Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Private

Default Who specifically at AoN would be a good "fit" for tattooing this kind of image/style?

http://www.doodlerblog.com/wp-conten...rls-doodle.jpg

I am looking at getting a full bodysuit with something very similar to that (sharp pointy-edge thick, heavy blackwork shapes that contour around each other as to give it an "electric" kind of look) and then I want to go in and put really bold dark concentrate "cool colors" in the center of the negative space that do a hard fade out to a strong glowy medium tint "thin halo near edge" of whatever the color in question is. No pastel hues or lightening with white too much.. I want to keep it very bold, straight, unnatural, and strong all the way through. If it absolutely needs contrast.. then maybe doing something like taking a one liner and lining a very small "Japanese neon pink" highlight right up near the edge of the black, without having to go any lighter on the colors themselves.

I'm not going for contrast, but rather I want to "transform" my whole skin tone into this very detailed, chaotic heavy blackwork oddity with heavily textured colors in the negative space (by using a dark central dominant core of whatever tint of color it is in the negative space.. like royal dark blue concentrate blending out to like a strong thin "halo" of medium-light blue with a jap pink hightlight right up near the black edge) to the point where you could not even discern my original skin color anymore. Basically the dominant color in the negative space would be the dark concentrate color tint.. which would give it a heavy texture right next to whatever thin "glowy" halo is near the black.

Basically to put it another way.. I want to shift my entire skin tone as far away from the natural skin tone as possible by using nothing but solid black and dark to medium glowy "cool" colors but no warm colors. It's something that I haven't been able to really find any references to but I want to push the envelope and try it. I think something like a jap pink as a highlight could definately add a nice twist to the whole thing.

Maybe Vince Villalvazo/Joe Waulken/Short?

I have no doubt that they could do an outstanding job on something this "bizarre".

What are your alls thoughts?

Working on paying off a lot of personal debt right now.. but as soon as its paid off this is my next life goal.

I couldn't figure out how to post the picture directly.. please let me know and I can edit the thread if you want me to.

Last edited by Graupel; 03-13-2010 at 12:33 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote

Tags
aon, fit, good, image or style, kind, specifically, tattooing