Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 10-29-2008, 10:32 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: A.P.T.

i know a couple of shops in PA that are members, and the shops are dives, except for one(tainted flesh). but i dont like to follow a trail, i like to make my own.the A.P.T. is like one of those certificates you get from a scratcher company for ordering a kit. and why would you have to join the a.p.t. just for seminars on being sterill? just about all conventions that are worth going to will have one. be your own person

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Private

Now I do find that statement a little over the line, Tom
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
sometimes even trying to work directly with your local health department is an uphill battle. ive seen them give 100 percents on inspections to dogs&!t shops. unbelievable.
lead by example. I wish people were able to really get proactive about issues like that, but unfortunately a lot of the time it seems like health officials that dont really understand what they are looking at (and usually inspect resturants mostly) impose limitations and rules that dont regulate, but just generate a revenue.

keep your head up!!!
omg no sh_t i could post some pics about how the Previous shop was left(owner abandoned), it looked like he was JUST doing a tat and smoking and got up and left-half full ink caps, Vaso on the table, Contaminants on floor, etc. Then my friend, at the time, took over the lease and we busted our asses to bring it up to par/image of other 2 shops in WI and to find out the Inspector in my oppinion,was uneducated in this realm here. So i kno wut ur saying about Inspectors and Non sterile work(Scratchers). Its amazing wut he let slide w/previous owner.(No Names Please Im not getting into that Bag o' worms). But here some delicious pics on how we found the shop after the landlord let us in to take over...and YES there r sharps in those tubes!

These r only 2 pics i took out of a half dozen. I edited a Sticker for a shop off the can so its not to be associated with this.

Last edited by Jayrahn; 10-29-2008 at 01:15 PM..
Old 10-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Corporal

No offense to APT but i dont need to be a member to report something like this when i come into a Tattoo/Piercn Shop. Im sure if this was seen by the officials that r on the board where i live Tattoo Shops probably wouldve gotten just short of exiled here. Then again maybe it would pose New stricter ordinances/statutes...hmmm. Always a bad apple somewhere.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:43 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximalion View Post
Now I do find that statement a little over the line, Tom
bulls&!t. what has the apt done for tattooing besides have one or two conventions and a seminar, infact you were the one haveing second thoughts. i dont need to join some bulls&!t group, when i can do everything they do my f@#king self. i understand that health stanards are a MUST, believe me, but the apt does nothing to set standards in any state. hence pa still has no regulations among other states, and that is bulls&!t. so all i can do is adapt to other state standards.if the apt wants to be something that is helpful to the tattoo community, then they need to have a strict standard for their members. the last time i went to the apt convention, i saw people tattooing without covering machines,clipcoards,covering lightswitches with barrier film etc. and i am not saying that those who are members are like that, i am saying that they shopuld set high standards for people who are a part of their orgaization. you can't tell me that just because you are a part of the apt that you are more clean than a shop that is'nt. thats bulls&!t. don't confuse what i am saying. i am not saying it's a bad thing. but what i said was not over the line.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrahn View Post
No offense to APT but i dont need to be a member to report something like this when i come into a Tattoo/Piercn Shop. Im sure if this was seen by the officials that r on the board where i live Tattoo Shops probably wouldve gotten just short of exiled here. Then again maybe it would pose New stricter ordinances/statutes...hmmm. Always a bad apple somewhere.
dude, i want to thank you for that. that proves my point. max, i'm not trying to be a d**k either.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Private

I feel what ya'll are saying, I do have some misgivings, but I don't think it's a scam, I do think people scam off it's name.
I just found out that the owner up the street is listed as a "non-tattooing assoc." but he tells people he's a Pro
I had a long talk with Salior Bill the other day, and he's said that a lot of this is comming up in the next commitee meeting. From what I gathered from the conversation, they realize that their are some flaws in there system, and they are trying to be progressive in fixing those flaws.
Dialoge is what's important here. I think that each of of the thoughtsd expressed here is valid and important, and I think you should all express those feelings to the APT directly, join and make a positive change, if forward thinking, ethical Tattooers out number the trash then the trash will evlove or die

P.s. it's hard to express tone in typing, I'm not trying to sound like a d**k either
Old 10-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Private

as for those pics, dear gods! WTF!?!?! Looks just like the place next door to me
Old 10-30-2008, 07:07 PM
the cap'm
Corporal

those pictures are insane
Old 10-30-2008, 11:07 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

thanks max, i'm flad that got cleared up with no problems, and i agree with what you said. and those pictures are f@#kED UP

Tags
apt