Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

Default Re: Stopping sales of equipment

i dont usually check this section so sorry for being late to the party...

i fully support and endorse this law, in NY and everywhere...in fact i may just have to write my state senator. if a state or government body is going to require and charge me money to be licensed to legally practice my own profession then i want them to do everything in their power to justify to me that time, money and effort required to play by the rules.

to you screaming about how this will lead to a BBP epidemic...it won't take long for reasonably intelligent people to figure out the connection between hep C and unlicensed tattooing, intelligent people already do.

if you can't be bothered to follow the law and get licensed (which in some places is ridiculously easy) you deserve to be starved out of your supplies and then your customer base. you deserve to be persecuted and prosecuted.

can't get an apprenticeship where you live? no reputable shops in your area? licensing regulations to harsh or expensive? move somewhere else. if you don't have the stomach to or are unwilling to play by the rules everybody else does then eat a bag of d**ks and shut the f@#k up when the consequences for what you're doing come down on you.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Private

FACT is that sterile clean equipment is what stops bbp !! To stop the sale woul omly help it spread and thats common sense. I mean Joe C and most who know this trade disagree with you. An no body is yelling here haha. Well the thing is if this law was back in the day most of the best today would not be here. MOST of the best tattoo artists today never had a apprenticeship and learned on there own. So what your saying is you have a problem with all of those well known guys who did this ? There not worthy ?

No matter what people can and WILL ALWAYS be able to buy supply's somewhere, people in NY still can just not from a mall , it will never be federal and even if so s&!t will still be able to be bought. And if you believe that then your shop MUST take apprentices in without saying no cause they have no tattoos or there not your friend. It must be like a normal trade were you cant pick who you want or be racist for any reason. If they cant draw that well and know nothing you teach them just like a normal trade school that you want it to be like. That will bring many more shmos in this trade

Joe Capobianco disagrees with you cause he knows the history of this business and how the best today started out. People can tattoo on themselves to learn not anyone and everyone and no one has the right to say no.

On you tube Joe will say the same, * Joe Capobianco interview* Your in titled to your own opinion but what you want will never happen. There should be a age limit of 25 and up to buy or 21 this way kids cant f@#k eachother up and the real artists at home who are mature and buy sterile clean equipment just like any hack shop have no problem. Im only speaking facts here to , Joe C agrees like most of the big guys do because they know all about this trade. Allot of apprentices get s&!tted on and learn nothing, There is allot to be said for learning on your own.

I dont speak for little kids who cant draw and hack people up , i speak for mature adults who have skill or learn that skill safely in a sterile area. Just cause a small group mess people up and make homemade crap and do it in a dirty way dont mean screw everyone over or everything in the world would be fuc*ed up. So the thing is most of the best learned on there own and its not rocket science and look at them today. This is a fact not a opinion. All they need is a blood born pathogens class/course and to pay money anyway. People will always be able to get what they want no matter who b1tc4es about it.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

FACT; 49 states require a license to legally tattoo human beings

ALSO FACT; if you're tattooing illegally and your state or governing body decides to actually use the funds collected from license fees from legit tattooers to make it harder for you to circumvent the law...i'm all for it, and i have no sympathy for you.

you want to tattoo without a license? move to new mexico. you want to tattoo in new york? shut the f@#k up and get licensed or accept the consequences.

and the biggest FACT of them all; gov't regulated tattooing is not going away so either get on board or get out of the way
Old 05-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Private

FACT , MOST guys in shops started by learning on there own

FACT, Jo capobianco disagrees with you along with the big name guys

FACT, There is nothing anyone can do to stop anyone from learning on there own.

FACT, big name guys know this trade you dont,

FACT, all it take is money to get a license, and a course in bbp and bam you got a license

FACT, It will never be federal and people in NY still can buy equipment with NO problem at all. Big name guys are not threatned by up coming artist who learn on there own because there work is great. Only crap shops and bad artists care about up coming artists. Most practice also not tattoo the public !! Fact is you know bothing about this trade and the best of the best disagree with you !!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Private

FACT , there are no consequences so you shut the f@#k up. No body opens a shop out of there house tattooing the public anyway. Well allot of big name guys did like mike d.

Get ready for the state to make you take apprentices no matter what, everything will change so now more artist will be out there because you cant hide s&!t and only teach family now, it will be like a normal trade or you will get sued for turning someone down. The apprenticeship will be free !! Fact is i have a license and its very east to get just takes a course in bbp. But dreaming changes nothing cause the fact is people will learn on there own forever and cant be stopped. Learn the trade. I mean no disprespect either so calm down guy, you can dream all you want its your right im just stating Facts thats it. Fact is Joe C and all big name real artists disagrees with you.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

one youtube video and you turn it into propaganda. if you ever talked to joe or read his posts on the forum at joecapobianco.com you'd see that he pretty consistently steered DIYers towards apprenticeships.

anyway, you're completely missing the point behind this law and what i'm saying. but hey, what do i know about this trade? i only use youtube to watch funny cat videos

Last edited by DrayBono; 05-11-2011 at 06:01 PM..
Old 05-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Private

Again i have one, *Also the video of joe is just him speaking and i just stated facts about what he said. Who cares about what he said long ago, either way he knows his s&!t and is speaking the truth and thats that. There is no propaganda what so ever just facts. Also mike d is on a video saying how he learned and tattooed out of his garage but he was sterile and clean with it. Many many guys agree so the video is just a quick way to see joe's opinion , many others agree with what he said and the fact is the best learned like that, as he said. *

I understand what you mean in a way, sorry to come off as a d**k. I hate kids who play tattoo artist or make s&!t at home and use it on everyone but to stop everyone just cause of a group that does it wrong is moronic. Cant screw everyone cause of a few bad apples. People who buy sterile clean equipment dont use the same needle over and over and most buy disposables therefor there work is clean, there is no issue with bbp when artists are able to buy sterile equipment. As long as they do it in a clean way and use clean equipment i dont see a problem. Most have started that way , You never once tattooed anyone or had a machine before your expensive apprenticeship ? And im not saying have the "public" coming to your house to get a tattoo, they can learn*on themselves and friends. Allot of guys dont give apprenticeships to anyone or just take there money and teach them crap. Not all but most.

We have different opinions i guess. Thanks for not resorting to insults like most immature people do. I respect your opinion, There is no point arguing over it , It wastes my time ha ha. I believe a age limit should be out thats all, so kids can get s&!t. I just think if the best today started learning on there own then we cant say no to people doing that today, its no ones business and people do worse things. *Not everyone at home scars people up or tattoos with no art skill wrecking the look of them. *I dont see how it harms you in anyway. If your work is good then no worries about up coming artists, they dont interfere with you in anyway unless clients go to them for a tattoo which dont happen to much i assume.*

The whole argument with doing it to stop bbp is moronic, to stop the freedom to buy sterile equipment will only cause bbp to be passed. Its common sense. Artists will be forced to use old crap or make crap , there passion wont stop.*

The ones passing bbp are using homemade equipment not buying clan, sterile equipment from a supplier. To address the scratcher term , A scratcher is one who tattoos with no gloves on a dirty kitchen table. Thats what mike d said to me and many other builders and artists. You don't have to be in a shop or in a apprenticeship to be a professional , thats what a well known builder*told me but i dont want to drop his name on our conversations out of respect. It seems only small shops that are not that good and make no money complain about artists at home cause they lose money to them. In my state the ones who complain are poor crappy shops honestly. * Guys with amazing skill dont care cause there skill makes there money and they know how most started so its unfair to switch it around Now * * *

I speak for good home artists, Sorry for going on and on again. This will have to be the end of the argument, Anyway all i can say is i respect you opinion. Good day
Old 05-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

i don't have the time or energy to go into all of this crap again, you can go look into some previous threads to get the details, but these 'good' scratchers you're talking about are about as common as four leaf clovers. meanwhile the pool of thousands of hack jobs that gave you your so called 'good home tattooer' are f@#king up physically and medically a whole lot of people. am i threatened by scratchers? no. scratcher cover ups are easily 30% of my business. i make money off them but i'd still rather i'd have a blank canvas to work with and people who have had bad tattoo experiences bum me the f@#k out. whether its s&!tty art or just an artist with a bad attitude, no one deserves that and it reflects badly on all of us.

so if you think just because a few 'big name guys' endorse it then its all hunky dory then, you're naive.

if you think teaching yourself and hacking on anyone dumb and willing is the safest, fastest and bestest way to learn how to tattoo even decently, nevermind being a 'superstar' then you're just stupid
Old 05-12-2011, 02:29 PM
^This Guy^
Private

In my own opinion I have to agree with draybono on parts of this...
I also have to pay annually for my safe body piercing certificate,
also have to pay annually for the bbp course, standard first aid course, cpr course
not to mention the bio medical waste, insurance, ect

so I will agree if i have to pay the state for all of this
i would like some recourse on them protecting my interests..
any legit piercer in the state of florida is required to have this:

as well as these bbp crp and first aid courses

I can see both sides however I pay these because it is part of the biz
its what i have to do to operate in my state
if i could so should they
Old 05-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

THANK YOU HORDAK!!

finally, someone gets it!

Tags
dumb law tattoo, equipment, sales, stopping