like that wasted.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
actually, superior sells a power supply called the v-tech, that does that, it has a speed and intensity control. its f@#king junk but still.
It has to be junk, because the speed of a machine is defined by it's own mechanics and engineering. SO superior must be lying to a lot of folks.

That would be a sweet adjustment to be able to make tho.....specially (back on topic) to be able to slow down as well as hitting softer when shading with small groupings.

My friend Quecke does pretty rad single needle work, go check him out.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Corporal

this crazy dirty ass old man came into the tattoo parlor I work at. He was really nice though and started askin me about touchin up some 1/4 sleeves he had. He pulled up his shirt and had two really nice 1/4 sleeves on each upper arm. They were all done with single needle whipshading. It was a dragon on one side, and a grim reaper on the other. It was a european style dragon, but had japanese influence in it, the scales were all individually shaded, and each was surrounded by soft coin clouds. Both tattoos were really nice for being 25 plus years old each. He said some dude named Pineapple did them. This Pineapple character tattooed on the big island in Hawaii and he said would be in his late sixties or early seventies now. Has anyone ever heard of this guy? I was really impressed with the quality of work this guy did, and was hoping someone else heard of or knew something about him.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:08 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aivanne View Post
It has to be junk, because the speed of a machine is defined by it's own mechanics and engineering. SO superior must be lying to a lot of folks.

That would be a sweet adjustment to be able to make tho.....specially (back on topic) to be able to slow down as well as hitting softer when shading with small groupings.

My friend Quecke does pretty rad single needle work, go check him out.
its weird how it works, but i swear you could speed it up by the power supply. f@#king thing was expensive though. they would give you plastic machines too, hahahahahaha

Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Field Marshal

something i did single needle a while back:

Tags
needle, shading, single